Review Dees v the Dusty Tigers: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

JVR interview gives me full Bill & Ted vibes!

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

McVee forced Martin to high half forward, which would have been a game plan thing as he's not comfortable that high up anymore aside from the odd centre bounce. His disposal count doesn't mean much, nor do his pot shots from 55. Martin had one of his better games for the year, but he wants to play 30 metres out and McVee didn't let him do that. Credit to the young kid.
So If Martins disposals mean nothing and his disposals mean nothing you're judging his game on what? There's no way Mcvee had a good this is just classic Melbourne board new kids can't play bad only the same guys certain posters don't like.

23 disposals and 4 shots on goal. Almost a game winner what the hell were you watching
If he was ‘almost’ the game winner then I assume he was your BOG. Probably need to get you on the channel 7 dusty fanboy commentary.

I am genuinely interested on you thoughts of where he dominated any part of the game.

If he was ‘almost’ the game winner then I assume he was your BOG. Probably need to get you on the channel 7 dusty fanboy commentary.

I am genuinely interested on you thoughts of where he dominated any part of the game.
Didn't say he dominated home boy just that Mcvee didn't quell him at all. Had shots at goal that could have turned the game for them that he kicks on another day.

Didn't say he dominated home boy just that Mcvee didn't quell him at all. Had shots at goal that could have turned the game for them that he kicks on another day.
Identifying someone as a potential game winner intrinsically links them with being the most important person on the field. He may well kick them on another day, but didn't and he had pressure on him at times which caused him to miss.

Would we rate Fritch or Kozzie so highly for a similar game? I doubt it.

Chandler however did have an impactful game.

Identifying someone as a potential game winner intrinsically links them with being the most important person on the field. He may well kick them on another day, but didn't and he had pressure on him at times which caused him to miss.

Would we rate Fritch or Kozzie so highly for a similar game? I doubt it.

Chandler however did have an impactful game.
There is where you're getting it wrong. Didn't say dusty was best on ground I said that Mcvee didn't have a great game on him. Two completely different things, the pressure wasn't from Mcvee so that's a null point. Mcvee was poor for other reasons aswell, someone else wanted to use Dusty's game as the example of him playing well. It's not true.

Dusty played well. His shots on goal he usually kicks. The guy is one of the goats and has produced on the big stage, that's real pressure. I don't think Dusty would've felt too much pressure playing in a round 6 game against Judd Mcvee. He just missed the shots on goal, straight up execution errors.

At the same time, I thought McVee still played well. Our whole defensive system was broken for most of the match with players getting lost, leaking out too early, standing on the wrong side of a stoppage etc. So at least McVee's defensive intentions were better than most other players.

Meh. I don’t even really give a s**t about the crap opinions. It’s the inability to let it go. To carry on like someone with ASD across threads.

I made a thread they disagreed with and I’m a flincher, pissweak and gutless. Then they claimed they were leaving the whingefest thread. Fine. Then I get strafed about it for an unrelated post in an unrelated thread pretty much a week later. Then, after tonight’s game a gif is posted back in the ‘whinge fest’ thread.

Basically it’s either ignore or retaliate/escalate and cop a ban.
I feel similar but certain posters just can’t stand anyone disagreeing with their opinions. If you disagree or double down on your opinion then they soon resort to name calling.

Dee's had control all night the game was never close

Tiges gifted 6 goals from frees

When it came time to play properly dee's went bang

To strong to quick and skills that we havnt seen since the 60s

Jvr will be better then plugger and carey rolled into one absolute freak

Expect you guys to dominate next decade

Well done exciting times ahead

Dusty played well. His shots on goal he usually kicks. The guy is one of the goats and has produced on the big stage, that's real pressure. I don't think Dusty would've felt too much pressure playing in a round 6 game against Judd Mcvee. He just missed the shots on goal, straight up execution errors.

At the same time, I thought McVee still played well. Our whole defensive system was broken for most of the match with players getting lost, leaking out too early, standing on the wrong side of a stoppage etc. So at least McVee's defensive intentions were better than most other players.
McVee didn't play well. Looked like a deer in the headlights tbh. Did a couple nice things but had a poor night imo.

Having said that, I don't think Dusty was a huge influence either. Missing shots and not being impactful is kinda the norm now for him. Still contributes, but father time is fast approaching. I never felt like he was going to explode at the game..

So If Martins disposals mean nothing and his disposals mean nothing you're judging his game on what? There's no way Mcvee had a good this is just classic Melbourne board new kids can't play bad only the same guys certain posters don't like.
Feel like i’m in bizarro world. You’ve a long established belief that disposals mean nothing unless they’re impactful, and that was very much Martin’s game yesterday. I was one of the few people here to say McVee was poor last week, but this week he really did do a good job on a guy that could still be a match winner. Did he keep him dead silent? No. But he did a good job. It’s not like Martin was spraying shots from 20, he was taking them from beyond 50.

Never mind the fact that about 6 of his touches came from dinky little hand passes around the 50 before his goal and McVee’s tackle when the game was done.

