List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are we going to get for Barrass from the Hawks does everyone reckon?

Straight swap for Grainger-Barrass. Hopefully. We might have to throw in a sweetener.

Both Cavanagh from HUN and Cal have Dodson rated at 19 (I have taken out the FS and NGA)

Good size and he has performed well since the carnival. I can see Richmond pouncing with the many picks they are likely to get back end of the first round. The best ruck prospect in this draft by a long margin.

Both Cavanagh from HUN and Cal have Dodson rated at 19 (I have taken out the FS and NGA)

Good size and he has performed well since the carnival. I can see Richmond pouncing with the many picks they are likely to get back end of the first round. The best ruck prospect in this draft by a long margin.
An athletic mobile SA ruckman who is clearly the best in his class… Where have I heard that before?

But you’re right, clearly the #1 ruck. Also didn’t play footy at all last year so plenty of development to go. I’d expect Crows in particular to trade aggressively for him but yes if the Tigers decide they want him they’ll have a pick at almost every level of the first/early second round to get him.

If we get a pick in the 20's back as part of the Barrass trade i like what the write up on Alex Dodson.

Pick 3 - Draper
Pick ~12 (Hawks Round 1) - Another Mid
Pick 21 (our second) - Hotton if he's dropped / or whoever
PIck ~25 (Pies Second from Hawks) - Alex Dodson

Trade Bailey for whatever we can get, play Flynn and whoever of the young guys is most ready and develop Dodson.

View attachment 2080937
I'm not spending any draft picks on ruckman ever again....unless their last name is Naitanui

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve got Barnett, Livingstone and Archer in the stable, as well as JWilliams. I don’t think there’s a need to take another 18yo ruck.
I think the list team might have got the message. Barnett named at CHB this week.

1723796992164.png

I will be watching Hamish Davis on the HFF closely.

We’ve got Barnett, Livingstone and Archer in the stable, as well as JWilliams. I don’t think there’s a need to take another 18yo ruck.
More than happy to take a ruck as long as the kids projected to be a proper ruck. Three of those blokes are pinch hitters and the only proper ruckmen on that list shouldn’t even be on a list

More than happy to take a ruck as long as the kids projected to be a proper ruck. Three of those blokes are pinch hitters and the only proper ruckmen on that list shouldn’t even be on a list
Agree with this part but who is our #1 ruck in 4 years when we should be a least knocking on the door of the 8? Not the bloke we pick in the draft this year.

Would rather go for a Knobel/Reidy type that already have a couple of years under their belt, then we only need one of Archer, JWill, Coen to come on as a forward that pinch hits in the ruck with the others to provide depth. For example and exchange of Knobel (or Reidy) and Ryan with pick swaps in our favour would be hugely beneficial to both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lombard is good enough for Pick 3, then we do it.

We cannot be concerned about the Sun's feelings or ruin our relationship because of it. He suits our needs, and we do what is best for our club.

It's not a dick move, and everyone will have their suck of the lollipop. It will swing in roundabouts in some form.

**I am still on the Draper bandwagon though.

you know who could use Tom barass? Sydney. Just need to talk him into Sydney over Melbourne. A couple of second round rounders and Tom barass for Chad Warner.

Champion's slightly taller than Kysaiah Pickett(by 1cm) and probably still growing.

Pickett goes alright.
Champion was listed as 176cm in this years champs team sheets.

Picketts a tank on wheels but and he makes up for his lack of height by his physicality.

Picketts weight in Draft year​

KYSAIAH PICKETT​

POS: Forward
Ht 171cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 2/6/01
From Woodville West Torrens/South Australia

Oh - welcome back. I had assumed you had relocated to the Richmond board.
I visited there once in 2017. Scared me for a year.

Think they’ll manage their rebuild in relatively short order.
Genuine question - when are the draft rules for 2025 going to be made public?
Honestly don’t believe AFL house has any fricken idea at this stage. Pretty sure they’re still working on them.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get a full list until the week before the finals next year.

p.s. just been lurking. Have a fair bit on my plate at home.

I do not support "Always take best available". That is fine in the NFL
Teams do NOT take best available talent in the NFL draft. Even in the top 5 picks, teams draft for positions of need. This year’s NFL draft was bonkers, with teams drafting consensus second round talents in the top 10 picks, because there was a run on quarterbacks. Then there were top 15 rated kids lasting to the mid second round, because they were cornerbacks.

where it you can find plug in players in the 4th round and players move all over the country. It is also fine if you are Collingwood and Richmond etc who can cherry pick on the boys going back to Melbourne from interstate clubs and 10 clubs in the local market where you can move clubs but not need to move home. It is a damn lot harder convincing players to relocate to Perth.

We are likely to get Champion this year plus Wes Walley and Koby Evans next year as NGA.

Where the cupboard has been bare is the midfield and with Ginbey looking more HBF, Chesser more WAFL and Hewett's foot is an unknown, we need to prioritise 2 midfielders in the first 3 picks this year (assuming Tom is off).

Am I missing something with Houston?

Fantastic kick of the footy and an AA selection, buy in what world is he worth more than a mid first rounder at best?
Inflation mostly. I think you'll find your answer in the ABS's latest WPI quarterly.

Specifically in series XH497XB, 'Solidly best-22, Tasmania adjusted, can kick' release.

^ one for the Excel, what is my life, is 32 too old to become a yoga instructor digital nomad bois

Tigers board seems to think we’re heavily into Jacob Blight who only signed a 6 month contract and has been performing very well in the VFL.

I don’t mind it.
Be pretty harsh from Blight. They gave him a chance and only 6 months later to pack his bags. (Yes others probably would’ve picked him up in that MSD but still)

Inflation mostly. I think you'll find your answer in the ABS's latest WPI quarterly.

Specifically in series XH497XB, 'Solidly best-22, Tasmania adjusted, can kick' release.

^ one for the Excel, what is my life, is 32 too old to become a yoga instructor digital nomad bois
Depends how good your arse looks in scrunch-bum yoga pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back