List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolton wants to come home.

Package up darling, petrucelli, jamaine Jones, tom cole, witherden and Kelly for him?
Not enough?

That probably guarantees the Tigers Pick 1 in 2025 ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be want to be able to get another 2nd or 3rd though

I'll be very surprised if we can land pick 13 for Barrass let alone pick 5. Hope to be wrong though, having 3 and 5 would be epic. Personally if we can figure out how to get Trainor ahead of North and I don't really care what happens on draft day.

For example:

North get cocky and trade down from 2 to 6 or above, top 2 mids are victorians and first 2 picks are held by Melbourne based teams, and we have 3 and 5. Then we have some excellent leverage against Adelaide. Blackmail them into swapping 3 for 4 and f2 or we'll take Draper. They take him. Then maybe bid off 4 to whoever has 7 because we don't want that victorian mid either. Take Trainor ahead of Norths with pick 5, North then must reach for next best defender with pick 6, so we take a mid with pick 7- actually rated at pick 5. Maybe that's Bo Allen if he's had a good combine and entered the top 10. Trainor becomes our Gov replacement, 2nd best player in next Premiership. If he wants to go home in 3 years, no big deal has a North connection and they have infinite high draft picks to raid.

Not saying any of this is smart trading just desperately want to **** North over for lols after all the draft concessions they've been given, and put Adelaide in a position they effectively give us something for nothing to move up 1 spot- and for them to say to themselves well if these guys have Trainor they won't come after Curtin in a years time so maybe that's justifiable. Again, bit of revenge for last year swooping on the GWS pick we wanted [but thankfully didn't get].

Is the club going to get dinkum and be decisive at the end of the season and promptly announce list changes a week or so after Round 24 once exit interviews have been done?

Or will they pissfart around for weeks and not announce delistings until well into the finals series and have a repeat of Trew/Dewar last season where it wasn’t announced until late November that they were being retained for 2024?

The deadwood is pretty easy to cull. I’d like the club to show a proactive approach by announcing the delistings by the pre-finals bye weekend.

3, 5 and Baker……not bhed.

3 - Draper
5 - and in order of preference FOS, Lalor, TT

It would be magic if somehow we can add 10-14 in some form. Berry/Lindsay would then be a wet dream.
Okay, can we as a community all agree to refer to Tobie Travaglia as Trav instead of TT from now on?

Because every time I see those initials, my mind thinks of he who must not be named from Norf.

Is the club going to get dinkum and be decisive at the end of the season and promptly announce list changes a week or so after Round 24 once exit interviews have been done?

Or will they pissfart around for weeks and not announce delistings until well into the finals series and have a repeat of Trew/Dewar last season where it wasn’t announced until late November that they were being retained for 2024?

The deadwood is pretty easy to cull. I’d like the club to show a proactive approach by announcing the delistings by the pre-finals bye weekend.

Why?

I know we like taking the piss out of the purps for their >$2m ruck debacle, but would we be able to get a pick from them to salary dump Hodor?

He would ironically improve us more than English would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back