List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know much about the upcoming draft crop, but we need to prioritise pace and highly skilled players.
Thats how we reach for another Rotham or Pettrucelle.
Those that have it all, along with complete games go top 3.

We obviously won't be a top 4 team again anytime soon through obtaining overwhelming skill/talent. To be honest i'd rather 10 battlers that win their position each week and allow the stars of the team to shine. Cole/Hough/Long can work to improve our better players.
Eg St Kilda 2009-2010, Richmond 2017-2020.

Still gutted about Busslinger, was really hoping we'd get him.

Alex Davies is a massive must for me!
Garcia makes complete sense, I'd even ask the question about Erasmus (wouldn't pay much for him though).

Dev, extremely low interest
I’d rather Davies then anyone we have been linked with, Baker included

Come on what are you thinking.

It’s the WC board on BF, if a kid isn’t tracking like Walsh, Rozee, Rowell, Sheezel or Diacos in their second season ….. then they are a bust.

Jest aside agree with your post, he is doing fine .

People who expect Harley to track like daicos have not seen daicos play. And they are poorer for it.

Cameron just extended last week, signed through to 2027.

Levi Ashcroft will come in and most likely start as a high half forward.

We drafted the top medium forward from the CTL at the mid season draft. Already looks very good in our VFL team.

Not to mention we also drafted a WA small forward at the mid season draft as well.

And we have a Kosi Pickett like small forward in our academy for next year.
How sweet, you 2 talking again!

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we lost Waterman I dont see why we couldnt go into next year with a KPF setup of Allen, JWilliams and A.Reid with Flynn in the ruck. Hutch can be the 4th marking target with Darling and BW as depth.
If A.Reid isnt quite ready then we could always play BW or Darling in that spot.
Cadman as GWS played most games this year as a 3rd tall/ruck behind Hogan and Riccardi, maybe A.Reid could do something similar.

We could also afford to lose Barrass. Depending how HEdwards goes now for the next bit we could run HEdwards, Gov and Bazzo as our KPD trio, with Jamo and a draftee as depth, potentially pick up a mature age depth KPD too. Still Hough and Maric who could fill in as a 3rd tall if required.

We have quite a lot of senior players, I dont think cashing in Waterman and/or Barrass would be even close to what North did years ago.
Much prefer to cash in Waterman as we have more depth in his position.

Still have Duggan, Cole, Gov, Yeo, Kelly, Allen, Hunt, Cripps and Ryan as experienced players, plus any pickups in the off season

Why is Tyrell getting a new contract? So many bad decisions over and over.
Dewar just oozes class , he is a smooth mover but needs to make strides in the professional side of being a footballer .

This was explained to him in the off season and he had responded well taking his game to a level where he debuted for us .
He has definitely developed in a positive direction this season and deserves an extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear we still have people at the club who thinks with a fit list we could play finals, hopefully its clear to them that is not the case and it's time to rip the bandaid off and start again, as it stands we'll be 10 years away from finals but by being ruthless we could cut that by half.

No new deal for Barrass and if the option presents let him leave and bring in a good kid and draft pick, where there's smoke...
Ryan can also go, a top 25 pick would be a win.
I'd love for a club to offer a bucket load of cash to Duggan to trigger band 1.
We ideally need 5 top 30 picks in this years draft
Be aggressive towards free agents who can improve our team and right age profile.
I am not against Waterman leaving and right now is his absolute best value.
Duggans not getting band 1.

Where is this whole Alex Davies idea coming from? Why would he want to move to WA? Just starved of opportunities?
Wouldn't mind an Asian player on the list in any case.
From the NT, so coming to Perth wouldn't be a barrier or any go home factors.
Highly talented player who just can't crack a deep Gold Coast midfield. When he has, he's performed really well.
So yes, starved of opportunities. Plus I'd guess he's been on the list for a while so GC wouldn't mind dumping his salary off their books.

For us, he's talented had years of development and a bigger body that is ready to go, can play half forward too.

Where is this whole Alex Davies idea coming from? Why would he want to move to WA? Just starved of opportunities?
Wouldn't mind an Asian player on the list in any case.
Money + opportunity = Happy chappy

Think we can 100% guarantee him best 22 football and give him a pay rise at the same time

One thing to think about is would Eagles have the guts/bravado to trade our F1st for say 2 of Freos 1st rounders so we got 3 1st rounders in this draft but none in the next?

Freo then have the path to offering Sydney 3 1st rounders for Warner

I'd like to subscribe to your magazine...

Id want 2 top 10 picks though and just pray to almighty that a new coach + ageing stars can get us atleast 1 okay season before the second fall off when McGovern/Yeo/Cripps all go

I'm sure you would.

Cant see us having two though. I can see Collingwood as low as 12th, but Port is a raffle.
Could see us having 8 and 13 or something...

Trading those would be the best indicator we have Chad over the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back