News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoeys getting a little on the nose these days to a few but this should be a good listen when the full eps out

I wonder if this is the reason why coaches are pulling out, the process is a bit too full on for them, specially when the team there working for is part of finals.

Tell me more. I didn't know this was a thing
Under the new TV deal which starts next season, Foxtel/Kayo will have their own broadcast for every game like they do in the NRL.

7 will still have their own commentators and graphics on the FTA broadcasts, but if you're watching on Foxtel/Kayo, you will get Fox graphics and commentary for every game.

And every game by proxy should be in 4K too, currently Kayo only shows games produced by Foxtel in 4K. Foxtel set-top boxes broadcast every game in 4K, but the games produced by Channel 7 are upscaled from the FTA telecast rather than being shot with 4K cameras.

I believe the exception is the Grand Final which will still be exclusive to 7.

If anyone is brave enough, braver than me... HoneyBadger35 belives North are shit enough.
Hammer Bray, on the Backchat poddy, said a couple of weeks ago he would match any bet, that North Melbourne, starting next year would win more Grand finals than west coast, in the 10 years including 2025.
The phrasing to me implies 1 each or even 0 each and you win.
nice 10 year long bet, put up a packet of smokes and some avocados now and be rich in 10 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under the new TV deal which starts next season, Foxtel/Kayo will have their own broadcast for every game like they do in the NRL.

7 will still have their own commentators and graphics on the FTA broadcasts, but if you're watching on Foxtel/Kayo, you will get Fox graphics and commentary for every game.

And every game by proxy should be in 4K too, currently Kayo only shows games produced by Foxtel in 4K. Foxtel set-top boxes broadcast every game in 4K, but the games produced by Channel 7 are upscaled from the FTA telecast rather than being shot with 4K cameras.

That's hot stuff. Fox have been pestering me to switch over to their set top box and abandon Foxtel Now, so I think I might just do that.

Considering what they didn't edit out with Justin langer, we might get some juicy insights.

Unfortunately that might have been the test case that's tightened things up a bit. Could largely depend on whether Schoey continues in his role at West Coast next year. In any case, Im not expecting a bitter outpouring from Simmo. He's smarter than that and will want to land another job.

That's hot stuff. Fox have been pestering me to switch over to their set top box and abandon Foxtel Now, so I think I might just do that.
I’ve got the box for $39 a month. Signed up about 3 years ago during a promo and whenever they try and put me back to the full price I just threaten to cancel it and get Kayo instead and they extend my discount for another 12 months.

I’ve got the new box that runs off the internet and doesn’t need a satellite dish. It’s great. No installation fee, just plug it in and connect to your Wifi and away you go.

I wonder if they will finally convince Gerrard Whateley to call for TV.

I wonder if they will finally convince Gerrard Whateley to call for TV.
Well he’d only have to be available for 8 games a week considering he’s never watching us again

In all seriousness I hope he does, I really enjoy listening to him on SEN.

Hagdorn lives!!

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Not a death threat btw.

Schoeys getting a little on the nose these days to a few but this should be a good listen when the full eps out

Seems like a more effective way of finding a coach than just ringing blokes from your rolodex while teams are too busy focused on the pointy ends of their seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back