List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
seen a lot of talk about knobel, but has there been any talk on him actually wanting out ?
He must obviously know he's way down the pecking order.

we should def throw some $ at him.

We should have plenty of salary cap space coming up with the predicted retirements, would like to see us pursue some salary dump trades as a way of accumulating more draft picks.
Prefer to trade players out with salary dump for higher picks and not trade in average players from bottom teams.

A big NO for Graham or Baker or anyone similar.

I also want the club to lobby hard the AFL for priority picks or pick (mid rang). Show some fortitude WCE!

A decade of bottom 3 finishes looming.

Capital letters at the beginning of sentences and for proper nouns, cob. Own your stupidity.
LOL. Nice deflection bud.
Maybe stick to grammar and not list management, it can be a bit much to grasp for some ;)

I am at the point of the season where I am keen to watch some highlights of the new crop of players in this years draft. Is there a way to find all of these that have been posted in this thread, without going back and searching for them all individually?

I am at the point of the season where I am keen to watch some highlights of the new crop of players in this years draft. Is there a way to find all of these that have been posted in this thread, without going back and searching for them all individually?

This is the channel that all the highlights from noobermensch posts

This is the channel that all the highlights from noobermensch posts
You make it sound as though its not my channel ;)

Geez, Murphy Reid with 39 disposals and rumour of doesn't want to leave Vic.

Reckon the Saints a few picks behind us would dearly love him, they need real talent on their list.
Yeah they will be lining him up for sure. It’s a pitty about the rumours he’s such a good talent.

Probably not. I'm not even sold on him. But if he plays half the season in the WAFL and plays when we need a bigger body...

We need to be realistic where we are. Cheap, available AFL ready bodies that we can use on occasion to protect our kids are required.

I get what you're saying, but there are plenty of 'AFL ready' bodies in the state leagues that can be picked up for virtually nothing to achieve this. We don't need to go and trade/FA for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another strong VFL showing from Tobie Travaglia to follow up his solid debut last week. He appeared more confident this week, running off his man more proactively to get involved in transition ball movement and zoning off his man to fill gaps defensively and intercept the ball coming into D50. The only slight negative is the few times he turned the footy over in dangerous areas, perhaps rushed by the greater pace and intensity than he's used to.

Assuming the reports are correct, all these links to Richmond players are bullshit. Clarke needs to be told to step aside with any potential dealings with Richmond players, it’s not objective.

Been very unimpressed with his performance so far other than having the nuts to hold Barrass to his existing contract. If we get bent over by Hawthorn that too will be for nothing.

Maybe wait for the outcome before getting too unhappy with Clarke.

And remember Clarke alone does not decide. He has an opinion but others will be reviewing the options put up. He isn't making 100% of any decisions.

Im going to the doctors to get a blood test because I think that suggestion may have given me AIDS

Really?

anchorman ron burgandy GIF

Last edited:
Their F1 is going to be pick 15-20, their biggest weakness as outlined by Mitchell is their lack of a big key backman
Yeah I guess that’s all in the future no one really knows but get your point. 👍🏻.

Wouldn’t mind a couple of sweetners in there, we need picks as much as anything. One or two of the tigers/suns 3rd rounders would be nice.

Our list is too unbalanced... Too many good forwards.... and garbage backs(who don't actually know how to compete in the air and punch the ball away)... And garbage mids... By that I mean either can't find the ball...or don't know what to do with once they do.

As much as I don't want to... Id probably keep Barrass as he can actually compete in his position.

And trade a couple of the forwards... let's face it... I doubt they'll be here for our next premiership either....

Recruit ball magnets galore... However and whomever... We just need to keep the ball. Give everyone time to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back