Hawthorn v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty ordinary effort by the Hawks. To the Suns' credit they did manage to keep them under control for most of the game, but Hawthorn were lackadaisical to say the least.

The issue for sides playing GC this year will be trying to take all their mids out of the game, not just Ablett. They're distributing the workload much more evenly across their midfield and it's starting to show.

Having said that GC are probably only on par with St Kilda, Port, and Brisbane in 2013, still a level below the mid-table sides but getting there. I'd imagine they'll be aiming for 8-9 wins and a 12-14 finish.

So is Buddy "back" now after a big second half, finishing with five goals, or does the "it's only the Gold Coast" disclaimer still apply?

Gold Coast got slaughtered in the 2nd half, Hawthorn were just too inefficient to put it on the scoreboard. He had the most inside 50 entries for any 2nd half of the year (I think) to work with, and no decent opponents.

Franklin back? I wouldn't say so. When the game was on he was hopeless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be happy with that win.

Terrific effort.
Correct. We were no where near our best and the Suns were great and took their opportunities and made us earn it. May not have been a big win like some predicted but a wins a win.

Franklin back? I wouldn't say so. When the game was on he was hopeless.

The game was on in both halves, the difference is that Hawthorn capitalised on their forward entires in the second half, and also they applied a lot more pressure.

Wouldn't say Franklin is back, just that even when he's off he has the ability to blow a game open.

The game was on in both halves, the difference is that Hawthorn capitalised on their forward entires in the second half, and also they applied a lot more pressure.

Wouldn't say Franklin is back, just that even when he's off he has the ability to blow a game open.

Score wise the game was on in the 2nd half, Hawthorn's dominance was overwhelming though. 3rd was the most one sided quarter I've seen this year.

Agree regarding Franklin, you can never discount his ability to change a game at any given time.

Well done the Hawks, you got the 4pts and at the end of the day that's whats most important to take away from the game.
Great stuff from the Sun's as well...How big's the gap between them and GWS, Grand Canyon stuff!!
The only time the should mention Ablett is if he gets less than 30 touches...the blokes amazing.

Not very convincing Hawks. Many coast to coast goals by GC. that's a worry. Lucky you dodn't play them in the first few rounds when they at full strength.

Certainly not our most convincing win of the season. That was probably our win over your lot. How is Sydney going for convincing wins? Your 30 point domination of GWS looks to be a highlight so far. It seems Sydney have 0 wins against sides currently in the top 8. Hawthorn have 4 as the ladder sits right now. Sydney fans would seem to be in the worst position of any top 8 side to be trolling opposition fans about convincing wins. Can't beat top 8 sides, can't even thump GWS. Lucky you still have the "but we just won the flag" come back (admittedly quite a good one), otherwise you'd have nothing :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back