Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

As my friend who barely follows football said to me in the last quarter after the Hipwood cannon handball and the Cameron dropped mark.

'They really tried to hand you the game and you still weren't good enough to take it'

One lucky quarter masked another embarassing game. Oliver and Viney just got it hacked it forward everytime. Won it contested but didn't create anything just luck did. Talls were crap again forward, saved by Pickett. Kids are playing one style of footy, senior blokes playing another. Windsors had all the confidence smashed out of him, doesn't carry the ball now looks for a kick immediately and is turning it over alot. Get him off the wing.

We were insanely lucky not to concede over a 100 again. I'm so happy we lost.

I for one am optimistic. Thought we'd be dead set belted. Instead, and in the context of all the reports/opinions that our golden era's finally over, it was shown that we can still play very good football (that, I'd argue, was even probably some of the best football we've played the whole year and the sort that proved we still have the ability to be contest/clearance dominant a la the last few years). We can still win the flag this year 🙂

I for one am optimistic. Thought we'd be dead set belted. Instead, and in the context of all the reports/opinions that our golden era's finally over, it was shown that we can still play very good football (that, I'd argue, was even probably some of the best football we've played the whole year and the sort that proved we still have the ability to be contest/clearance dominant a la the last few years). We can still win the flag this year 🙂
3 goals in 3 quarters isn't flag form 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing it's only June then 😉
Have you watched the rest of the season or even the last 3 years? We get worse not better. Tracs done, Olivers shit and none of our key forwards are in form we're more likely to miss the 8 than finish top 4

Have you watched the rest of the season or even the last 3 years? We get worse not better. Tracs done, Olivers shit and none of our key forwards are in form we're more likely to miss the 8 than finish top 4
I agree that we're more likely to miss the 8 than finish top 4 but I now think it's more likely we make the 8 than miss the 8. And after that.. you never know.

I know we can get worse rather than better on the home and away home straight but I think it's a strange set of circumstances where we've tried something different for the first half of the year.. jagged some wins but started falling apart... gone "**** it" let's go back a bit more to our "DNA" so to speak.. and in no time at all shown that we still have the ability to do what we've done well in the past, and against one of the form teams in the comp at their home fortress no less. If we can get some momentum and end up making the finals on the back of it then who knows.

Obviously we've got our work cut out for us but I just mean that, for me, it's a funny case where after last week's win I was all "yeah, that's us done for 2024" but after tonight's loss I'm like "you never know" 👌

I agree that we're more likely to miss the 8 than finish top 4 but I now think it's more likely we make the 8 than miss the 8. And after that.. you never know.

I know we can get worse rather than better on the home and away home straight but I think it's a strange set of circumstances where we've tried something different for the first half of the year.. jagged some wins but started falling apart... gone "**** it" let's go back a bit more to our "DNA" so to speak.. and in no time at all shown that we still have the ability to do what we've done well in the past, and against one of the form teams in the comp at their home fortress no less. If we can get some momentum and end up making the finals on the back of it then who knows.

Obviously we've got our work cut out for us but I just mean that, for me, it's a funny case where after last week's win I was all "yeah, that's us done for 2024" but after tonight's loss I'm like "you never know" 👌
I'm more of the mind we had one flukey quarter of bash ball and in reality kicked 3 goals in 3 quarters, and were goalless for 2 last quarters in a row. We are horrific right now and were lucky to be even close to the lions. Can't just flip your opinion on one quarter, every team can play well for a quarter, reality is we've been mostly shit for most quarters

Sparrow is garbage. Can't believe people were talking him up as a future captain. You just don't notice the bloke out there. I can't remember him doing anything more than a couple of significant things in his whole career so far.
look i'm not Pro Sparrow bashing,
Good move Goody, lets persist with Spaz, but definitely not give a "Diamond in the rough" Mid Like JJ a proper Run. FFS
Cant wait to see him on the dais at the end of september.

The performances of Tholstup, AMW and Woewodin were encouraging. The disappearance of JVR and Disco from the game had more to do with the midfield than the forward line. Viney aside, the midfield was not good.
Disco and JVR looked dangerous when given quick delivery and some space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back