Review Dees v Carrrrrrlton: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashamed of how we played/were coached this finals series. What else can you say.

• If Tmac had a shred of integrity he'd retire tonight.
  • Trade Salem to whoever will take him.

Blow it up, no way we get close next year, we'll have close to the worst depth in the league.
I'm going to need someone to explain to me how Salem is the problem tonight. This board absolutely loves finding a theme and running with it. I would have dropped him for Hibberd, he wasn't spectacular, but he was our best HB by a mile tonight. Rivers and especially Bowey totally not in it.

The watchability of the team is now ****ed too. I turned this off at HT, not going to waste time stressing myself out over this junk. Pies last year were stressful in a good way because they had awesome comebacks, we are stressful because we make goals so incredibly difficult and you just know the oppo will find it way easier.

Serious q: why the hell wasnā€™t Weitering put into the concussion protocol? Dude could barely stand

Who knows. Doubt the league will penalise them like they did with Port either.

Also flummoxed to why Cripps wasn't repeatedly sent off under the blood rule. His nose was dribbling all night. It was still dripping during his post-game interview. Fix your snoz!

I'm going to need someone to explain to me how Salem is the problem tonight. This board absolutely loves finding a theme and running with it. I would have dropped him for Hibberd, he wasn't spectacular, but he was our best HB by a mile tonight. Rivers and especially Bowey totally not in it.

You cannot be serious

Looking forward to a more functional forward line in 2024

Smith VanRooyen Fritsch
Pickett Petty Spargo

With Neal- Bullen, Chandler, McAdam? Jefferson? part of rotationā€¦.

Donā€™t underestimate impact Petty can have as a key forward who meets ball at its highest point and will generally bring ball to ground at his feet. Backed up by JVR who contests in the air and follows up ground balls. And theyā€™re both reliable set shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just glad i donā€™t have to watch that absolute pus next week. As long as we donā€™t have a genuine key forward we will never be near winning anything. hereā€™s to another 57 lads

Couldnt handle the pressure again. Give me all the crap injury, expected score rubbish excuses all you want but we couldn't handle the lights. Your captain misses one from 20m out then touches a ball on OUR goal line. Just a disaster

You cannot be serious
I just don't get it. Took some good marks, laid his share of tackles. I don't think he was great, I thought he was reasonable.

I began to reply to this but ran out of energy. Not AFL standard anymore.

Could handle the pressure again. Give me all the crap injury, expected score rubbish excuses all you want but we couldn't handle the lights. Your captain misses one from 20m out then touches a ball on OUR goal line. Just a disaster
Bang on. Bad kicking = bad football. There's no excuses here.

The watchability of the team is now ****ed too. I turned this off at HT, not going to waste time stressing myself out over this junk. Pies last year were stressful in a good way because they had awesome comebacks, we are stressful because we make goals so incredibly difficult and you just know the oppo will find it way easier.
Yeah we are a frustrating ugly side. If we don't change the gameplan next year I'm going to find it hard to keep interested every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get it. Took some good marks, laid his share of tackles. I don't think he was great, I thought he was reasonable.
Mate he's horrific. The only way you can think he was fine is if you base of the expectations you'd give a player like Jordan aka worked hard, couple tackles.

At no point in that game did he stand up

You know the best thing about all this? It's over for another year. No more irrational stress over a game, over a team. Weekends can just be a haven of calm and other nice things.

Exactly. Kicking myself for getting invested after being fully aware we were miles off the standard this year from the early rounds.

Donā€™t underestimate impact Petty can have as a key forward who meets ball at its highest point and will generally bring ball to ground at his feet.

Calm your farm on Petty.

He played one good game all year. Only kicked 1 goal against a top 8 side.

Joel Smith is as big a chance to be our saviour up forward.

Bang on. Bad kicking = bad football. There's no excuses here.
Yep
A bad field kick is considered bad footy but a bad set shot is considered 'bad luck'
Bullshit
Would be like saying we deserved to win but McVee and Viney got unlucky with their kicks and the expected pass rating said we would have moved the ball upfield.

Calm your farm on Petty.

He played one good game all year. Only kicked 1 goal against a top 8 side.

Joel Smith is as big a chance to be our saviour up forward.

Weā€™ll check back next yearā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we are a frustrating ugly side. If we don't change the gameplan next year I'm going to find it hard to keep interested every week.
Not a true fan. You should glue your eyelids open and watch replays of us missing set shots all summer to prove how much of a fan you are

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Carrrrrrlton: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back