News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Caitlin Bassett

Great netball player

Terrible journalist even by The West Australian standards
Spot on. This is what happens when people who don’t know what they’re talking about are given airtime to write about things they don’t know about. That has to be the most ridiculous article ever written. 🤦‍♀️

Obama Reaction GIF
Is anyone able to post the full article?

We need to get this guy back on board

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get it and all, but like, a minute or two had lapsed since Reid kicked the ball, should Williams have not re-picked Marshall back up by then if Reid was back in the stoppage trying to get the ball back? Why would a regular mid be sitting in the back 50 trying to man up the other teams ruck?

View attachment 2058473

This says a lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be more helpful to put in how many (what percentage) we're talking.

Otherwise some ignorant vAFL media type looks at it and says 'Why are WCE complaining? They've won more than anyone'. Point surely is to show how well the Vic teams do/don't do when away from their warm beds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the old channel 10 5 minute warning!! My god I was emotionally spent after that final siren!! We were cooked in those last 10 minutes, held on by the skin of our teeth.

Enjoy

Number of interstate finals played would be an interesting comparison.
By my count, 33 for us, so a little better than 36% win rate. 32 for Sydney at 28%. Should get a shot for at least one more this year too.

Just for shits and giggles, Carlton are 0 from 8 (4 at the Gabba, 2 here, and 2 at Stadium Australia - they've never played an away final in Adelaide)

---

Counted out a few more:

Adelaide 8/22 (36%)
Brisbane 6/13 (46%)
GWS 5/11 (45%)
Dogs 5/10 ( :think:)

...I'm gonna stop now...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back