List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 55 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 82 28.3%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 32 11.0%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.9%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft prospect video highlights by noobermensch

If it's down to Port and us for Garcia then Port will land him.

They seem to be very active every trade period and every year get a couple of sloppy seconds

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
If he wants guaranteed game time in the midfield then we are the best place for him.
Sitting behind Butters, Rozee, JHF, Wines and Drew, with Mead trying to break in already is a tough proposition.

So the kid taj Hotton. Before his ACL what was his projection? I've heard someone over here in Victoria tout him as a top 3 prospect before the injury. I watched a couple hailebery games last year and all I remember was he was quite quick.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was solidifying himself as a top 10 prospect before the injury, with a big champs and strong finish to the year he would’ve had a chance to go top 3-5 for sure.

If we get extra picks in, I’d be happy if we rolled the dice on him. He’s a serious talent.

He was no good when he was in our NGA
Can't agree with you. I watched Humphries play in the PSA, WAFL and state 16's over the last few years. At every level he had the best disposal efficiency by either hand or foot of any player on the ground. The modern game is based upon retaining possession. I think the knock on Humphries was probably his fitness but if you get a kid with his elite skills in a full-time training environment anything can happen. Geelong's recruiters saw that - Eagles recruiters didn't

If it's down to Port and us for Garcia then Port will land him.

They seem to be very active every trade period and every year get a couple of sloppy seconds

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could Port match what Eagles could? Add a little extra on top and game time.

Draft watchers … thoughts on Harvey Langford?

Haven’t seen his name mentioned much, but Twomey has him as the fourth-best which is pretty much where we’re picking at this stage (after Ashcroft goes as a F/S).
Harvey Langford.

Fantastic and damaging kick, doesn’t need a lot of possessions to hurt you, loves the contest, had a huge champs at the next level and a mature body that could play and impact early season. Very much a dual position player forward/mid and very adept at both. He’s a footballer, no one can question that.

The knock is going to be his all round athleticism and ability to develop it. His CTL pre season testing has been posted on here and if accurate wasn’t great. He’d know this is his weakness and how he addresses that over the season and then his combine results will speak to both his anbility to develop his athleticism and also his hunger to do what it takes to make it at the next level.

Other than to say he’s a top 20 prospect, his final draft spot will be difficult to say until we see his national combine results. He's definitely one who may have an end of season “niggle” and skip combine testing.

Can't agree with you. I watched Humphries play in the PSA, WAFL and state 16's over the last few years. At every level he had the best disposal efficiency by either hand or foot of any player on the ground. The modern game is based upon retaining possession. I think the knock on Humphries was probably his fitness but if you get a kid with his elite skills in a full-time training environment anything can happen. Geelong's recruiters saw that - Eagles recruiters didn't
Just because hes ready when hes 21 doesnt mean he was ready when he was 18.

Lawson Humphries was draft eligible in 2021. Before drafting Humphries, Geelong made -

• Five picks in the 2021 main draft, one rookie pick and passed with their 2nd pick
• One pick in the 2022 MSD
Two picks in the 2022 main draft, two rookie picks and passed with their 3rd pick
• One pick in the 2023 MSD
• Five picks in the 2023 main draft before using their 6th and final pick on Humphries

By my count they had 19 opportunities to draft him before selecting him

Looks like they’ve stumbled across a diamond but let’s not pretend he was some obvious standout talent screaming draft me. If Geelong knew he’d be this good they wouldn’t have waited so long

Took a punt with a late pick and it’s paid off. Good luck to them

What I will say about Geelong is they aren’t afraid to roll the dice with late picks and churn through them like tailings from a gold mine waiting to strike it rich. And they do so more than most clubs

According to the Hard Ball Gets pod, he has said himself he wasnt ready when he was in our NGA

IMG_5580.jpeg

Jagga’s neck is in Tom Swift areas

Delist

Excellent, point taken, again!! Now **** off back to the Roos board and tell them over and over what morons they are missing out on the blindingly obvious need in Logan McDonald so they could pick an undersized Will Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lawson Humphries was draft eligible in 2021. Before drafting Humphries, Geelong made -

• Five picks in the 2021 main draft, one rookie pick and passed with their 2nd pick
• One pick in the 2022 MSD
Two picks in the 2022 main draft, two rookie picks and passed with their 3rd pick
• One pick in the 2023 MSD
• Five picks in the 2023 main draft before using their 6th and final pick on Humphries

By my count they had 19 opportunities to draft him before selecting him

Looks like they’ve stumbled across a diamond but let’s not pretend he was some obvious standout talent screaming draft me. If Geelong knew he’d be this good they wouldn’t have waited so long

Took a punt with a late pick and it’s paid off. Good luck to them

What I will say about Geelong is they aren’t afraid to roll the dice with late picks and churn through them like tailings from a gold mine waiting to strike it rich. And they do so more than most clubs
Not to mention, Swan Districts who finished in the bottom half of the ladder last year could only find a spot for Lawson in about half of their games.

But somehow we are expected to believe the Eagles missed an obvious in your face talent three years ago.

Hope the Garcia interest/article is genuine.

He is cetainly the preference, for me, of the three WA mids we are linked with. I think he would be a great addition.

His 8.8 player rating would have him sitting 13th on our list, with only two players younger than him sitting higher (Reid & Ginbey). Whilst the PR doesnt jump out at you, that is whilst he is playing in unprefered positions behind the likes of Bont, Libba, Treloar etc.

He is out of contract and should he request a trade, surely we can pip Port to his signature.

1721217412449.png

Last edited:
Be a good lad now and run along and find somewhere else to rattle your tin.

View attachment 2050847

This is not a homeless shelter for those reliant on welfare.

If you are after some more handouts just go see Mama Kane, I am sure your blue and white shirt will match her slippers.
Public forum cob - my opinion is no more or less relevant than yours so I'll keep giving it.

Hope the Garcia interest/article is genuine.

He is cetainly the prefernce, for me, of the three WA mids we are linked with. I think he would be a great addition.

His 8.8 player rating would have him sitting 13th on our list, with only two players younger than him sitting higher (Reid & Ginbey). Whilst the PR doesnt jump out at you, that is whilst he is playing in unprefered positions too behind Bont, Libba, Treloar etc.

Out of contract and should he request a trade, surely we can pip Port to his signature.

View attachment 2050919
For a comparison to some of our younger players, see below.

1721218729463.png

* Age (End Of Seaon)
** Some players are affected by being the substitue, injured etc.

Public forum cob - my opinion is no more or less relevant than yours so I'll keep giving it.

Public forum

Team board

Our rules not yours

Your time in this thread is done

Have a good day

For a comparison to some of our younger players, see below.

View attachment 2050931

* Age (End Of Seaon)
** Some players are affected by being the substitue, injured etc.
Out of curiousity, how do other defenders rate? (generally, regardless of age - McGovern, Sam Taylor, etc.) Hough was pretty good last year and has been very good this year.

I really hope we don't trade away our F1 pick, likely to be a top 2 pick and if there's a couple of stand outs would be worth a lot more then
Much rather trade barrass and/ or BWilliams. Our tall stocks are decent,JWilliams can step into the ruck forward role permanently

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back