Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitts farewell game.

And I still don’t get the push to play Knevitt. VFL player at best. Will be at Grovedale in 2 years. Dead set looks lost whenever I’ve seen him play.

Stanley was apparently very close to playing - English tore us a new one. We might’ve stuffed up there. SDK in defence - Stanley rucking with Blicavs?????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m a Parfitt fan, this wet game should have suited him. He was lost, pressure not there. I think you might be right.

Apparently he never does it, but I truly hope Scott is ripping the boys a new one and telling them if they think they can just turn up half arsed and expect to win on his watch then they've got another thing coming.

And I hope he puts a real special rocket up Cameron's ****.

That was utter garbage, and not worthy of his pay check.

Last edited:
Jeremy Cameron seriously needs to do something about his goal kicking. Every single time he gets way too close to the man on the mark and predictably misses. Needs to get the basics right before he does the flashy stuff
Maybe he shouldn’t have shots from 60 on a Wet night.
That would be a good start

We have been DOMINATED and embarrassed at home. Even though we have an easy run home there is no certainty we will make the 8.

To strengthen our team, we need to focus on bolstering our midfield, securing a key defender, a reliable ruckman, and a strong marking forward. Comprehensively beaten in the middle. Dangerfield tapered off when we needed him. Today's performance underscored our weaknesses and there are many; a loss next week against North Melbourne wouldn't be surprising.

Cameron had his pants pulled down by Lobb
Parfitt will not play another game for Geelong.
Knevitt was the wrong choice
We did not win in 1 position

SDK has a crack
Stewart plays with heart
Proud of the way Zack Guthrie plays
Clohesy should stay in
Mannagh is a lock
If Bruhn is OK he is a certainty next week

We finished the game in an embarrassing fashion.
It annoys me that we were down and did not play direct football when we were still in it.
They were simply TOO good in every position.

Last edited:
What's he supposed to do? Insult them publicly? I guarantee he's ripping them a new one behind closed doors.

I have no doubt that Scott won't be happy after tonight and that the team will be made well aware of that

What I'd love to see (figuratively) is that the message/s ripping into the team is player driven

And not necessarily from Dangerfield or Stewart in their roles as C & VC, but say a Zach Guthrie, Max Holmes or Tom Atkins who was watching from the sidelines

I'd imagine that a player driven message and looking each other in the eyes, would have an impact

Not a great sign when a guy who was playing as an undersized full forward in the VFL a few weeks ago leads your tackles and clearances...and he had zero CBA's.

Well done Mannagh for having a dip tonight... Not many others did.

Ollie Henry is consistent... 5 touches and 1 goal last week, 5 touches and 1 goal this week (the guy isn't B22).

I hope Hardie gets a run next week just out of respect for effort... Parfitt (whilst being a top bloke) has snagged a bunch of games where Hardie could have at least played once.

No tall marking target tonight was a masterstroke.
Henry wasn’t good tonight but if you’re going to quote stats, don’t leave out relevant facts, he played 1 quarter last week

Maybe Scott watched the VFL game and just expected the whole game to be a slog but instead he got badly outcoached and punished by having no talls against a team loaded with them. They had options down the line and up forward whilst the only person we really had was SDK.

In the first 10 minutes you knew it was going to be a long day with the slow chip kick in the backline that never went anywhere with conditions that hindered the ability to make precise kicks to get through their zone.

I did like Clohesy for the minimal amount of time he was on, and he should definitely get a full game next week.

Scoreboard flattered us in the end.

Check out these discrepancies in the stats:

Disposals: -60
Contested possessions: -18
Uncontested possessions: -70
Effective disposals: -70
Disposal Efficiency: -9.8%
Marks: -20
Tackles: -8
Inside 50s: -22
Marks inside 50: -11
Tackles inside 50: -10
Metres gained: -982m

Dominated everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doritos might’ve been ok with ball in hand, and I will cut him some slack due to age and experience but his ball watching and defending around stoppages was pretty bad

The ball watching was the only team thing we did all bloody night imo.

I’m here waiting patiently to see the whipping boys cop all the criticism and Danger and Cameron getting a free ride.

Could possibly one of the dumbest games I’ve seen our entire team play.

Got outplayed by a rule you learn in u9’s

PLAY IN FRONT

Don’t think we took a mark i50 other than a chip pass.
This made me blind with rage. Just maddening

Henry wasn’t good tonight but if you’re going to quote stats, don’t leave out relevant facts, he played 1 quarter last week
I think that's the silent point (if that's a thing) I'm making about Ollie being "consistent".

He had the same amount of touches in a full game as he did in one 1/4 last week.

It's nothing to hang your hat on.

Something has happened to the kid... He isn't flying or looking like taking any marks, and If he isn't clunking some high grabs, he offers very little.

