Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I love Luke Jackson If we win another flag and he wants to leave I’d happily shake hands. The trade / draft pick return and salary cap relief could keep us in contention longer. If we don’t win the flag bad luck Luke you’re staying

Petty had a shocker, for whatever reason you could almost attribute 4 goals to his name. Need an extra week to recover - happy to see him dropped for tomlinson for the journey west.

Why in the **** would you drop someone as good as Petty because of 1 bad game. Thats a ridiculous way to pick a side.

How are the symptoms?
Not too bad thankfully. I had a cold/flu/bug about six weeks ago that knocked me around worse than Covid. Been overseas the past few weeks and tested positive the day I got home so I've been rolling around the house feeling sorry for myself and eating everything in sight while my partner's moved out for the week.

Just remembered I saw neitz yesterday, he walked past me and I gave him a g'day neita, he said hi, didn't really look at me but that okay, probably gets tired of stopping for everyone.

Anyway I was watching the replay and the second quarter we seem to kick arsey goals. Reminded me of Richmond at their peak, it's good being on the good end of those goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Petty have a shocker? Some of his ball use was average but watching at the ground his intercepting and coverage were great. Super impressed at how comfortable he’s looked coming back from two set backs this year.

Did Petty have a shocker? Some of his ball use was average but watching at the ground his intercepting and coverage were great. Super impressed at how comfortable he’s looked coming back from two set backs this year.
I thought he had an equal amount of good and bad moments. Gave away way too many frees but loved his agression. Ending the game by crunching Zak Jones was delightful.

dropped a shit tone of marks, like the confidence to go for the intercept but if youre going to do that you better hold marks far more than he did yesterday. Couple of times it was clear he should have just played the %'s and spoiled

Yeah I didn't think Petty was bad at all. Outside the free kicks he looked fu**loads better than Smith or Tommo still.
you'd have been having a hissy fit if that was Smith dropping marks and giving away frees yesterday. :tearsofjoy:

Someone can be a good player and have a bad game, its fine to say it. Doesn't mean they cant play. Petty had a shocker , I still love him dearly, plenty of points in the bank.

Lever is far more concerning, nowhere near it all year. Really would like to see him rested, then come back through the VFL for 2 weeks to gain some touch. We can afford to play the long game on him.

you'd have been having a hissy fit if that was Smith dropping marks and giving away frees yesterday. :tearsofjoy:

Someone can be a good player and have a bad game, its fine to say it. Doesn't mean they cant play. Petty had a shocker , I still love him dearly, plenty of points in the bank.

Lever is far more concerning, nowhere near it all year. Really would like to see him rested, then come back through the VFL for 2 weeks to gain some touch. We can afford to play the long game on him.
Yeah but it's not. That's an off day for Petty which is a regular smith game.
Petty's a gun not gonna kick him for one bad game.

Lever is way off

What’s the back story on the hatred for Jones by demon faithful?

Would think his brother would buy him a small amount of leeway.
No idea myself , think the booing was part trying to whack Oliver in the head , part for Oliver taking a dive (Saints fans ) and the cheer was for Jones copping it after carrying on . Personally don't hate him , mostly indifferent .

Yeah but it's not. That's an off day for Petty which is a regular smith game.
Petty's a gun not gonna kick him for one bad game.

Lever is way off

My point was in the previous post you said you didnt think Petty was bad at all, which he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back