Not getting sucked into this. Bloke thinks Mcvee was good and May was s**t. Says it all really.
You’re now pretending you’ve never heard of measuring performances by the individual players’ standards? If we removed the fact that your two whipping boys, our two best midfielders for 30 years, were capable of so much better than they’ve served up this year - would you still criticise their game to the extent that you do? You literally criticised Petracca after 29 and 3 against West Coast (yes, terrible opposition, I agree, but that’s the thing about individual standards) and are now lauding Martin getting 23 and 1.3. And that’s not me listing the disposal count that you dislike, that’s the stat you picked to show Martin skinned McVee

May is copping criticism because he’s capable of so much more than he dished up this week.

McVee is being appreciated because he had one of the hardest matchups in football and managed well.

You’re much better than this. It’s actually ok for people to have different opinions to you. You don’t have to steamroll your way in and call them stupid when they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee's had control all night the game was never close

Tiges gifted 6 goals from frees

When it came time to play properly dee's went bang

To strong to quick and skills that we havnt seen since the 60s

Jvr will be better then plugger and carey rolled into one absolute freak

Expect you guys to dominate next decade

Well done exciting times ahead
Love your optimism. However, we didn’t control it all night at all.

Feel like i’m in bizarro world. You’ve a long established belief that disposals mean nothing unless they’re impactful, and that was very much Martin’s game yesterday. I was one of the few people here to say McVee was poor last week, but this week he really did do a good job on a guy that could still be a match winner. Did he keep him dead silent? No. But he did a good job. It’s not like Martin was spraying shots from 20, he was taking them from beyond 50.

Never mind the fact that about 6 of his touches came from dinky little hand passes around the 50 before his goal and McVee’s tackle when the game was done.
You know very well martins disposals are always attempting high impact. He doesn't just hand ball or kick for the sake of it like others who get 30 disposals. Mcvee didn't play the whole game on him where does this come from? Pig had him at times and so did Gus. Players rotate and swap a heap Mcvee didn't play a lockdown role on Dusty.

An for about the 4th time, never said Martin was best on, that's someone else's rubbish input.

Get ready to look like an absolute peanut. you come at the king you better be ready to bow

Dusty took pot shots from outside 50 says Tulip

3 of his 4 shots from inside 40, 1 goal, 1 poster and one from a crumb just off line

So you're just straight wrong so I'll take the apology there

Screenshot_20230424_175531_Watch AFL.jpg Screenshot_20230424_180020_Watch AFL.jpg Screenshot_20230424_175356_Watch AFL.jpg

Even better

On his shots at goal. Not even Mcvee playing on him 😂😂😂😂😂😂 but again spoken like fact from Tulip

Kick from the boundary Pigs on him

Screenshot_20230424_175515_Watch AFL.jpg

Snap at goal levers on him
Screenshot_20230424_175344_Watch AFL.jpg

Kick from 50 mcvees not even one of the 7 closest players to him

Screenshot_20230424_175805_Photos.jpg

Genuinely embarrassing effort by you Tulip

Hey TK you never lauded Martin

Great cheers mate end of story, no need to rabble on about Dusty not being amazing when I never said he was. Said he was a potential match winner, JVR was a match winner and had 5 disposals to 3qtr time. Dusty kicked 1.2 in the last half odd hour of the game
'potential'

Dusty took pot shots from outside 50 says Tulip

3 of his 4 shots from inside 40, 1 goal, 1 poster and one from a crumb just off line

So you're just straight wrong so I'll take the apology there

View attachment 1669556View attachment 1669557View attachment 1669558

Even better

On his shots at goal. Not even Mcvee playing on him 😂😂😂😂😂😂 but again spoken like fact from Tulip

Kick from the boundary Pigs on him

View attachment 1669560

Snap at goal levers on him
View attachment 1669562

Kick from 50 mcvees not even one of the 7 closest players to him

View attachment 1669561

Genuinely embarrassing effort by you Tulip
Good research. I haven’t watched the game back yet. I’m remembering that last shot and the ping from the boundary which I thought was further out in particular.

Good, fact based research here :thumbsu:

Great cheers mate end of story, no need to rabble on about Dusty not being amazing when I never said he was. Said he was a potential match winner, JVR was a match winner and had 5 disposals to 3qtr time. Dusty kicked 1.2 in the last half odd hour of the game
'potential'
You know lauded doesn’t mean “best on ground”, right? It literally means praised.

Topkent is correct. Martin had an opportunity to kick a few and didn’t. His shots were in the F50 and played his role as a forward. Bad kicking is bad football, so that’s how it goes.

Just stop the vitriolic shit on here. We won the game but didn’t play well nor convincingly. We are a long way off but need to keep winning and I hope to god we keep the same F50 for the next 4 weeks. Chandler and JVR are the new breed. Keep Spargo out until he literally forces his way back. Same with Brown or McDonald (but ideally not).

JVR is big strong body isn’t he? Prototype modern forward.
Whoever said he was a Jack Riewoldt clone was basically spot on. Way he flies at the footy and then the very simple goal kick action. Plays taller than he is for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back