Neale>Ollie Henry for mine.

No effort. That's the problem. No effort whatsoever.

Danger, aside for a miracle goal, showed nothing much at all. Bowes a nonentity. Parf turned up for the first 15 minutes then went home- been a good servant of the club for a decade but the game has passed him by. Jeremy Cameron needs to pull his finger out. He needs to stop playing like he's just having a lark and start playing to win.

SDK competed well. Mannagh was lively. 2E still has the touch but has lost the speed. Clohesy barrelled in like a maniac in the one quarter we got to see him.

People bag the selectors for going in too small, like that godawful final where we decided that because it was rainig we didn't need a ruckman. Not sure Neale would have helped at all, Conway's injured, and Stanley is cooked. That wasn't the issue. Frankly, Tom Hawkins is the tall we missed.

Want to criticise a selection decision? I put it to you that, though he may not get as many touches as we'd like, Shark would have been smart enough not to let Treloar and Richards sneak goalside every damn time. And he'd have given us a better medium-tall marking option on the wing than Knevitt, who was bloody awful for all that I've been pumping his tires this year.

North Melbourne will be smelling the blood in the water tonight. We can't treat this game as a formality. Play smart, put in the effort, get the four points. Play like tonight and we lose and likely miss the finals.

We have been DOMINATED and embarrassed at home. Even though we have an easy run home there is no certainty we will make the 8.

To strengthen our team, we need to focus on bolstering our midfield, securing a key defender, a reliable ruckman, and a strong marking forward. Today's performance underscored our weaknesses and there are many; a loss next week against North Melbourne wouldn't be surprising.

Cameron had his pants pulled down by Lobb
Parfitt will not play another game for Geelong.
Knevitt was the wrong choice
We did not win in 1 position

SDK has a crack
Stewart plays with heart
Proud of the way Zack Guthrie plays
Clohesy should stay in
Mannagh is a lock
If Bruhn is OK he is a certainty next week

We finished the game in an embarrassing fashion.
It annoys me that we were down and did not play direct football when we were still in it.
They were simply TOO good in every position.
We aren’t losing to North. We were garbage tonight but the Dogs are a good side and are stacked for talent

I write that one off due to the conditions..a muddy bog didnt suit a weak midfield like ours we needed it out in space and couldnt get it.
Probably should have moved the curtain raiser in hindsight. That said if we get weather like that in finals we are in trouble.conditions with repeat stoppages dont suit a team with a weak midfield and no ruck.

Im sure thats parfitts farewell game-he was totally ineffective and bruhn (i get why they ran him in the vfl for fitness but still) should have played over him.

The play at the start of the 4th qtr where cameron didnt mark it and him and stengle stuffed up a certain goal summed up our night..didnt give a yelp after that.

I thought stewart was really good, mannagh showed why he should play every week, tuohy battled hard as did zuthrie-he shouldnt have been asked to play that undersized we should have picked another kpd. The rest not much to write home about.

Our performances at GHMBA of late are cause for concern. Not really convinced we have a home ground advantage anymore, don't feel we play our best there. Prefer our chances at the G. Is it just me? Needs to be addressed in the offseason I think.
I honestly think we've played the mcg better since 2022, we just pull weaker oppo at home

No effort. That's the problem. No effort whatsoever.

Danger, aside for a miracle goal, showed nothing much at all. Bowes a nonentity. Parf turned up for the first 15 minutes then went home- been a good servant of the club for a decade but the game has passed him by. Jeremy Cameron needs to pull his finger out. He needs to stop playing like he's just having a lark and start playing to win.

SDK competed well. Mannagh was lively. 2E still has the touch but has lost the speed. Clohesy barrelled in like a maniac in the one quarter we got to see him.

People bag the selectors for going in too small, like that godawful final where we decided that because it was rainig we didn't need a ruckman. Not sure Neale would have helped at all, Conway's injured, and Stanley is cooked. That wasn't the issue. Frankly, Tom Hawkins is the tall we missed.

Want to criticise a selection decision? I put it to you that, though he may not get as many touches as we'd like, Shark would have been smart enough not to let Treloar and Richards sneak goalside every damn time. And he'd have given us a better medium-tall marking option on the wing than Knevitt, who was bloody awful for all that I've been pumping his tires this year.

North Melbourne will be smelling the blood in the water tonight. We can't treat this game as a formality. Play smart, put in the effort, get the four points. Play like tonight and we lose and likely miss the finals.

The lack of effort was infuriating. We just couldn't be bothered.

We should never accept that as a club.

As much as I hate them, it's the one thing I admire about the Hawks. They never give up. Year in, year out.

Wish we had that.

giphy.gif

What I want to say about tonight..
Usa America GIF by Law Office of Robert Eckard

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back