List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Retired
Gaff

Traded
Barrass
would float Darling and see if we can get a 3rd rounder

Delisted
Jones
LEdwards
Rotham
Burgiel
Baker
Trew
Culley
Rawlinson
Witherden

Retired
Gaff

Traded
Barrass
would float Darling and see if we can get a 3rd rounder

Delisted
Jones
LEdwards
Rotham
Burgiel
Baker
Trew
Culley
Rawlinson
Witherden
I suspect we may look at trading out at least one player, a Cole, Petruccelle, BWilliams, that means we can still refresh the squad quite a bit while retaining one or two of those with potential (Burgiel, Culley probably the two most likely to be saved).

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

I hope we don't delist anyone just to re-rookie them. Burgiel may have had a rough trot with injuries but hasn't shown enough to warrant keeping on the list
This is a deep draft , we could get some real talent in the rookie draft like Artemis or some kpd talent

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Second article I’ve seen today on Fox Footy referring to Liam Baker as a Free Agent - this one even starts talking compo picks.

Tigers’ brutal rebuild reality as trade chaos looms

I realise they aren’t actual journalists, more Click Bait Generators, but come on…

What if we split the pick for 8 and 12?
I assume that will be Lindsay/Reid and Berry/TT (Taryn Thomas) for Draper/FOS or Smith.

If the call was made on the night of the draft, I don't think it would be all too accommodating to be honest. But at the end of the day, we will support whoever is selected for our club.

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

Holy moly the niggle after the play after the first three contests. Can you imagine adding this aggression with Harley.

Fast moving to the top of my want list for pick 3.

One option that is it not spoken about is just walking Baker through the PSD. We have leverage there. Say its either a second rounder or we walk him in for free.

I know its not used much but we need to be more cut through. Part of the reason our list is in this state is RoB was way too soft in dealing with players and other clubs. Being the good guys gets us nowhere. We need to be more like the Cats and Swans - pricks to deal with.
Unless we get some good trade value out of Barrass, and look at shopping for a late first or early second for Liam Ryan we need to keep pick 23. Currently we have 3, 23 then nothing till pick 59. If baker wants to come to WC then PSD or take pick 77 and 95 ... good player but we desperately need as many 1st and 2nd rounders as we can get our hands on.

Really like this from Waterman. And also like that for some reason the article isn’t stuck behind a paywall

Especially like this paragraph

“I know we just got smashed, but games like that solidify in my mind that I want to be part of the change and I want to come out of the other side. I want to be playing when we’re starting to win games of footy again and becoming more of a great club like we should be.”

Our spiritual captain

Unless we get some good trade value out of Barrass, and look at shopping for a late first or early second for Liam Ryan we need to keep pick 23. Currently we have 3, 23 then nothing till pick 59. If baker wants to come to WC then PSD or take pick 77 and 95 ... good player but we desperately need as many 1st and 2nd rounders as we can get our hands on.

They aren’t walking Baker to the PSD, get real.

Our Recruitment Manager literally worked for Richmond less than a year ago, he was there for many years. Unless there is actual bad blood there (which has never been implied) expect a friendly relationship between the 2 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If tiiggies take fos... Then north will probably trade 2nd to Adelaide (draper)...and we can take Jagga

If tiiggies take Jagga... Then north will probably take fos... Then we got a choice to trade ours to Adelaide(draper)... For theirs and their 2nd rounder... Or just take draper?

Not for me. I’m holding for one of Smith Draper or Lalor at 3. My next group of mids are FOS Smillie and Murphy Reid and then it becomes positional players or utilities and I want us to go a midfielder that gets plenty of it.

If I was Norf and offered 8 and 12 for 2, it would be very tempting as their midfield cupboard if pretty damn full. Only proviso is that Norf were not confident that LDU is going to stay with the tin rattlers

We need another young jet in the middle next to number 9 the worst way. I wouldn't be splitting the pick even though this would probably be the draft to do it with all the evenly spread talent.

What I'd do;

Retired
Gaff

Traded
Barrass 13 and R2 (I don't think will get more)

Darling 3rd rounder
Ryan 2nd rounder
B.Willams 2/3 rounder (I think he has value to some others)

Delisted top 8
Jones
LEdwards
Rotham
Baker
Trew
Witherden
Culley
Burgiel

Hit the draft hard and pick up two players of value at state level

Holy moly the niggle after the play after the first three contests. Can you imagine adding this aggression with Harley.

Fast moving to the top of my want list for pick 3.

Agree. Lalor has the size and power you look for in a top 3 pick. He seems to have similar traits to Harley - which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing. I think ideally we'd want someone slightly more outside and classy to complement Harley but I think we just have to go best available.

I'd be open to trading pick 3 to Crows for pick 4 and second rounder and using pick 4 on Lalor. We'd just have to have the Crows convinced we are locked onto Draper.

Delist/Retire (9)
Jones, Gaff, Witherden, Rotham, Trew, LEdwards, Baker, Rawlinson, Culley

Trade (4 OUT, 2 IN)
HAW: Barrass for 12 and 30
MELB: BWilliams, Petruccelle, 58 for 38 & 49
FREO: Ryan for 27 and Knobel
FA: Cumming

Draft (9)
3-FOS/Lalor
12-Travaglia/Lindsay
23-Hynes/Oliver
27-O’Farrell/Mraz*
30-O’Farrell/Mraz*/Gerreyn
38-Champion match
49-Dennis/Johnson/Barrat
Rookie-Artemis
Rookie-Boxshall

1 list spot for DFA/SSP/MSD

They aren’t walking Baker to the PSD, get real.

Our Recruitment Manager literally worked for Richmond less than a year ago, he was there for many years. Unless there is actual bad blood there (which has never been implied) expect a friendly relationship between the 2 clubs.
We don’t even have any leverage in the PSD scenario because Richmond is one of the two teams with picks ahead of us. If they genuinely wanted to keep him they could just pick him back up and see who comes with a better offer the next year.

Shelter footycast-
Schoey adamant barass and darling gone/going.

Who'd be after darling?
Collingwood 48 or 50?
Melbourne 45 or 51?
North 40?
Sydney 56?

I'd be happy with either of those picks for a developing kpb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back