List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the replace Bailey Williams train. But where does it come from? Besides Matt Flynn no one on our list is close. Who's the back up ruckmen we can pinch from somewhere else?
At this stage, haven't seen enough of Flynn to convince me he's a great ruckman?
When you look back at NN and Cox, we need to unearth an outstanding roving ruckman, better than Flynn, he could be #2, that's what I'd like to see in an ideal world. Cox wasn't a man-mountain or a huge lump of lard (Darcy), he was athletic with skills and smarts.

I'm not even slightly upset. He would have improved our team because we are so bad, not because he is so good.

Think they will regret that contract in 12 months time when it becomes clear Darcy has lapped him as a player.
This is almost as bad as the purples re-signing fatboi for 7 years.

Relieved that squib aint coming to us.

I just want a first rounder from Hawks regardless of where they finish. I'll be furious is tb is with us next year

A wily negotiator.

the simpsons GIF

For all the Carroll talk, can’t really find much either way on him from the Blues board.

Decent size, 22 times per game at VFL level over his career (27 per game this year). Good enough to be near the Carlton squad (sub seven times which is annoying).

Obviously their midfield is a lot stronger than ours, but why would he be a delisted free agent and not someone they’d try to squeeze a third/fourth out of given he’s 21 and his numbers say very clearly an AFL list calibre guy.

He's not fast, is a dead average kick and is completely one sided.

Langford is playing but I don't believe the other two are. I think they're back in CTL this week.
The tigers have special access to these guys because of their injury list apparently. They aren't in their zone so wouldn't usually have had access to any of them other then Smith.

Saw this this morning:

3AB8D222-ABA0-4728-B3FA-711B2EBDB554.jpeg D0C97FBA-A627-4786-AB2B-584D3A681243.jpeg E5839752-50A3-401B-AFBA-2F4E3FFA04B4.jpeg

I’d hope we’re speaking to Blues, Hawks, Dogs and even Saints of Battle leaves. All are likely to have picks that could get a satisfactory deal done. Blues would be my strong preference, good picks likely, are in the window and having Gov jnr adds a nice touch.

Was told already that Battle is done for the Hawks.

Whilst I understand the chance of getting a decent player increases with the higher the draft pick, I think there is some merit to throwing enough darts at the dart board to hit a bullseye. We currently need draft picks as badly as we need just high quality ones. You could argue that lately we have had more success in the third round than the second round of the draft.

Personally I’d like to see us use about 10-12 draft picks over the next 2 years to hopefully unearth about 5-6 players of AFL quality. The last thing we need is to only go to the draft with 3-4 draft picks and a couple of them are busts over successive drafts. Those kind of numbers will simply replace our ageing fleet of stars and then you are relying on free agency and the rookie draft to improve your list.

Remember what pick TB came from, sure there are plenty of busts down in that part of the draft but there are also nuggets of gold. You just need to keep digging enough to find them. I wouldn’t be at all fussed if some of the picks we get if players leave are seen as sweeteners as part of the overall deal.

As a fanbase we won't be happy with the Barrass trade outcome.
I don't think either fan base will judging by what Hawks posters have been saying in their trade thread.

We want 2 first rounders, they think 1 first rounder is enough, the reality is it'll fall somewhere in the middle.

I don't think either fan base will judging by what Hawks posters have been saying in their trade thread.

We want 2 first rounders, they think 1 first rounder is enough, the reality is it'll fall somewhere in the middle.

Have said from the start Hawks 1st and Pies 2nd would do it. Hawks getting into the 8 is a pain though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts is 32.

If only i'd mentioned that key part.....

Preferred = Ned Moyle. Sadly, contracted to 2028. Witts has two more years left. He's about to turn 32. Would he be gettable for cheap? Suns have Read coming through if wanted to hand over to Moyle full time.

Potentially realistic = Pittonet. Not a world beater, but a unit who doesn't get beaten to often/badly. 28, under contract to 2027 but Blues seem to go better when playing de Koning in ruck. Maybe gettable for a reasonable price.

I've already accepted that we're gonna get reamed.

Is getting reamed meaning we aren’t going to get hawks to overpay?

He is 29 soon. If he was 26, you would expect 2 first rounders.

Bottom line is whether we like it or not, we telegraphed that we aren’t desperate to keep him and hawks know that. We need picks.

He's not fast, is a dead average kick and is completely one sided.

So are we actually rattling that cage or just giving it a little nudge or the media have it wrong and we’re not even looking

As for Peatling I hope you’re rattling that cage like it’s Nisbett’s neck

IMG_5678.gif

With our list profile, I don’t see the point of bringing in a 32 year old as a stopgap, unless he’s going to be a pseudo-assistant coach.
Purely to provide a competitive ruck while we develop someone into the roll. Certainly not a preference, would really like Moyle, but we can't keep going with Williams and Flynn. We'd be better off with a witts and a talented rookie to develop.

Not going to happen anyway. We're going to run Williams and Flynn back out there next year.

I thought Phil said offers had been increasing for Barrass?

If we’re still going to be disappointed the initial offers must have been taking the absolute piss!

Lol Will Schofield says WC have no upper hand with Barrass... Being contracted for 3 years , WC 100% have the upper hand.
Will Schofield is a vindictive bastard that will try and pick an small issue regarding the club. He’s not pleased cause TB is his mate. Pitty cause Schofield only won a flag cause of an actual talented player got hurt.

Hope you read this schoey 😘❤️

Trade TB to Roo's for pick 2, he is better than Mckay ... they need a decent back, we take 2 or 3 to the draft and trade the other for later picks.
Obviously we win the trade and neither TB or the Roo's would go for it. haha this is how it works right bring on silly season.

Everyone needs to chill out about barass we will do extremely well for 3 reasons. It's a top ten pick or 2 teens pick minimum

1. Hes under contract for a couple more years here so we have leverage
2. West coast can take his salary leaving room for battle to still join hawks
3. Barass and battle in frees up hardwick/Sicily to the fwd line permanently. hawks will do anything for that

Re- willscho
Barass gone
Witho delist
Sheed maybe forced to retire, all his boys are gone he'll lose his connections plus he's salty already even tho he was only depth and should be thankful to the club for the opportunity they gave him. Being best mates with brayshaw doesn't help the cause, little shit thinks he's gods gift

Pitty cause Schofield only won a flag cause of an actual talented player got hurt.
That's very harsh. Schofield was instrumental in that flag and was one of the best on ground in the GF.

He's part of the media now and has lowered his colours a bit, but lets not forget that he was a great servant to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back