List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

That doesn’t mean much he will be in round one conversations after a very solid champs to date.
I had him floating just outside the top 10, but a poster who has the full pre-season testing numbers posted his results which were very disappointing (apart from a solid yoyo test). Weak 20m sprint and agility tests. I think this is the reason many aren't jumping on Langford as a sure fire first rounder.

He’s quality and gone completely under the radar
Not completely, I've been pushing him. I'll claim him as my boy.

Harrison Oliver 181cm Sandringham and Harry Charleson 182cm Rebels are two others who haven’t been mentioned much either who would be mid 2R picks that fill a dire need for us.

I had him floating just outside the top 10, but a poster who has the full pre-season testing numbers posted his results which were very disappointing (apart from a solid yoyo test). Weak 20m sprint and agility tests. I think this is the reason many aren't jumping on Langford as a sure fire first rounder.
Yeah had heard he had some poor results. He doesn’t look overly athletic but he works hard and keeps getting it. Pretty good mark and has a penetrating left leg.

Has been very impressive for Vic Country would have to be the favourite currently for there MVP.

Harrison Oliver 181cm Sandringham and Harry Charleson 182cm Rebels are two others who haven’t been mentioned much either who would be mid 2R picks that fill a dire need for us.
Dire needs.

Mids with speed and class.

Backman with balls and who can stick a friggin tackle.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wish Lombard was not a academy pick would be perfect for us
The very reason I would have no problems calling his name out on draft night if we hold pick 2 or 3. I expect the Suns to match but in the event they think it is too high, we get a very useful midfielder to add to Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, et al

It would not be a spiteful bid, it is fully justified.

The very reason I would have no problems calling his name out on draft night if we hold pick 2 or 3. I expect the Suns to match but in the event they think it is too high, we get a very useful midfielder to add to Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, et al

I don't know what's justified about taking someone who will likely go in the teens at pick 2/3

It’s also a fantastic opportunity for a huge trade with GCS, was it Barra that also said Liam Ryan has interest from/in the QLD clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what's justified about taking someone who will likely go in the teens at pick 2/3
You rate Lombard in the teens. There again, I find my valuations this far out too often differ with you.

No drama - we see the game differently

Last edited:
If we finish in the bottom 2 again and only win one more game for the season, that would put us at 9 wins over the last 3 seasons, North got priority picks when that happened to them.

Hopefully we at least ask, would be handy to get two end of round 1sts that we have to trade, would solve the Baker issue.

John Ralph thinks we should split our first round pick for Baker and another first round pick

So Baker for a high first round pick

That’s sick give us a break
Ralph is a Richmond supporter. Doing the best he can to get Richmond good draft picks I reckon.

Guys I'm legit concerned.

I think Tim Kelly is showing his age. And so is Elliot Yeo.

We need to draft players who can replace them.

The question is: When the ball is on the deck who do we trust???

Ginbey does not do it for me in terms of inside mid capabilities.

Is Elijah Hewitt capable of doing it? He seems like an outside player.

Untested Clay hall?????

Hence, It's official we need to look at Sam Lalor or Sid Draper

Last edited:
How do you rate Lombard in the teens. He’s been outstanding.
Is the Allies MVP surely, & one who has definitely peaked at the right time. However I think he's just about maxed out and will be overtaken by a lot of the Vic boys in the long run.

Plus of course academy & FS tend to slide a little.

Guys I'm legit concerned.

I think Tim Kelly is showing his age. And so is Elliot Yeo.

We need to draft players who can replace them.

The question is: When the ball is on the deck who do we trust???

We have Harley.

Ginbey does not do it for me in terms of inside mid capabilities.

Is Elijah Hewitt capable of doing it? He seems like an outside player.

Untested Clay hall?????

Hence, It's official we need to look at Sam Lalor or Sid Draper
I would be happy with either. I rate Lalor as pick one chance next to FOS. Draper I think will show 50 games in what a star he will be.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back