Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Were we watching the same VFL game? Stanley dominated the hit outs but was his usual uncompetitive self away from stoppage. He makes crucial errors and doesn't compete in the air when we need him to. He is a liability.
I think Stanley will retire at the end of the year and that would explain his lack of motivation. However, even tappering off Stanley might be better than the rest. Conway looks gone for the year with his foot problem, Edwards is too young and skinny, Big Joe Furphy is inclined to start dribbling the ball.

Simply a game of muscle and grunt. Suited a coach like Luke bevo who has hardly a tactical brain cell in his head. Was all grunt and muscle around the ball in a wet and miserable night. Something they are the best at and we are the worst at, and it showed.

The conditions highlighted the strength of bulldogs and highlighted the deficiencies of geelong.

Possibly not yet, but it's an 8-point game we just gave away, another one at home against similar ranked sides like Port and GWS too. Although last night we were just not in it. Like I said it was shades of those games in the 70's and 80's against the likes of Hawthorn, Carlton, norf and Essendon in particular back in that era when we would often be belted. Last night was a belting, I'd hate to see the expected score.

Mind you I might bet that Sydney smash the Dogs next week as there's always a 'week after playing Geelong' factor at play. Freo away looks very hard, the Crows are no gimme, and if norf apply themselves like they had against the Pies, Suns and others in recent times they will be no pushover. Maybe a what seems to be a disinterested WCE in the last round is one you could chalk down, but last night has created a bit of trust issues with me.
Bottom line is we don’t deserve to be a top 4 side and we aren’t good enough either.

We are a 5th-10th side aprox, but that is ok.

Were we watching the same VFL game? Stanley dominated the hit outs but was his usual uncompetitive self away from stoppage. He makes crucial errors and doesn't compete in the air when we need him to. He is a liability.

So the solution for full back is?

So the solution for full back is?
Connor o‘O’Sullivan to me is touch and go for this. I would ideally like to see if we can develop O’Sullivan into a blicavs type utility mid.

Drop SDK back to FB or give him a run at FF.

Recruit another 200+cm key defender to go along SDK if he is at fb or O’Sullivan if we position him there.

The game is evolving towards big bodied midfielders and 200cm+ defenders… the kolo’s and jack Henry’s are medium defenders not key defenders. If we continue to try and treat them as key defenders on 200cm+ forwards it will become at times embarrassing. They are giving up 10+cm at times.

We have a bit to work out moving forward

I still think SDK is better at the 2nd ruck position than Blicavs is, gets more of the ball and is a better user of it.

If I had my way, I would be putting Blicavs into defense where his height and mobility can shut out Larkey, I would bring Stanley back in [in future ideally this is Conway or another #1 ruck if one comes our way] and use SDK as a back up ruck/forward.
This

Dominating the hit outs is exactly what we need. Dont care if he doesnt do much around the ground as long as he is dominating the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok for what?
That we've taken steps forward this year.

The list isn't ready to be a legitimate week-to-week contender, and that's fine. A few more acquisitions, and a couple more years of development and we'll be much better for it.

The amusing part is that clubs who have been building for years for a season like this still aren't as good as us, or only marginally better.

Says a lot about the state of footy right now.

That we've taken steps forward this year.

The list isn't ready to be a legitimate week-to-week contender, and that's fine. A few more acquisitions, and a couple more years of development and we'll be much better for it.

The amusing part is that clubs who have been building for years for a season like this still aren't as good as us, or only marginally better.

Says a lot about the state of footy right now.
Sensible post.
Many supporters post as if it's an insult to suggest we are not necessarily in contention this year.
Saturday night was atypical for us, we all know that, and people can overreact, but rarely are we annihilated at home, so it was possibly a reality check as far as top 4 aspirations.
Are we good enough to make the 8?
Have felt all year we are a 7-12 list, and we look to potentially end up closer to 6 or 7 than 12.
I also still feel well satiated after 2022, and the era of success before that. If we drop or have to endure frustration for several years, that's fine by me.

Sensible post.
Many supporters post as if it's an insult to suggest we are not necessarily in contention this year.
Saturday night was atypical for us, we all know that, and people can overreact, but rarely are we annihilated at home, so it was possibly a reality check as far as top 4 aspirations.
Have felt all year we are a 7-12 list, and we look to potentially end up closer to 6 or 7 than 12.
I also still feel well satiated after 2022, and the era of success before that. If we drop or have to endure frustration for several years, that's fine by me.
You're correct that some people might feel that way, but it's important to recognize that it's often a matter of perspective.

The individuals who seem overly optimistic are often balanced by those who might lean towards pessimism, like you tend to yourself.

Neither viewpoint is necessarily incorrect. Both sides have their own valid reasons and genuinely believe in their perspective. It's simply human nature, and we're a microcosm of that in here.

Personally, I believe that reality usually lies somewhere in the middle – it's never quite as perfect or as dire as it might appear.

Nevertheless though, my thoughts are similar to yours. Very grateful to have seen four premierships, and while I believe the fifth isn't that far away, it wouldn't overly bother me if that wasn't the case.

You're correct that some people might feel that way, but it's important to recognize that it's often a matter of perspective.

The individuals who seem overly optimistic are often balanced by those who might lean towards pessimism, like you tend to yourself.

Neither viewpoint is necessarily incorrect. Both sides have their own valid reasons and genuinely believe in their perspective. It's simply human nature, and we're a microcosm of that in here.

Personally, I believe that reality usually lies somewhere in the middle – it's never quite as perfect or as dire as it might appear.

Nevertheless though, my thoughts are similar to yours. Very grateful to have seen four premierships, and while I believe the fifth isn't that far away, it wouldn't overly bother me if that wasn't the case.
Realising that my posts may appear pessimistic, but I seriously do want to present the strengths of the teams we play, every week, and have done so since 2009. I love reading the well thought out reasons that we are going to be the superior team, and of course, since at least 2011, that has been at least 70% of times.
I don't always believe we are going to lose, but it's my way of dealing with the game to present reasons why we could.
Apologies to all those who are tired of this way of posting and dealing with things.

You've been banging this drum for a month now. Henry and Kolo are our KPDs.
Yep. Still big no to Stanley for me. Stanley should have a black sharpie through his name now.
A solution to FB is for 2025 and hopefully COS can start playing some games.

Sensible post.

We have tools at our disposal, and a plan how to use them to fullest effect. The plan is built to get our list wins on the MCG, it looks coherent and logical. Seeing us as a possible 12th team is ridiculous, moves from pessimism to cuckoldry. Seriously list the 11 teams you'd rate ahead of us even under the worst circumstances or put up your ladder predicter.

Golden mean fallacy is a thing. I say we'll win then next 4 premierships, you say we'll win zero. Lets just meet in the middle. If you meet me in the middle, I'll say we'll win the next 8 so we can meet in the middle again.

I know Scott isn't sitting satisfied, as long as we're experimenting with unconventional sets ups that maximise our talents, we're in with a chance and a chance is all you need every year. I believe we're a chance ever year until we're down 6 goals in the first quarter in a knockout final.

Nope, I want to see more premierships, regularly.

Reckon everyone who endured the decades of nothingness will agree. We've got a lot to make up for..... we're still not content.

Younger supporters here will call it 4 premierships in 16 years. Older supporters see it as 4 premierships in 60 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back