List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally wouldn't be happy to lose 3 to downgrade to 5. The mids I would personally want are then all gone and the most talented one or other left either doesn't want to leave Melbourne or has shown very little this year.

Lalor is coming from quite a long way back fitness wise but if he finishes the year off strongly I could very well see him being GC pick 3 in that scenario.

Also Richmond aren't going to accept not getting anything less than 13 & 20 for Rioli.

Under allowing GC to trade up I could very well see the draft going

1. Smith
2. Smillie (huge point of difference for North)
3. Lalor (no go home issues and their inside looks set as it'll likely take 4 years before he goes from a HF position to mid)
4. Draper (I can't see Adelaide drafting anyone else)

Murphy Reid who I have top 4 on talent is the second biggest flight risk in the draft after Hotton. I mean he's an easy pick at 5 on talent but it's a big risk. FOS as I've stated before I see as a HB at AFL level. However with his athletic profile it will only take 1 or 2 games for him to be right back at the top of the pile. If he doesn't even have 1 very good game before the end of the year it screams warning signs to me.

Travaglia is doing well against men and may well be best available discounting those players but I'm not happy spending a top 5 pick on him. Bo Allan to me has some great attributes and the exact ones I like for a winger but if he moves to HB at the next level does he have the kicking skills is my question. He's a good kick but not elite, fast, great overhead and I may be biased here but I don't see him making it inside.

Where as if we had 3 and 5 and selected Draper at 3 I think Adelaide goes pure mid and looks at the upside and drafts FOS leaving the highest rated Mid/Forward to us.
I want us to keep three for the following reason.

I have heard that tigers aren't that into jaggar, and have 2 preferred candidates for pick 1. Don't know who those 2 are, but I do wonder after seeing Murphy reid collecting 42 touches on the weekend, whether he has moved up their draft board.

And then your right, north might take Smillie but I wouldn't be surprised if they take Trainor.

Either way, if we keep pick 3 that leaves us with choice of Jagar, FOS, and 'the Sid'.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

id even take a f3 or something small to move back in that situation. Anything at all tbh, whatever we can squeeze out but id 100% do the trade
I wouldn’t accept their F3, I’d ask for their 2R tied to Dees (currently 27). Would give us 4,5,12,27,58.

Last year Essendon paid Geelong pick 32 to go from 11 to 10. 27 for 4 to 3 is even less based on this precedent.

Just saw on the fb WCE page some comments from people stating that Barrass doesn’t want to leave, any word on this?
Yeah. Don't rely on Facebook.

One that may not be getting much traction but I know clubs are interested in is Connor Evans.
Kid is very dependable as a mid-sized defender. Very good interceptor for his height, usually piercing and accurate kick.
Just needs to get more of the pill averaging 13 disposals a game at Talent League. Also was injured going into the Champs so unable to have a run for Country despite being in the Squad. But the kid is class when he is involved.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets picked up late (or as a rookie).
connor-evans-1-jpg.2085838
connor-evans-2-jpg.2085839

connor-evans-5-jpg.2085843
connor-evans-6-jpg.2085844

connor-evans-3-jpg.2085841
connor-evans-4-jpg.2085842

connor-evans-7-jpg.2085853
connor-evans-10-jpg.2085854

connor-evans-8-jpg.2085856
There’s Andrew Gaff vibes here but I can’t pin point what it is exactly

I wouldn’t accept their F3, I’d ask for their 2R tied to Dees (currently 27). Would give us 4,5,12,27,58.

Last year Essendon paid Geelong pick 32 to go from 11 to 10. 27 for 4 to 3 is even less based on this precedent.
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for their r2
Id ask for more and I think theyd give more, but if it was a case of take Draper or FOS/Lalor + F3 I think id cave.
If it was any later pick this year thatd be good, deep draft so there will be someone worth grabbing

Cats got 29 from memory for them to move back 1 spot last year.

I’d still take Draper. Perfect fit
I'm on fos or lalor, either way we get one and can't lose. we really should dig our heels in and get something from Adelaide then threaten to bid on lombard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Harley wearing his number at training? Can only see the 7 in the photos and not if it’s 27 or 37.

He was wearing 37

A lot of players weren’t in n their regular number today

Are you guys set for key defenders at this stage?

----

Another prolific performance from a Dragons player on the weekend, this time Luke Trainor who found a stack of the footy rebounding out of defense and using his elite running power to get involved in possession chains through the middle of the ground. His disposal was a little mixed at times, but his overhead marking was strong throughout which should help to quell some of the concerns about that part of his game.

Do want, keep his vids coming.

If we aren't more desperate then crows are for draper then we are doing it wrong
Was there something about the crows being desperate for draper in the media?
Because I know ppl on here get a bit fed up with the eagles pretty much only being linked to west Aussies by the media

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because I know ppl on here get a bit fed up with the eagles pretty much only being linked to west Aussies by the media

No there’s not. I’ve actually heard the opposite.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate.

One that may not be getting much traction but I know clubs are interested in is Connor Evans.
Kid is very dependable as a mid-sized defender. Very good interceptor for his height, usually piercing and accurate kick.
Just needs to get more of the pill averaging 13 disposals a game at Talent League. Also was injured going into the Champs so unable to have a run for Country despite being in the Squad. But the kid is class when he is involved.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets picked up late (or as a rookie).
connor-evans-1-jpg.2085838
connor-evans-2-jpg.2085839

connor-evans-5-jpg.2085843
connor-evans-6-jpg.2085844

connor-evans-3-jpg.2085841
connor-evans-4-jpg.2085842

connor-evans-7-jpg.2085853
connor-evans-10-jpg.2085854

connor-evans-8-jpg.2085856
Worth it just for the "in the wings" jokes. Absolutely nuts.

Few reports starting to come through.

He was linked in todays article but more they just need a mid at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back