Review Dees v the Dusty Tigers: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Because that's what I said, that we're playing one on one footy...

Misrepresenting other people's opinions is pretty lame, even on BigFooty.

Keep punching though.
It's not a misrepresentation. You want May to play with tunnel vision and follow Riewoldt on every lead. That's not how zones work. Not that hard.

It's not a misrepresentation. You want May to play with tunnel vision and follow Riewoldt on every lead. That's not how zones work. Not that hard.
LOL! "It's not a misrepresentation! In fact, here's another thing you didn't say that I'm going to say you said!"

Cool cool cool.

Ah yes, shots at goal as a super important stat and now "on another day" as an imaginary scenario... Oh boy.
I get it, if Riewoldt kicks 1.4 then you think May dominated him. A classic the outcome is the only thing that matters. Opinion null and void from now on.

I get it, if Riewoldt kicks 1.4 then you think May dominated him. A classic the outcome is the only thing that matters. Opinion null and void from now on.
Woh! 1.4! Can't believe he didn't get the Checker medal! Didn't the voting committee know how important that stat is?!

Righto, so when the ball is kicked to his opponent on the lead, thennnnnnn.......

I won't push it any more. I get that we won't agree mate.

He trails massively coz hes sagging off/shadowing him 10m back for the deeper kick in a more dangerous spot, expecting the numerous teammates set up in front of him to at least make a contest on shorter passes going inside 50. Apparently our guys dont believe that is a thing however, as they think guarding space is their only responsibility. (May gave Viney and someone else an earful for not spoiling/guarding their space well enough)

Ok im done, you dont have to agree.

Go Push The Button GIF by Wired Productions
Parks And Rec Spinning GIF

He trails massively coz hes sagging off/shadowing him 10m back for the deeper kick in a more dangerous spot, expecting the numerous teammates set up in front of him to at least make a contest on shorter passes going inside 50. Apparently our guys dont believe that is a thing however, as they think guarding space is their only responsibility. (May gave Viney and someone else an earful for not spoiling/guarding their space well enough)

Ok im done, you dont have to agree.
Guarding space....? Like, in a zone....?

Ok.

Guarding space....? Like, in a zone....?

Ok.

Youre allowed to spoil, mark, tackle and do other normal football things when the ball is in your area JFYI.

Fox Footy not even trying. Roo getting the Tigers home and i didn't realise Hamish Brayshaw became a commentator

When Melbourne needed someone to step up, Jacob van Rooyen answered that call.

The young forward exploded with three huge goals in the fourth quarter to help get the Tigers over the line, delivering on the big stage.

It started with a monster leaping contested grab in a pack before taking another minutes later as ‘Roo’ chants perforated throughout the MCG, adding one more major in the final five minutes.

“He’s been big in the last 90 seconds, the youngster standing up,” Channel 7 caller Hamish Brayshaw said of van Rooyen during the fourth term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JVR one grabbing marks is something we never got from Weid or even hogan tbh
Not even the marks though it was the way he was slapping arms out of the way and straight lining it too. Wasn't waiting for a free kick or an easy spill he just said **** it this is my ball.

First time I've seen us live this year. Showed a lot of grit to win a game when a lot went wrong on the night.

Tigers were so smart early, chipping the ball inside their forward half or even going along the ground and forcing our defenders to fight at ground level, which they're pretty shit at.

Viney was immense and even kicked the ball really well; Gus' best game of the year and JVR was obviously epic in the last.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Me too. I set a pretty low bar, I’ve never had danster168 on mine. Maybe I’ll revisit if I ever feel like getting permabanned.
When you think that a good game and a bad game are separated only by how accurate their opponent kicks. Blocked.
All you're doing is basing your opinion on the result. Probably think it was a good team performance as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back