Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewart and Zuthrie can hold their heads up. Loved Mannaghs first half.
Forwardline barely competed. Tried to be too cute in these conditions and leave the hard stuff for others. Ollie Henry may have thought he was the sub again.

Clohesy should stay in. Give him a proper game. 2 senior ganes as sub isnt fun Im sure. But he will probably lose his spot to Atkins.
Parff and Knevitt for Bruhn and Neale.

If the players were on performance based contracts, 3/4 of the team would be paying the club to turn up tonight. Probably the most insipid effort I've seen a Geelong side put up since the early 2000s.

Really really disappointing performance. Way too many passengers. Just outclassed in every aspect of the game. The most obvious differences for me were just how much cleaner they were with the ball and how many of the contests they won around the ground. The delivery to our forwards was beyond putrid.. just gave the likes of Jez absolutely no chance. I would’ve just walked off the ground with frustration the number of times they kicked it above his head playing on a guy like Lobb, or to his disadvantage. On a positive note, it was nice seeing Ted do well when he came on.

I’m here waiting patiently to see the whipping boys cop all the criticism and Danger and Cameron getting a free ride.

Could possibly one of the dumbest games I’ve seen our entire team play.

Got outplayed by a rule you learn in u9’s

PLAY IN FRONT

Don’t think we took a mark i50 other than a chip pass.
I still can't believe Lobb killed Cameron... Lobb was outstanding. I can't believe Cameron should of got him on his bike and made Lobb run all game

Utterly infuriating how many times our forwards were caught behind. Beaten in all fundamentals for a wet game of footy, head over the ball, tackling and numbers to the contest. No real positives at all
I’d go as far and so it was almost around the entire ground.
So blatantly obvious

Last quarter was really retro, as in early 70's, or '82-'83-'86 type retro-ism. Absolutely smashed silly by a side that was as clean as you could get in wet, muddy and slippery conditions. Dogs never fumbled, and kicked 50m every time they grabbed a ball out of congestion. We made Lobb look like peak Chris Mew, and Khamis like Glendinning. I recall a game against norf in 1991 where they kicked 8 goals to nil in the last quarter at K.P, this was probably even worse. Absolutely gave up a chance to get to the top-4, and on tonight's performance we'll be lucky to beat norf in Tassie next week. Just smashed in a way the Cats have rarely been in the last 20 years. The possession and mark differential was stark, and they weren't like out keepings off stuff against the Pies, the Dogs just took intercept upon intercept.

The ladder is very close, and another couple of games like this puts us out of the action. Lost a heap of percentage, and a lot of respect. And our record at K.P now is looking pretty mediocre. We smashed the in-form Hawks three weeks ago, but weren't in the hunt tonight. Ugly stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a side note, Ed Richard’s sooking about the ground, ugle-Hagen saying “it was pretty dangerous out there”.. give us a spell
Modern afl, they live under a roof.

I don't know why we dropped Neale, almost no teams play exclusively with 1 tall forward especially since Cameron doesn't play like most tall forwards anyway.

Neale needs to play every game unless Hawkins comes back in ripping condition.

Or if you are dropping Neale bring Stanley back in as a KPF and part time ruck.

Just having Cameron forward is insane. This is the stupid shit the match committee was doing earlier in the season when we couldn't buy a win.

Abysmal.

Half a dozen players can hold their heads high, but that was pathetic.

Felt like everyone wanted to be at home in Torquay by the fire and not kicking a footy around earning their hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Dumb to stack the midfield and not have anyone up forward willing to make a contest.

The worst part of it was just the lack of effort. Lazy football, no intent, no chase. No fundamentals.

That said we've got:

North
Crows
Freo
Saints
Eagles

With only Freo in finals contention.

Tonight was an aberration - we'll be back on track next week.
But that's the sad thing... we can't beat the teams that are seriously contending.... Yes we will beat North, Crows, Eagles etc. But not the teams that are contending

Parfitts farewell game.

And I still don’t get the push to play Knevitt. VFL player at best. Will be at Grovedale in 2 years. Dead set looks lost whenever I’ve seen him play.

Stanley was apparently very close to playing - English tore us a new one. We might’ve stuffed up there. SDK in defence - Stanley rucking with Blicavs?????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jeremy Cameron seriously needs to do something about his goal kicking. Every single time he gets way too close to the man on the mark and predictably misses. Needs to get the basics right before he does the flashy stuff

Not a great sign when a guy who was playing as an undersized full forward in the VFL a few weeks ago leads your tackles and clearances...and he had zero CBA's.

Well done Mannagh for having a dip tonight... Not many others did.

Ollie Henry is consistent... 5 touches and 1 goal last week, 5 touches and 1 goal this week (the guy isn't B22).

I hope Hardie gets a run next week just out of respect for effort... Parfitt (whilst being a top bloke) has snagged a bunch of games where Hardie could have at least played once.

No tall marking target tonight was a masterstroke.

Bit of a perfect storm that extenuated our weakness and brought their strengths to the fore

The ground conditions that made tonight possible aren't likely to repeat. It took away our ability to move the ball that usual coverers our around the ball and aerial weaknesses.

The decision to play without Neale hurt, we had no one ahead of the ball who could create a contest and bring the ball to ground. Meant our mosquito fleet couldn't get into the game. Not that Neale alone would have been that much of a difference maker. Cameron had to play the role, it isn't his jam.

Future opposition teams won't learn much from that which is replicable

The conditions of the game should have been as advantageous for Parfitt as possible, the opposition, not so much, he isn't good enough to be in the AFL inside midfield rotations.

We keep asking the wrong things of O.Henry, it would be good for him to get him out of the Forwardline, even if only temporary. Be less structural and more see ball get ball. He'll become a more well rounded player for the experience.

Historically it is unusual for us to play less KPD then the opposition plays KPF, that isn't taking into consideration that Henry and Kolodjashnij are on the smaller side for their roles. Part of the plan is for them to be against the wall, and derive benefit for that cost elsewhere. When things are going right they're hanging on by the skin of their teeth. When it isn't it isn't their fault.

The only thing that bothered me was how we set up for the 1st quarter, we didn't change the plan to fit the conditions, when it should have been clear that what we prepared in the lead up wasn't going to be appropriate.

I think we'll bounce back pretty quickly

That had a real foul odour about it.

Players were off

Coach was off

We’re all over the shop. Up and down performances most of the year. Middle of the road side that is barely worthy of 6th - 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep- but we aren’t alone being like that. It’s a crazy year.

Wish I never watched that it was so bad. Zuthrie and mannagh good, everyone else meh to woeful. Jezz beaten by Lobb wtf is that. Bad selection, bad coaching, bad play, no intent. Gold Coast game aside, that’s the worst we’ve been.

Pressure wins games now and we only brought it in the 3rd. Otherwise totally uninterested.

That’s the end of parf. Horrible call to bring him in.

Could’ve consolidated our spot in the 4 and like many times this year blow it. If we play like that next week north will beat us.

Over half the team with under 50%DE. Just really really poor. Holmes 30, Miers 33, danger 35, rohan 40, blitz 43, then a bunch on 50. Rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back