List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Owies wasn't going to be delisted he was just asking for too much money apparently he was asking 800k

I don't think a player who kicked 33 goals as a small forward would ever be delisted ?

Wildly untrue.

100% would not have been delisted. He tested the market looking for a better deal and got it. If there were no takers, he would have bit the bullet and signed whatever we put in front of him.

I don't think so. Freo will have to give up a lot for Bolton. I think both pick 10,11 will be needed for Bolton and I reckon Eagles giving pick 14 for Baker part of the deal is to be firm on taking Freos pick 10 and 11.

No other club will take Allen before pick 12.
Don't want him anyway, just another HBF. Seriously, if he's our target then are recruiters are cooked.

As much as everyone's melting but I hate trade period so glad it's over.

I reckon Bo Allen is the player we are after at pick 12.
WA Midfielder and looks a gun.
Maybe it will work out if we obtain Chad Warner next season.

We will have a midfield of Warner, Reid, Kelly, Hewitt, Allen, Chesser, Baker, Yeo

Didn't mention Ginbey because he was so good playing defence this season it's hard to tell if he will be a Midfielder or great Half back Defender.

Except Freo have two picks ahead of

What an absolute disaster. I don't see how this trade can be rationalised. There must be some serious mental gymnastics to try to justify this trade.

Compare it to 2022 when we traded pick 3 for pick 8 & 12 (pushed back to pick 4 for pick 9 and 14 on draft night). I still don't think that trade extracted great value, but I think we can reasonably say that it was an OK trade.

If we accept that moving back from 3-12 is not too large because it's an even draft and picks in the middle of the first round hold more value, then that premium value needs to be applied to pick 14 before on-trading it for Liam Baker. I just cannot fathom the thinking here.

It's like we're trying to trade a red paperclip incrementally up to a house, but in reverse. We give up a bit of value in each step (or potentially a lot of value) to end up folding the club!!!

Owies wasn't going to be delisted he was just asking for too much money apparently he was asking 800k

I don't think a player who kicked 33 goals as a small forward would ever be delisted ?
The word was Carlton weren't going to offer him a contract.

"The small forward is not being offered a deal by Michael Voss’s side because of the surplus of small forwards at Carlton in Jesse Motlop, Corey Durdin and Orazio Fantasia as well as the move of defender Zac Williams into attack."

I don't think so. Freo will have to give up a lot for Bolton. I think both pick 10,11 will be needed for Bolton and I reckon Eagles giving pick 14 for Baker part of the deal is for Richmond to be firm on Freo pick 10 and 11. Bolton is a gun and should demand that.

No other club will take Allen before pick 12.
Freo are said to be into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we are trying to rebuild on the go, **** it, lets trade 12 for Clayton Oliver.

Barrass for future picks and get Warner next year

The money was refuted by his manager.
An ITK, who was on this trade prior to its announcement, suggested he could potentially be on more than that in the first 2 years of his contract, less in yr 3, with maybe a 4th yr trigger.

I'd be shocked if he was on more than $800k tbh. Even at that seems crazy, but perhaps its front loaded and yr 3 is cheap so it averages out to a palateable overall per yr average? Not sure of your cap or anything so don't know how realistic that is.

Truly awful. Someone with a brain tell me how this affects a Champion bid please.

Torpedo’d ourselves here, by the looks.

If there’s a bid basically at any stage now in the live draft we won’t be able to match without going into points deficit. This is the kicker for me that we’ve gone full ******. I feel physically sick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo are said to be into him.
Couldn't care less if they are interested. They are badly interested in Bolton and Richmond want pick 10&11 for him. They might even want more then that.

You don't get gun players for free. Freo will have no choice but to give up there top draft picks. And we would of said to Richmond Allen is ours at pick 12 so they won't touch him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back