News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Garry Lyon on On the Couch just now "Eagles fans asking why you don't talk about us on this show, that's why" and he points to a graphic of it being the fourth time this year we've ended a game with a score in the 30's. We're a flat out joke and the players keep getting away with it :tearsofjoy:

It’s also the 6th time we have conceded 8 plus goals for the opposition , the worst in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah suma didn't hear you moaning about Judd bursting form the centre square not hitting big Q or Hansen on the lead and slotting the goal instead...

FFS he is a 19 year old kid who has the ability to kick a goal from the centre square from the bounce...not many in the comp have that ability and this is his first year in senior football FFS ....if you are going to bag the mids ...perhaps have a go at shuey who is the midfield coach or Yeo and Kelly

If Reid bursts from the middle from a stoppage and is in the open and goes for goal.....so what ??....If he kicks a behind we should set up behind the ball and keep it in there for a repeated forward entry.....if he kicks it.....look what happened against Melbourne...burned off Petracca inspired his team mates and the crowd and guess what we got the win

Suma whingeing because the forwards not getting silver service ???? turn it up...perhaps they the forwards should work more to keep the ball in our forward line more instead of the opposition defence just waltzing it out when it hits the deck ?

You just quoted the difference .Judd would do it and kick the goal, Harley’s done it half a dozen times and kicked the goal once…. He doesn’t have to do everything by himself although you can understand with what he is working with that he might feel he needs to.

And everyone’s favourite weights In

Why would Cornes think Schofield is referring to Harley? He's a 19 year old first year player ffs. Blokes ****ing spanner.

Well we don’t know to be fair. We suspect it’s trew and Cornes could have shown about half a dozen of his and 3 of yeo’s poor efforts with Cripps.

One thing Cornes did show was our captains not putting in the effort and he is damn right about that. We are a bit rudderless with the chill out captains.

Yeo and Kelly decided that their first two days of the week were productive (last 2 weeks). Given its third day, they felt they deserved to take it easy given their efforts over previous few days. Thats not Cornes, that’s me talking.

Who do you think he was referring to ?
Would be very surprising for him to single out a 19yo in his first season as expecting him to 'do a job' on arguably the best mid in the comp.

Would be more directed at senior players, I imagine.

Reckon he'll be filthy with that play Darling, Cripps and Ryan completely ****ed up with only one Carlton player close.

Would be very surprising for him to single out a 19yo in his first season as expecting him to 'do a job' on arguably the best mid in the comp.

Would be more directed at senior players, I imagine.

Reckon he'll be filthy with that play Darling, Cripps and Ryan completely ****ed up with only one Carlton player close.

I said the same thing in the Harley Reid thread. I'm sure Schofield said hey go run around with Cripps for a bit to feel what it's like to play against a superstar of the game. There's no way he's potting a first year bloke for not doing a defensive job on him unless he specifically told Harley to sit on him for a quarter but isn't fit enough to do so.

I said the same thing in the Harley Reid thread. I'm sure Schofield said hey go run around with Cripps for a bit to feel what it's like to play against a superstar of the game. There's no way he's potting a first year bloke for not doing a defensive job on him unless he specifically told Harley to sit on him for a quarter but isn't fit enough to do so.
Yep, he's probably more filthy that a 19yo in his first season is our best mid and it's not even close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whateley and Slobbo described us as shameful and pathetic which is about where we are at.
Huh? How can WCE be shameful and pathetic when they said if Carlton won it'd be a win for the ages? David and Goliath level stuff, 300 Spartans, etc.

Surely they should've been in raptures over that instead?

You just quoted the difference .Judd would do it and kick the goal, Harley’s done it half a dozen times and kicked the goal once…. He doesn’t have to do everything by himself although you can understand with what he is working with that he might feel he needs to.

And everyone’s favourite weights In

Ok, forget Korn criticism of Harley, that's garbage.

But sadly, i am finding myself agreeing with Caro. The mighty WCE are an insipid and pathetic organisation. Just look at the leadership and management, how long it took to move Simpson on.

Complacent, lazy WA players on fat, long term contracts seeing their careers wind down.

The song... insipid, weak woke garbage and the management won't even make that simple change.

This club needs a brutal shake down. I've never been more embarrassed, and every game that goes by I grow to despise some of the hero's of 18 just that little bit more.

But sadly, i am finding myself agreeing with Caro. The mighty WCE are an insipid and pathetic organisation. Just look at the leadership and management, how long it took to move Simpson on.

Complacent, lazy WA players on fat, long term contracts seeing their careers wind down.

The song... insipid, weak woke garbage and the management won't even make that simple change.

This club needs a brutal shake down. I've never been more embarrassed, and every game that goes by I grow to despise some of the hero's of 18 just that little bit more.

Whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment, does Caro realise Pyke is now the CEO and it took him less than 6 months to move Simpson on?

He's hardly going to sack him on the first day when he's far too busy digging up the turf at MRP, after all.

Of course click bait Kane would focus on Harley instead of someone like Tim Kelly who is consistently a bigger letdown in both attack and defence.

I dunno. Being embarrassed by a footy club is pretty embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back