Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitts farewell game.

And I still don’t get the push to play Knevitt. VFL player at best. Will be at Grovedale in 2 years. Dead set looks lost whenever I’ve seen him play.

Stanley was apparently very close to playing - English tore us a new one. We might’ve stuffed up there. SDK in defence - Stanley rucking with Blicavs?????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It wasnt so much english it was juh and darcy. Who would have thought it might be a good idea to play our fullback at fullback?

Parfitt is done.

I like knevitt a player but these werent the right conditions for him. Bruhn should have played and clohesy should have started.

I had a feeling Bulldogs would be too tall for us and it showed tonight every time we kicked into our forward line their tall men marked it. Plus we would bomb it in and not really looking for a clear target. Always kicked it to the advantage of Bulldogs back men and our forwards playing from behind. Then when they went forward they marked it nearly 95% of the time. That was the difference tonight in my opinion.

We were found out tonight.

Forwards just don't compete, they play from behind and live for the Joe the goose goal. We dropped the only guy that would jump at the ball.

The key defenders have for away with it for a few weeks but there is nothing good happening long term with J Henry and Kolo as the 2 key defenders.

The zone type set up was never going to work tonight. It was a night for putting your head over the ball and playing one on one all over the ground.

The coach was poor and so were the players.

I honestly think we've played the mcg better since 2022, we just pull weaker oppo at home
Seems like we made a big push to be better at the G as that’s where finals are played, but to be fair, I think we just always won at home because we were a better side and now that we’re transitioning we’re losing more often in general.

Next week
Out parfitt (goodbye done) knevitt rohan duncan (managed)
In stanley neale bruhn atkins

Although they will probably leave one or two of the other older guys at home possibly.

I think that's the silent point (if that's a thing) I'm making about Ollie being "consistent".

He had the same amount of touches in a full game as he did in one 1/4 last week.

It's nothing to hang your hat on.

Something has happened to the kid... He isn't flying or looking like taking any marks, and If he isn't clunking some high grabs, he offers very little.

Neale>Ollie Henry for mine.
Feel like it’s team balance for him, can’t see Ollie and Rohan in the same side for 4 quarters

3rd loss at home again…. Half decent teams lost like dogs, port and GWS can get it done against us at home….. pretenders!24 Pretenders still comfortable with 22 cup…. Satisfied careers…… we are done ! The middle of the park not good enough and those forward entries tonight pathetic ….! No cups from 6th !

Next week
Out parfitt (goodbye done) knevitt rohan duncan (managed)
In stanley neale bruhn atkins

Although they will probably leave one or two of the other older guys at home possibly.
You've definitely got a thing for dropping Rohan. I don't think you can say any of our players were good tonight but I thought Rohan was one of the cleanest with possession.

We're a team in transition and it showed. There's going to be inconsistent performances. Full credit to the dogs, they were cleaner around the ball, harder at it, 1%ers and better decision making. Disappointing because we usually go well in the wet. Seemed to miss Neale structurally? Horrible watch. We're an average team in transition, get games into as many kids as possible and keep moving forward.

I have no doubt that Scott won't be happy after tonight and that the team will be made well aware of that

What I'd love to see (figuratively) is that the message/s ripping into the team is player driven

And not necessarily from Dangerfield or Stewart in their roles as C & VC, but say a Zach Guthrie, Max Holmes or Tom Atkins who was watching from the sidelines

I'd imagine that a player driven message and looking each other in the eyes, would have an impact

You'd hope so, but there seemed to be little sense of 'team' out there tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely straight in for a hot shower
Twas bloody cold, but I’ve learnt over the years always overdress at the footy (it’s easier to take layers off then find them when you’re freezing 👍).

We were found out tonight.

Forwards just don't compete, they play from behind and live for the Joe the goose goal. We dropped the only guy that would jump at the ball.

The key defenders have for away with it for a few weeks but there is nothing good happening long term with J Henry and Kolo as the 2 key defenders.

The zone type set up was never going to work tonight. It was a night for putting your head over the ball and playing one on one all over the ground.

The coach was poor and so were the players.

Thats true but it was partly lost at selection.
I said during the week we would be too undersized without sdk at the back.stanley or neale had to play.
Long term we really need some key backs and mids to come through.

Brilliant game dished up by Bevo and the Bulldogs tonight.
Totally outplayed us.
Had this penciled in as our danger game in our run home as I rank the Dogs as a top 4 side.
They showed me exactly what I was dreading.
A very good side with plenty of good players.
As for us.
Wow! It was the most boring game I’ve been seen at KP for like ever… 1980’s?
Crowd was insipid just like most of our boys tonight.
Just thinking.
Losing 3 at home this year is a reflection of what and where we are at as a club.
We lick our wounds recall Bruhn Atkins and Neale next week.
Lucky we have Norf, be it in Hobart.
Let the roller coaster ride continue.
Cheers 🍻

This loss was more disturbing than Francis Bacon's Painting, 1946.

The Bulldogs were in complete control from the first bounce, and should really have put the game to bed a little earlier than they did.

Their work below the knees and in tight was several orders of magnitude more finely-honed than ours, and reflects the sharp form they have been in.

We've been going ok ourselves of late, but something seemed off early on tonight; the Dogs quickly gained a pronounced ascendancy in the middle and seemed far more connected.

We played wet weather footy the way we normally might approach it in Geelong in the middle of winter, but the Dogs seemed uncannily certain that they could more or less play their best brand of footy despite the mud and rain.

Sam De Koning fought a fascinating battle with Tim English, the two giants of a similar disposition.
English threatened to get off the leash more than once, but De Koning ran out the game pretty well, stood up at important junctures and generally fought a losing battle honorably. No shame there.

We got a combined 2 goals and not a lot more from Jeremy Cameron, Gary Rohan and Ollie Henry; Shannon Neale was omitted due to the conditions but it was probably a marginal decision as we were haphazard and harried when entering 50 all night long, anyway.

Big difference between the Max Holmes of last week and this week despite superficially similar stats; last week he looked as though his footy had matured and taken a step forward; careful with the ball against good opposition.
Up until recently he'd been good with the set shot in and around 50m, but the last few weeks he's burned a few F50 entries with nothing shots on goal. Might be time to put it away for a little bit.

Patrick Dangerfield and Tom Stewart each had productive periods within the match but ultimately could not exert enough influence to wrest control of the game away from Bontempelli, Ed Richards and co. The loss of Atkins may have seemed marginal, but with he and Tanner Bruhn (not to mention Cam Guthrie) absent the already-thin midfield depth was once again exposed.

We're still in the 2024 race, but we would need a lot to go right from here.

Last edited:
You've definitely got a thing for dropping Rohan. I don't think you can say any of our players were good tonight but I thought Rohan was one of the cleanest with possession.

Rohan was ok but its pretty clear him and henry structurally doesnt work and im not dropping henry. Mannagh is not just best 22 but probably best 12 at this rate (its stupid he was left out as long as he was) so we have to drop a fwd and id take neale over rohan for mine.

Unsurprisingly, in terms of SC scores, the Dogs had 8 of the best 10 players on the ground, and we had 8 of the 10 worst.

Unfortunately for us, those who were amongst the worst on ground included Cameron, Miers and Dempsey, who have all been key players for us in the past.

Also, I’ll claim the easiest meat tray ever very early for next week:

In: Neale, Bruhn
Out: Knevitt, Parfitt.
Krock post game suggesting Atkins should be alright to go. Turf out another.. Or rest Tuohy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back