Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

You can stick retro round where the sun donā€™t shine šŸ˜
Thatā€™s a performance from the bad old days like when bottom of the ladder would regularly beat us when we were flying.

Match Committee thought it was a good idea to play with one hand behind our back.
Neale - was starting to grow into the role , stupid to leave him out , hope his confidence isnā€™t dented.
Pick one of Rohan or OH - together they make us weaker, pick one and one only.
VFL have played on some shitty grounds like last night - Hardie, Willis and Ted have led the way - why pick Parfitt?

I think we were hoping for breaking even in the midfield with SDK and company and forcing them into pressured forward entries but clearly that failed and their talks did the damage.

Lick our wounds , regroup and move on to next week.

I can't see how you could be confident we would win any of those games. Adelaide is up and about, North is not an easybeat anymore and the Saints at Marvel Stadium would like their chances.
They aren't gimmes and I was wary of this Bulldogs game too; a disclaimer being that the Dogs best football is above any of those teams.

However we will deservedly be favourites in 3 of them, maybe underserved favourites against St Kilda (who are still often a tough task at Marvel) and then Freo should be marked down as a loss.

This team on a bad day can lose to any team that plays their best football, that much is true. The question is how many bad days do we have left? Anyone pretending to know in either direction (positive or negative) is a fool.

So on that basis, both over confidence and over pessimism are misplaced.

The over the top responses on this board to a loss is ridiculous. Weā€™re not a consistent side, but outside of Sydney, there isnā€™t a consistent side in the competition. I do believe the Dogs have the talent to match it with Sydney, but can they maintain it? Is the question.

Every time we have a loss, people basically say ā€˜I canā€™t see us winning againā€™ Calm down, we have won 11 games this year, weā€™re not losing to North, Saints and Adelaide.
Exactly!
The dust settles, the sun comes up, we move on to the next

Then are we sure that Macrae is that player?

He's played 16 games this year (including 2 as the starting sub, both against us :think:) Across the season he's averaging less than 19 disposals this season, had 30+ disposals once, only one other game of 25 disposals and in 6 of his full games he's had less than 20 disposals

He's clearly fallen out of favour as a key component in the Bulldogs midfield and that's obviously a contributing in his decreased output this season, - but the question is why has he fallen out of favour and is he still capable of regularly playing games of 30+ disposals or is that a factor in his shift away from that core midfield group?
I moved it to the trades thread. I think he is fallen out of favour the dogs šŸ•.. And his stats only last year were elite..
Dogs got heaps of midfielders to choose from us, and I'd put there midfield in the top 4 of the comp

We accounted for both Brisbane at the GABBA & Essendon at the MCG in wet weather matches

Maybe we're not a KP type team anymore - our game plan seems better suited to bigger grounds and we haven't really adapted it to the narrower KP

We are ok if its raining but you can still move the ball (see the ess game) fast as we have lots of skilled runners. But if its a heavy track we lack the big bodied mids or the talls and a ruck for a stoppage to stoppage game. We have two game speeds..very slow if we are managing possession (see the end of the coll game) or very fast with lots of runners and chain by hand. We have no in between speed which is what you need on a very heavy track or a small ground (fair point there). This is why i know we wont beat syd at the scg but i think we could at the wider mcg.

Agree with cats 09 about Neale throat hit -may have impacted more than thought and been a reason for his absence. Atkins is a talismanic player especially when the chips are down Underrated what seeing him busting his guts does to inspire others to lift.
Atkins is the guy who makes the other midfielders embarrassed if they don't have a crack. Nowhere near Selwood but in that vein. Atkins was definitely missed last night.

Apparently he never does it, but I truly hope Scott is ripping the boys a new one and telling them if they think they can just turn up half arsed and expect to win on his watch then they've got another thing coming.

And I hope he puts a real special rocket up Cameron's ****.

That was utter garbage, and not worthy of his pay check.
He's had more than a handful of games in the last 2 years where if he was getting a meat tray and a box of tins, we'd be paying overs.

