List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Ron was just on SEN. He turns up every now and then and has a good record with his info.

He said Phillipou would be returning back to SA at the end of the season even though he signed a new 2 year deal about Rd 7. He has pretty much been playing reserves a week or two since his re-signing.

Dwayne asked what will they ask for him? He said a player.

We had a big crack before he re-signed. Maybe he is pissed off with Lyon and his game plan.

One to watch.
Anyone seen C4 and Ron in the same room?

Darcy Byrne-Jones for Phlip?
Burton, Farrell, McIntee, Evans Williams or McCallum? I think all expendable and Phlip could cover any of these roles the next game if we lost one.

Could see them chasing Bergman as others have stated, or Sinn - wouldn’t want to lose either for a bloke playing twos footy and looking likely to be delisted while in contract

Last edited:

What does Phillipou even do? Except for sulk.
Would be a great Wing option, possibly Third tall forward, potentially tall running half back.

Can’t have to much talent on the list and think his upside well worth the risk, if the price is right.

Also, may pull Jeevan to Alberton in the future and that may be enough?

Rumour Ron was just on SEN. He turns up every now and then and has a good record with his info.

He said Phillipou would be returning back to SA at the end of the season even though he signed a new 2 year deal about Rd 7. He has pretty much been playing reserves a week or two since his re-signing.

Dwayne asked what will they ask for him? He said a player.

We had a big crack before he re-signed. Maybe he is pissed off with Lyon and his game plan.

One to watch.

The rumour was that he would return to Adelaide this year, Dwane ran with what would Adelaide have to give up. Didn’t mention Port or Crows just said Adelaide.

Phillipou is decent and may well be a good player but he screams vanilla to me.
Odd take. I reckon Phillipou either ends up as the next Bontempelli or out of the league in five years with not much in between. Has all the athletic gifts in the world, just needs to learn to football.

I wouldn't be overly keen on Bergman for Phillipou, Sinn for Phillipou I could live with and even Lord for Phillipou if we are seriously bullish on Scully because I can't see Scully and Lord in the same team.

Would you pay Perryman $800K a year?

No until he'd got me to the other side.

200w.gif

I wouldn't be overly keen on Bergman for Phillipou, Sinn for Phillipou I could live with and even Lord for Phillipou if we are seriously bullish on Scully because I can't see Scully and Lord in the same team.

Why not?

Also, that’s a long way from being a problem, in 3 years time Scully would still only just be on the verge of turning 23. He’s a baby. Scully also projects as a guy who can play 2nd ruck.

Why not?

Also, that’s a long way from being a problem, in 3 years time Scully would still only just be on the verge of turning 23. He’s a baby. Scully also projects as a guy who can play 2nd ruck.
I guess I see both of them as deep forwards who have the capacity to get in each others way. Maybe Lord could play a Marshall role more up the ground but each time he has rucked he doesn't really get into the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinn is the one we should shop around while he holds any value based on “potential”. Struggle to see anything of note from him when he’s not injured.
I still think he's going to end up a gun.

Get him 20 games in a row and watch him blossom.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sinn is the one we should shop around while he holds any value based on “potential”. Struggle to see anything of note from him when he’s not injured.
I think Sinn will be a serviceable player for us in the future if he can stay on the park. My worry is that Carlton can keep Fanta Pants on the park but we couldn't get him on the park for 2 years.

I still think he's going to end up a gun.

Get him 20 games in a row and watch him blossom.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My concerns are that usually with young players you still see a glimpse of moments here and there that they have that special factor about them. May not have the body or endurance yet but they have the talent there.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen anything of him to suggest he has that factor at AFL level.

Hope it comes but I think he needs to show something before the end of the year (assuming his body holds up).

I think Sinn will be a serviceable player for us in the future if he can stay on the park. My worry is that Carlton can keep Fanta Pants on the park but we couldn't get him on the park for 2 years.

Young players with so many recurring hamstring/groin injuries scare me. Seen it all to many times that it just destroys a career before it starts. Some get through but a lot don’t make it when such a big and crucial chunk of their development is hindered.

My concerns are that usually with young players you still see a glimpse of moments here and there that they have that special factor about them. May not have the body or endurance yet but they have the talent there.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen anything of him to suggest he has that factor at AFL level.

Hope it comes but I think he needs to show something before the end of the year (assuming his body holds up).

Young players with so many recurring hamstring/groin injuries scare me. Seen it all to many times that it just destroys a career before it starts. Some get through but a lot don’t make it when such a big and crucial chunk of their development is hindered.
I remember Hartlett started out like this and eventually got on top of his issues and while he didn't end up the player we hoped he would be still had a decent career.

I remember Hartlett started out like this and eventually got on top of his issues and while he didn't end up the player we hoped he would be still had a decent career.

Yeah Hartlett is the one I have in mind for what I expect can be Sinns peak if his body holds up. Which isn’t necessarily bad but nothing overly exciting.

Just not overly hopeful he reaches that at this stage based on what we’ve seen and his pre draft issues.

Maybe we’re tough enough. I was told he wouldn’t follow the fitness program recovery plan.

Phillipou reminds me of Jack Billings for some reason - feel his career may follow a similar path

I agree that Bergman is a better player than Phillipou as a 24 year old vs a 20 year old. I reckon I would have only used 1 greater than sign comparing them both after 1.5 seasons in the AFL.

We have spent 5 years developing Bergman and I reckon he is close to starting to play his peak footy, so I don't think I want to trade him out compared to say Farrell.

I want him to run with / tag Heeney when we play Sydney. He is the only player with the athletic ability and back line experience to handle Heeney when he pushes forward and run with him in the mid field. If he gets that gig and does well like I expect him to do, then I will re-assess and come down with a no way.
No need to trade if Bergman is in equation . . Trade should strengthen the team not weakened it . I will be happy to part with Todd Marshall in exchange .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back