Review Dees v the Ancient Enemy (Collingwood) - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly RD 11 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how some could put tom mcdonald in bad/ugly. Kid tries his heart out. Our team is a byproduct of how they are trained, taught and developed.

I don't think anyone was criticising McDonald, or any of our players today, for lack of effort. Some of his defending wasn't great, though he was playing on Pendlebury while he was forward which doesn't seem a great matchup in terms of speed/agility for Tom. Also his disposal was very poor (though not alone there).

Not sure how some could put tom mcdonald in bad/ugly. Kid tries his heart out. Our team is a byproduct of how they are trained, taught and developed.

With nearly half of them still unable to get the way they were developed under the previous coach out of their system. Agree about Tom Mac , a lot to work on but a lot to work with .

So glad i'm not the only one who thought the umpiring was insanely one sided all day... First quater was good but i think there were so many frees that either weren't paid or paid the wrong way, dunno if it would have made a difference in the end but can't have hurt... Watts was good, jones again x2 fitzy was good (what i saw of him) blease, dawes while he was on. A lot to look forward too, a lot to be concerned about too though

Can I just ask, I know times are tough but how the f**k does Lynden Dunn still get an AFL game?
Want to know something even funnier? Mo Dunn is probably on a 250 - 280 thousand a year contract. That my good friend is about 20 thousand bucks a game. Yeah mate...it's called the gravy train. This bloke can't hit the side of a barn from 20 metres.A spud of the highest order. A prized Pontiac spud.!

Dunn is not a backman. Remember when he used to slot goals from 55 out?

He was usually good for one of those a game. Though Dunn, like many of our players, has been moved around so much in his career that he hasn't ever been able to settle and properly develop in one position. Not making excuses for him, he hasn't performed consistently over his career, but it hasn't helped him.

Dunn is a stereo-typical Bailey era footballer who plays ok when it's on his own terms but can't handle having to play in a style outside his comfort zone.
We still have too many of this type and is one of the reasons this club will not move forward, no matter who is coaching. The sooner we get rid of these underperforming prima donnas the closer we are to turning this around.

We're the worst team in the comp by an absolute mile. Remember that GWS have at least pushed Geelong and Essendon for 3 quarters. We are just never in the game, and at a professional level that is an absolute disgrace. Can't think of a bigger indictment on a sporting organisation.

Average losing margin so far this season 77 points. Total average losing margin under Neeld a tick over 10 goals. Unbelievable stats

Another fugly;

Was it just me or did every 50/50 umpiring decision seem to go Collingwood's way?

Be it us giving away a freekick or a Collingwood player not giving away one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another fugly;

Was it just me or did every 50/50 umpiring decision seem to go Collingwood's way?

Be it us giving away a freekick or a Collingwood player not giving away one...
Watts got murdered by the umps, counted 4 in the fwd50 where his arms were being held.

The Splendid:
BMYkrSeCMAAO0nP.jpg:large

All day.

I
Wait a minute... is that a second facial expression for Col? And are his eyes open?!

If you ask me....that's a free kick to Cloke ...all day.

I think some of us got carried away by Garland yesterday...he was far from our worst.....but some of his kicking skill errors were woeful. Giving away a 50 was undisciplined...and if Cloke had his kicking boots on, he would have kicked at least 8.

Garland was fair at best.

Good: Nathan Jones
Our efforts without the ball
Seeing Pies players going out of their way to shake Chris Dawes' hand after the match
Ron Barassi coming down my way!
Garland's effort on Cloke, despite giving away height and strength.
Bad: Our efforts with the ball
Another big loss
Lynden Dunn, didn't even realise he was out there.
Watts getting molested by H.Shaw and the umpires.
Not having Chippa and Grimey back there.
Another tall forward going down
Fugly: Collingwood supporters in general are fugly.
Nick Maxwell booting Jordie McKenzie in the face.
Pies supporters getting upset for me speaking the truth (that Nick Maxwell is a piece of shit).
Sexy: Paul Seedsman

Seedsman did give me a tingle in my giney, damn that man has silky skills would love to see him in the red and blue, didn't watch the end of the game (couldn't see straight by then and 7 mate switched to an extremely unmissable episode of Pimp My Ride) but i did notice Dawes getting a bit of niggle during the first.

Very good: how i felt at quarter time

Fugly : how i felt at half time

Very fugly: how i felt this morning

wowlace said: ↑

Dunn is the useless tool in he shed, I would rather Sellar. Staggering the nuffies at club give him 280k a year, he would be lucky to get 1k a week in local footy. He kept missing simple targets in the warm up, needs a kick in the VFl Magoos where the real muppets play. He would be realising that Neeld is talking about him as one of a few seniors Neeld has had a gutful of and so have the supporters. How about the decision to kick 20m on wing instead of handball. Muppets make those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back