He strikes me as the kind of bloke that is either all in, fully focused, or dreaming of being anywhere other than on a footy oval. There is no in between.

Exactly!
The dust settles, the sun comes up, we move on to the next

A decade ago, a night like last night or the loss to Carlton a month ago would have sat with me for the weekend

But over the past 4 or 5 years I've grown to appreciate football differently - that for 3 hours a week it's an escape from reality and that regardless of the result, life goes on

Don't get me wrong, losing sucks but there's always next week

And one of the joys of watching this football club is that we've seen so much success over the past 18 years, that we've seen some absolute champions of the game wearing the hoops and right now we're seeing the next gen coming thru and their development to become the future leaders of our club

I even thought we looked flat during the warm up.

The Cats were warming up close to where I was sitting over on the Hickey Side (assuming due to the bog on the other side). I couldn't hear any talk amongst the players, and they were missing simple set shots. Cameron was extremely noticeable on that front and it translated into his game.

A decade ago, a night like last night or the loss to Carlton a month ago would have sat with me for the weekend

But over the past 4 or 5 years I've grown to appreciate football differently - that for 3 hours a week it's an escape from reality and that regardless of the result, life goes on

Don't get me wrong, losing sucks but there's always next week

And one of the joys of watching this football club is that we've seen so much success over the past 18 years, that we've seen some absolute champions of the game wearing the hoops and right now we're seeing the next gen coming thru and their development to become the future leaders of our club
Put into perspective my Dogs mate at the game last night had never seen the Dogs win at KP live (obviously missed a couple of the ones they did)
But this is going back to the 90s when he'd go with his late dad
He was almost in tears

we should never forget how spoilt we've been

Biggest loss at home since Rd 3 2006. Hawks beat us by 52 pts.

Thereā€™s a few worrying signs - but you could say the same about a few of the so called challengers this year.

Weā€™re a bit thin in our best 22 once you get past about player 15-16 I reckon. Thatā€™s the difference against better sides and weā€™re getting exposed. The ruck situation needs to be fixed. We donā€™t need Max Gawn but we need to invest a list spot into a Conway back up and Stanley replacement. Just find a journeyman ā€¦. Itā€™s one list spot FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange seasonā€¦
Dees roll Freo (unlikely I know) and Swans beat Lions and weā€™re 4th!
Most likely we enter next round against North 5th and just percentage from 4th.
Ok for a transition year. I see us 4th going into finals and getting pantsed by Swans at the SCG in a QF. Maybe a win in a SF in Melbourne then the old PF loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He strikes me as the kind of bloke that is either all in, fully focused, or dreaming of being anywhere other than on a footy oval. There is no in between.
Good call

When things aren't going right for him he needs to find a way to dig in, battle away and make a workmanlike contribution. It needs to start with when he gets bad delivery - at least get some body in the contest and bin the bad body language.

Still a great player of course

Biggest positive was Clohesyā€™s game. I wouldnā€™t mind keeping him in for a full game next week and giving Clark another game in the 2s.

Bruhn, Neale and hopefully Atkins back and we look much better.

Clohesy should stay in if Atkins misses again with a hammy. Knevitt is miles off being ready - assuming he ever is. Neale back in - stupid not to play him last night. Our forward structure looked cooked. All he had to do was compete in the air with Lobb and bring the ball to ground.

Over to you C Scott to get back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Form is fickle, and the standard of teams 2nd through 8th will be low.

So of course there is a point. For any team that makes finals this year.

Obviously any team that goes on a run would need Sydney to somehow implode. But it can happen.
It seems to me Sydney will make the GF no problem.
But they are really going to struggle if they have to play a Victorian team at the G.

Look it was a mistake to not play Neale, but letā€™s be honest, he was probably lucky he didnā€™t play. He would have been next to useless the way the ball was coming in and he gets a week off with his throat knock and can continue his momentum next week.

Nah, the way the ball was coming in was perfect. There was no expectation of it being marked which frees him up to influence the contest as a priority.

That said, a week off for a bruised larynx is reasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back