List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stepping up a level to play his first senior SANFL game of the season Sid Draper turned in a seriously impressive display and proved that he can match it against the mature bodies. Playing almost entirely through the middle he finished among the best for South Adelaide with 23 possessions and put to rest any questions about his defensive work rate with 11 tackles among numerous other pressure acts.

No I'm saying trading the best performed forward in the competition this year for a late first and a nobody ruck is a terrible deal.

Allen hasn't shown that he can stay on the park, Darling isn't even best 22 anymore and none of the others have proven anything yet, if a contracted Waterman wants out and we want to cash in then the deal has to at least be heavily in our favour considering he's one of the few shining lights this season and would probably be winless without him.

The best?

So you dont like that trade price. But agree he isnt untradeable Waterman?

Im sure that woudnt be the only offer.

Do you think a 27 in 2025 Waterman is a player who will lead this group up the ladder? Will be well over 30 before we play finals again. UFA in 2025 and may 8nly get us band 2 end of 1st compo in any case.

To get quality you need to trade quality.

I don’t know much about the upcoming draft crop, but we need to prioritise pace and highly skilled players.

1. We have more than enough blokes, who try hard and compete, 2. we need some class by hand and foot.

I think Cumming would add that quality, but apart from this board, I haven’t seen us linked to him at all.

Who are the best ball users in this crop?
I'm not going to argue with point 2. 100% agree.

But the first part? We have too many blokes who at the moment are not chasing, not tackling, not two way running, not creating a target and so on. Basically aren't trying hard or competing.

The best?

So you dont like that trade price. But agree he isnt untradeable Waterman?

Im sure that woudnt be the only offer.

Do you think a 27 in 2025 Waterman is a player who will lead this group up the ladder? Will be well over 30 before we play finals again. UFA in 2025 and may 8nly get us band 2 end of 1st compo in any case.

To get quality you need to trade quality.
He’s restricted, not unrestricted so we’d match any bid that’s not band 1 and force a trade anyway. If we extend him this year it will show a total lack of insight into the list state and FA system by the club.

Band 1 then take the top 3 pick, if band 2 then happily match and keep him or force a trade.

Last edited:
He’s restricted, not unrestricted so we’d match any bid that’s not band 1 and force a trade anyway. If we extend him this year it will show a total lack of insight into the list state and FA system by the club.

Band 1 then take the too 3 pick, if band 2 then happily match and keep him or force a trade.

Hawks just lost Lewis to an ACL and will be looking for another leading forward to replace Gunston as well.

Hawks, North and Dees would all be interested IMO.

Hawks have 5 winnable games of there last 8..... probably doesn't get them into finals BC of %. So there's a chance they finish 9/10. That's pick 9/10 in the draft. Waterman and Petch for pick 9?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would rather wait and hope he maintains the rage and get band 1 compo next year unless a team offers the equivalent this year.

Would rather wait and hope he maintains the rage and get band 1 compo next year unless a team offers the equivalent this year.
I would take any Hawks pick between 5-10 this year. waiting is not an option now. We need as many high end picks this year to get them in now with a new coaching panel.

I would take any Hawks pick between 5-10 this year. waiting is not an option now. We need as many high end picks this year to get them in now with a new coaching panel.

Bird in the hand, two in the bush so perfectly reasonable. Real chance band 1 is pick 2 for us next year so if we got 1 and 2 that would set the club up for years. Imagine what the Crows would offer for Dyson Sharp for example and we could still take a top two mid.

Come on what are you thinking.

It’s the WC board on BF, if a kid isn’t tracking like Walsh, Rozee, Rowell, Sheezel or Diacos in their second season ….. then they are a bust.

Jest aside agree with your post, he is doing fine .
It’s even weirder when people say he is performing poorly as an inside mid based on yesterdays game when he didn’t even play as an inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This draft is looking like a very, very solid draft out to 30-35 with no real superstar standouts. Best performed players this year imo are tied to GC and Brisbane. Has smillie risen or have others just not stepped up as expected?

