Coaches Under Pressure for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

As for who's under pressure this year, I see it as:

1. Voss - if the Lions don't improve, they can't afford to keep him
2. Worsfold - they simply have to get better
3. Craig - another down year will have the Crows powerbrokers sharpening the knife
4. Ratten - treading water isn't good enough when Judd keeps getting another year older
5. Clarkson - Like Craig, his Hawks have to produce. You can't trade on undoubted talent and a flag forever

Voss - Get him out before he does anymore damage.
Worsfold - His side isn't doing much, but it is a rebuilding process.
Clarkson - A bit unfair, but I think the Kennett factor is the main reason. If the Hawks don't make it to a prelim this year, Kennett will take Clarkson down with him.

if hardwick doesnt have us playing that competitive brand of footy that we showed in the second half of the season, the media and the fans wont give him an inch!

you have nothing to worry about mate. his already done a lot. his brought us more hope then any of the last crappy coaches!

Yet you neglect to acknowledge that Melbourne's record in its last eight games was 4-4 with percentage of more than 108. That included three interstate trips in six weeks.

Couple that with the relatively strong start, an improved execution of the game plan, good performances from talented young players and you have several reasons for optimism about the Demons.

All that comes without mentioning the fact that Melbourne was desperately unlucky to lose to your Bulldogs early in the season and its results against eventual premier Collingwood were a last-minute two-point loss and a draw. Both of which provided further evidence for optimism.

FWIW, I had set a pass mark for 2010 at eight wins. Eight and a half wins, coupled with some more good games against the contenders, had me reasonably satisfied that the necessary progress had been made from the previous two years.

An "easy" start to the year is neither here nor there. Sure it helps to build memberships but that's not what's at issue here.

The reason punters, fans and commentators are buoyant about Melbourne is because of what they saw on the field in 2010, not because of any perceived "easy" start or AFL favours.

Fabulous assessment of Melbourne's 2010 season. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches Under Pressure for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back