Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly and a Happy Norf to you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was a terrible game.
Shit finish, shit decision to make Brown sub on debut and use him for 5 minutes. Dismal efforts from Oliver and Fritta, Petty tried a bit harder but is still plodding about. Need to see some big changes but doubt it happens.

Some younger blokes looked alright but overall just left feeling shitty after that.

NO HARVEST SNAPS MASCOT RACE :madv1: :madv1: :madv1:

The quarter time ball rolling was highly controversial, the red ball contestant went physical and belted the yellow ball into his opponent before booting it away to the 50m arc. Rolled his in, no punishment. New strategy going forward :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

DEMON DASH the lady drew Salem and got a 10m headstart. Unfortunately, digital Salem is a lot faster than real life subbed out Salem and he won easily.

The crowd did not MAKE SOME NOISE but there was an insane amount of aggressive seagulls hunting chippies in the stands.

And that's this weeks #ATG report from your friendly reporter, Demon Attack.

Good: I feel completely removed from the team. Meaning I no longer get upset. I was taking a lot of joy in North almost beating us. Don't think I've ever actually hoped a team would get over the line against us before.

Bad: Oliver. Jeez he's been awful this season. Also very undisciplined. That contract is a noose around the clubs neck. Instead of getting around & supporting him they should make him move in with Joel Smith so he can really go off the rails & hopefully there's some clause in his contract that allows us to sack him without the payout.

Fugly: Goodwin, Pert & Roffey. The hubris of these three is off the charts. The fact we won a premiership under them is a nothing short of a miracle. Since Jackson left the board have made awful decision after awful decision. 1st one being signing Pert. Then re-signing Goody before the 2022 final series? Not one person thought that was a good idea. After all the talk the club still isnt any closer to finding a home base. Club won't sack Goodwin while the other two are pulling the strings.

Last edited:
Good:
Tholstrup and Roo (when allowed on the ground), Disco (our multiple goal scorer). May. Rivers!

Bad:

Petty, Oliver, Bowey, Howes, Fritsch

Ugly:
Petty, Oliver, Umpire with #1 on his back. The coaching group. Why pick Brown for a couple of minutes when you have a few total duds running around the ground.

I mentioned Petty and Oliver in both Bad and Ugly you say?
That is because they were ugly bad.

Not sure if there was a decision from Umpire #1 that I understood.

Last edited:
Good: I feel completely removed from the team. Meaning I no longer get upset. I was taking a lot of joy in North almost beating us. Don't think I've ever actually hoped a team would get over the line against us before.

Bad: Oliver. Jeez he's been awful this season. Also very undisciplined. That contract is a noose around the clubs neck. Instead of getting around & supporting him they should make him move in with Joel Smith so he can really go off the rails & hopefully there's some clause in his contract that allows us to sack him without the payout.

Fugly: Goodwin, Pert & Roffey. The hubris of these three is off the charts. The fact we won a premiership under them is a nothing short of a miracle. Since Jackson left the board have made awful decision after awful decision. 1st one being signing Pert. Then re-signing Goody before the 2022 final series? Not one person thought that was a good idea. After all the talk the club still isnt any closer to finding a home base. Club won't sack Goodwin while the other two are pulling the strings.
Yeah I can forgive a bloke having a shit game when they're being tagged but to get sucked in and give away a bunch of frees is unacceptable from a senior player.

Geez I could think of a few more embarrassing moments like this from Ginni, Watson and Daicos…
Might as well join the party
The late whistle makes the May one look worse I reckon. The fact he has to pretend for an awkward amount of time.

Cop the fine. Don't do it again. But hopefully it means the AFL start bringing this fine back more often.

I find the narrative about this incident bizarre.

May was done (by the second 360) and knew it….so when he went to ground, I reckon he just went “well stuff it I’ll just put my hand on my head and see if can con the ump”….it worked.

TBH it was actually pretty smart play.

No different to any player attempting to exaggerate of con an umpire.

If the AFL decide to go hard at this…then there should be heaps more coming.
We know there won’t be!!! Because…afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find the narrative about this incident bizarre.

May was done (by the second 360) and knew it….so when he went to ground, I reckon he just went “well stuff it I’ll just put my hand on my head and see if can con the ump”….it worked.

TBH it was actually pretty smart play.

No different to any player attempting to exaggerate of con an umpire.

If the AFL decide to go hard at this…then there should be heaps more coming.
We know there won’t be!!! Because…afl.
Agree. As far as staging goes it's extremely half-hearted.

I reckon it’s been there for about 18 months. Real elitist stink from some staff at our club.
the simpsons adult GIF

I reckon it’s been there for about 18 months. Real elitist stink from some staff at our club.

It’s like us plebs paying our hard-earned to support this club for decades have no right to notice that we’re playing like shit and have done nothing for 3 years.

We’re making it harder for Roffey and Co to get more prestigious board positions, ruining the lines on their CVs about heading up a high-performance organisation with strong brand visibility and DNA.

Good: Viney getting in touch with his inner mongrel again, Tholstrup energy and unselfishness, Kynan tackle, Rivers the mid, Kozzie dash through middle, turner straight kicking and a bit of mungrel bstrd in the scuffle. Mcdonalds goal. Mays interview after the game on channel 7.

Bad: Oliver not working through tag at all. May head throw, disposal and transition after first QTR. Umpiring for both sides was shocking and holding the ball new interpretation went out window for first 3 qtrs.

Ugly: 70m penalty??? Oliver undisciplined selfish acts. Getting smashed in every stay for the last 45min of the game, every other team would have overrun us and then some.

Unforgivable/unfathomable/unfair: Making a debutant a sub and then only giving them 5-10mins. Such short sighted decisions like this destroy a culture for years. I don't care if it cost us the game to start him, it just the right thing to do, not ready to do that? then don't debut him. It's right up there with dumping long time servants of the club too early. The stink sticks. Too short sighted to rest stars and reward dominant Casey players a couple of years ago. Abuses bedford as sub, then Jordan, then Woey and now this? If he was one of my managers I would sack him immediately.

After ranting about the negatives last night and now with a clear mind I thought I'd look for positives and it really is hard. Rivers was good, viney was much better 1st and 3rd quarters were satisfactory. Besides that it's much the same. Our best players are the same players each week everyone else continues to walk the mediocre path. Petty was better but it's a low bar.

I lurked at the noth board a noticed a comment saying north will pass melbourne in 12-18 months. I would argue they already have. They were actually pretty exciting to watch last night in the last quarter. They moved the ball really well and their goals came because they had space to work with. There's a reason why they were so accurate because they made it easy for themselves with quick ball movement.

I think the players and club staff more broadly would be seeing all of the negative feedback on social media, here, Reddit etc and they're getting a bit defensive about it.
Yeah there's definitely a defensive tone coming from the club which is pretty pathetic considering where we're at.

Criticisms are being completely vindicated.

Gonna be a while before the club gets it's head out of the sand I feel.

If you want to know another reason for our poor team performance in one simple stat then

Marks

Sparrow 1
Chandler 1
Bowey 1
Windsor 0
Fritsch 0
Oliver 0

That is one poor overhead team. Height is a problem for two of them, failing to present as a target is the team problem.

To say at least one thing positive about the game Rivers in the midfield was great to see and his goal was sublime. Reminded me of Vince back in the day.

It's crazy not a single person called for him to play in the midfield before this game :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly and a Happy Norf to you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back