Hawthorn v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what anyone says, 20 points down with 10 mins to go, GC are still in this.

Do the goal umpires swap ends at half time or something? I'm sure Hawthorn were kicking to the "themed" umpire in the first quarter.

Only Broughton's 17th goal ever. Good to see him bob up on a quiet day for him. If the Suns get the next I'd still have them in with a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought Simpkin was stiff to get dropped by Geelong, playing some very good footy today. Just putting in when a lot of others aren't.

I'm pretty confident that there must have been some sort of agreement with Geelong, Simpkin and Hawthorn there. We could only offer him another year on the rookie list; Hawthorn were happy to have him as a depth player on the senior list (lots of other clubs would have too). It all went down a bit too neatly, I think. He'd have to be the first rookie lister ever to be delisted a few weeks after playing in a final.

Good luck to him. Can play.

I'm pretty confident that there must have been some sort of agreement with Geelong, Simpkin and Hawthorn there. We could only offer him another year on the rookie list; Hawthorn were happy to have him as a depth player on the senior list (lots of other clubs would have too). It all went down a bit too neatly, I think. He'd have to be the first rookie lister ever to be delisted a few weeks after playing in a final.

Good luck to him. Can play.

Knows how to get the ball that's for sure. Disposal is a bit suspect but can't fault his effort.

GC would take that you'd reckon. Shame but for 2 quarters they were well in it and they dominated 1 as well, just let down in the third. 26 point loss against the Hawks is a very good effort.

Still not too long ago when I remember them getting done by 165 points by a very similar group...

Good win. Play below par against a team who was up for it. Found a way to win thanks to a 3rd quarter blitz.

The best tesms can only play half a quarter and still win.

Well done Suns. Well done Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back