List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the replace Bailey Williams train. But where does it come from? Besides Matt Flynn no one on our list is close. Who's the back up ruckmen we can pinch from somewhere else?

Lol Will Schofield says WC have no upper hand with Barrass... Being contracted for 3 years , WC 100% have the upper hand.

My only point was that we wouldn't have Pick 3 heading into this draft.

That point still stands regardless of what we got back.

Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

The interest in Tom Clurey, any chance it's a salary dump and we get some draft pick compensation for taking his contract?

Otherwise I agree with others that our interest in him makes no sense.

Lol Will Schofield says WC have no upper hand with Barrass... Being contracted for 3 years , WC 100% have the upper hand.
TBs media mouth piece.

All 3 will work together to get the best outcome but Hawks knew when coming for TB they will have to pay the price.

Just listen to Gettable, long term contracts means the club has the leverage.

Also mentioned how other clubs ain’t happy the Tigers get all 3 kids playing for them this week.

I'm on the replace Bailey Williams train. But where does it come from? Besides Matt Flynn no one on our list is close. Who's the back up ruckmen we can pinch from somewhere else?
Preferred = Ned Moyle. Sadly, contracted to 2028. Witts has two more years left. He's about to turn 32. Would he be gettable for cheap? Suns have Read coming through if wanted to hand over to Moyle full time.

Potentially realistic = Pittonet. Not a world beater, but a unit who doesn't get beaten to often/badly. 28, under contract to 2027 but Blues seem to go better when playing de Koning in ruck. Maybe gettable for a reasonable price.

I've already accepted that we're gonna get reamed.

Maybe not reamed but we won't get what we believe he is valued at.
Could be some shuffling of picks as well.

Preferred = Ned Moyle. Sadly, contracted to 2028. Witts has two more years left. He's about to turn 32. Would he be gettable for cheap? Suns have Read coming through if wanted to hand over to Moyle full time.

Potentially realistic = Pittonet. Not a world beater, but a unit who doesn't get beaten to often/badly. 28, under contract to 2027 but Blues seem to go better when playing de Koning in ruck. Maybe gettable for a reasonable price.
Not getting Moyle. Already had big offers a couple of months ago. Elected to stay, said that’s where he wants to play his footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also seems to think we will end up with a player in a potential swap three ways? Bolton or Baker a couple of names he put up.. hmmmm.

Bolton seems extremely unlikely but I would be happy enough. Baker for Barrass and whatever other pick (I'd assume) isn't enough. Need a first rounder involved for a long term contracted star KPD to make it any form of attractive, I don't think the club would do themselves like that.

Why?
What makes you think we will voluntarily get reamed when we hold all the power.
We have a new CEO and recruiting team who seem to be ready to act aggressively.
Stop wetting the bed.

Wetting the bed?

lol

If we get a get a better outcome than I expect then I won't be complaining, but I won't "wet the bed" if all we get is Hawthorn's first rounder and a packet of chips, which is what I imagine those that anticipate the Eagles strutting in like Vince McMahon acting aggressively will do with an outcome like that.

vince mcmahon GIF

Maybe not reamed but we won't get what we believe he is valued at.
Could be some shuffling of picks as well.
I’d hope we’re speaking to Blues, Hawks, Dogs and even Saints of Battle leaves. All are likely to have picks that could get a satisfactory deal done. Blues would be my strong preference, good picks likely, are in the window and having Gov jnr adds a nice touch.

Salty Will can jog on and so can TB if he feels it’s necessary play silly buggers in the media about bailing on the last 3 years of his contract.

The club 100% has to play hard ball on this - not only because they need to extract value but it will also show other clubs (and our players) that you won’t just get what you want when you decide you want to break your contract.

The Eagles are already behind the times in terms of not actively targeting (long term) contracted players - we only need to look down the road at a club willing to chase anyone and disregard their current status.

The landscape has changed quickly in this regard over the last 2-3 years but I suspect the clubs will be keen to reclaim some of the power in player movement - the league itself doesn’t really seem to care either way (and probably just gets excited about the prospect of more web traffic during trade week, let’s be honest here).

Also seems to think we will end up with a player in a potential swap three ways? Bolton or Baker a couple of names he put up.. hmmmm.

Bolton seems extremely unlikely but I would be happy enough. Baker for Barrass and whatever other pick (I'd assume) isn't enough. Need a first rounder involved for a long term contracted star KPD to make it any form of attractive, I don't think the club would do themselves like that.
If we got Bolton for TB imo, that would be a great outcome. I know I’m in the minority and Probably not going to happen though. Would also be open to Ryan going for a late first. Maybe some sort of 4 way trade involving us, Hawks, Rich and GC.

Baker clearly not.

Jagga, Langford and FOS all playing VFL this week for the Tigers. Was a discussion on here about if it’s fair or not earlier in the week. Cal just mentioned he’s not too sure if other clubs are thrilled with it.
Langford is playing but I don't believe the other two are. I think they're back in CTL this week.
The tigers have special access to these guys because of their injury list apparently. They aren't in their zone so wouldn't usually have had access to any of them other then Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back