List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our list is too unbalanced... Too many good forwards.... and garbage backs(who don't actually know how to compete in the air and punch the ball away)... And garbage mids... By that I mean either can't find the ball...or don't know what to do with once they do.

As much as I don't want to... Id probably keep Barrass as he can actually compete in his position.

And trade a couple of the forwards... let's face it... I doubt they'll be here for our next premiership either....

Recruit ball magnets galore... However and whomever... We just need to keep the ball. Give everyone time to breathe.
hedwards gobbled up almost everything yesterday and is clearly an ascending player. trading barass, makes almost too much sense.

whilst we need to add to out run off the HBF, its clear that we need as much quality through the middle as possible. and were in dire need to a better ruck.

3 and 5 would be juicy.

Snl Gossiping GIF by Saturday Night Live

Meat Steak GIF by Beef. It's What's For Dinner.

Another strong VFL showing from Tobie Travaglia to follow up his solid debut last week. He appeared more confident this week, running off his man more proactively to get involved in transition ball movement and zoning off his man to fill gaps defensively and intercept the ball coming into D50. The only slight negative is the few times he turned the footy over in dangerous areas, perhaps rushed by the greater pace and intensity than he's used to.

Reminds me a lot of Will Day. Would love to add him with our TB pick but feel like he might go earlier. Need to get in the 6-10 range.

In what way are we not ahead of St Kilda? St Kilda on the ass end of the ladder too. If we have reached a point where St Kilda is a better destination club then ours, we are simply not doing enough to win people over. It strikes me almost as a cultural issue that we would be seen as worse then St Kilda as a club

No chance GWS would refuse what Peatling wants over a 2 spot trade difference so thats a non issue

We should still be a destination club for what we can offer people off field and lifestyle wise. If Peatlings girlfriend wants a job in the mines scratching her rear end then sort it out for her. We need to get aggressive and stop pretending we cant do more
Head to head we beat the pants of St Kilda as a preferred club. Sadly when taking into account living in Melbourne or Perth it becomes more difficult. For many who have agency on where they will end up this will be the deciding factor.

I get what you're saying, but there are plenty of 'AFL ready' bodies in the state leagues that can be picked up for virtually nothing to achieve this. We don't need to go and trade/FA for one.

Literally just rookie any of these blokes

They are all highly likely to be incredibly shit AFL midfielders. It's the position that is hardest to transfer successfully for from state league to AFL level as a mature ager. None of them could contribute to the level required next year that a Graham could.

We apparently had somebody on Cripps in the first half, then sent Trew to do the job later on. None of our mids are capable of being defensive.

Brisbane would have sent Berry or Dunkley to Cripps, Sydney would have sent Rowbottom, Port have Drew, etc

I do think we are sort of on the path to something like Ports midfield. 3 attacking mids, 1 extractor and 1 defensive guy.
Trew is an extractor, Reid/Yeo/Kelly/Hewett are all attacking mids.

We dont have balance in there.
I’m surprised Yeo couldn’t play that role bearing in mind he used to play in defence, although in saying that do prefer him in the attacking role for the moment anyway which is where we do miss Redden as we’ve never replaced him with like for like.

It was his second game, his first game back was his career best by a mile against Brisbane (21 touches). Gave us some hope for sure.

If we’re quoting stats, he’s had 65 touches in five actual games under Schofield (threw out the Freo game entirely for obvious reasons). 13 turnovers. 13/65=0.2

So one in five of Zane Trew’s touches goes the other way, on an average of 13 touches per completed game.

I’m nervous when he has the footy. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s some crazy hill to die on. Hope he has 30 and 3 votes next week, gets another year, then becomes the second coming of Jetta by foot next year to prove me wrong.
shouldn't that be 20.0

In a draft lauded for its depth we gonna take pick 3, 5 and then 59... Its absurd

We need quantity and quality, not all our eggs in one basket which is what pick 5 instead of 3 picks inside the top 30 would be

We need pick 3,11,20 and 23. Not 3 amd 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good yesterday, clean and good use. As always tough as nails too.
Tom Gross would likely be there with our R2 pick. Allows us to go for non mids in TT or Berry option with the Hawks R1 and a KPD with the Pies R2 (assuming that is what we get for Tom

Gross plus 1 of Draper Lalor or Smith along with Harley is a fair way to restocking the midfield

Literally just rookie any of these blokes

That's not how it works. We did it with Greg Clark, Connor West, hell Zane Trew puts up figures as good as any of them in the WAFL, as does Hamish Brayshaw. There's a difference between the WAFL and AFL ready. People might think Graham looks a bit average at AFL level but he would do better than any of these bodies.

In a draft lauded for its depth we gonna take pick 3, 5 and then 59... Its absurd

We need quantity and quality, not all our eggs in one basket which is what pick 5 instead of 3 picks inside the top 30 would be

We need pick 3,11,20 and 23. Not 3 amd 5

We could just do that deal and then split pick 5?

Not sure if this is from anyone on here but I don’t hate it.

Assuming 23 is going to Hawks this isn't a mile off. Might need some later picks added to send some points to GC as that would be overs for Rioli unless Hawks stall next year.

Assuming 23 is going to Hawks this isn't a mile off. Might need some later picks added to send some points to GC as that would be overs for Rioli unless Hawks stall next year.

A later tweet has 23 going to GC which I think is reasonable. Hawks are getting Barrass for two mid-late firsts, they don’t need a sweetener.

We could just do that deal and then split pick 5?
Yep support that 100%. If we can spllit pick 5 with Freos 1st rounders and add that to the trade it would work

10,17 and future 2nd ronder for pick 5 + crumbs would work for example and then future 2nd to a club like Gold Coast/Richmond for a pick inside 30

After that we do need to find a pick in the 40-50 range for Malako Champion protection also

Re Graham, I would love to hear someone explain in 25 words or less how recruiting a mature age midfielder who isn't good enough to hold his spot in the only side in the competition that is clearly worse than West Coast is a good move.
He's missed games due to injury? Don't think he's been straight up dropped for no reason this year?

Maybe wait for the outcome before getting too unhappy with Clarke.

And remember Clarke alone does not decide. He has an opinion but others will be reviewing the options put up. He isn't making 100% of any decisions.
Won’t pass judgement until the draft and trade period has finished but fair to say our proposed intentions to date have been underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back