Contracted or not, time to go shopping imo. Max age 25 at start of next season, we need an elite midfielder or even better two. If they have shown to be durable then offer them the money.

An example below.

Offer Rowell and Anderson 8 year contracts at 1.5mill each per year and see if it shakes the tree, they are best mates and Rowell is OOC next year. This years and next years first round picks plus our second round pick this year. Bring in Cumming via FA.

Picks are only that, picks. Shit i'd give this years first, next years first and the first round pick from 2026 for those 2. Best mates and guaranteed 12 million each over 8 years. Midfield sorted. Kelly goes to a wing and develop youngsters for the other, Yeo and Cumming can rotate HB and mid with Yeo primarily HB, Ginbey is the defensive mid, Hewett can build into it from HF as can hutch and Reid gets the support needed.

FB Duggan Barrass Hough
HB Yeo McGovern Cumming
C Kelly Rowell Anderson
HF Ryan Allen Hewett
FF Cripps Waterman J.Williams
R Flynn Reid Ginbey
Int Hutchinson (I really rate this kid) Maric Hunt Petch Long

This draft is looking like a very, very solid draft out to 30-35 with no real superstar standouts. Best performed players this year imo are tied to GC and Brisbane. Has smillie risen or have others just not stepped up as expected?

Contracted or not, time to go shopping imo. Max age 25 at start of next season, we need an elite midfielder or even better two. If they have shown to be durable then offer them the money.

An example below.

Offer Rowell and Anderson 8 year contracts at 1.5mill each per year and see if it shakes the tree, they are best mates and Rowell is OOC next year. This years and next years first round picks plus our second round pick this year. Bring in Cumming via FA.

Picks are only that, picks. Shit i'd give this years first, next years first and the first round pick from 2026 for those 2. Best mates and guaranteed 12 million each over 8 years. Midfield sorted. Kelly goes to a wing and develop youngsters for the other, Yeo and Cumming can rotate HB and mid with Yeo primarily HB, Ginbey is the defensive mid, Hewett can build into it from HF as can hutch and Reid gets the support needed.

FB Duggan Barrass Hough
HB Yeo McGovern Cumming
C Kelly Rowell Anderson
HF Ryan Allen Hewett
R Flynn Reid Ginbey
Even with all our cap space, don’t think we can fit in all of Rowell, Anderson, Harley and Mutimer. Something will have to give.

An example below.

FB Duggan Barrass Hough
HB Yeo McGovern Cumming
C Kelly Rowell Anderson
HF Ryan Allen Hewett
R Flynn Reid Ginbey

I was charmed... then realised it was time to wake up. love for club to give it a go.

Tier 1- I just can't get around to trading out TB, Waterman or oscar for drafts picks. Seems like robbing Peter to pay paul. They are just too good to lose we'd be worse off. Key position players don't grow on trees

Tier 2-Duggan and Ryan are worthy candidates that could bring a reasonable pick that can be replaced. Duggan a end of first and Ryan a 2nd rounder

Tier 3- Bbw, darling, petrucelle for 3rd or 4th rounders although bbw is still a needed player

Adding a fit Hewett and FOS will make a significant difference to the engine room

Need to land Cummings

How much longer has Gov got on his contract??

I was just wondering if he may retire early after another rib injury. He has been a saviour in defence, but does he want to keep putting his body on the line like he does?

How much longer has Gov got on his contract??

I was just wondering if he may retire early after another rib injury. He has been a saviour in defence, but does he want to keep putting his body on the line like he does?
He's unbelievably brave on the footy field. Doesn't get enough plaudits for this imo.
He'll keep doing it until he retires.

Why is Tyrell getting a new contract? So many bad decisions over and over.

If you are upset at Tyrell getting a 1 year contract, id hate to know what you think about Barnetts 2 year deal

Im assuming you are like punching a boxing bag with Barnetts face on it every night before bed?

I was thinking the other day we should target Cam Rayner, then I started thinking, St Kilda may be interested and if they were he would definitely join St Kilda over us

That’s how far we have fallen

Cam Rayner? He is no better player than Petch… and that bloke shouldn’t be anywhere near our list anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back