News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Black 2003 GF would be up there.

Buckley 02

Joe Misiti 2000 QF... 41 possies 4 goals

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Muddy Waterman still has so much shit on his liver about West Coast.

Listening to him on Sports Talk this morning it’s hard to believe that his son is on the list but he’s still so negative about the club.

Listening to him on Sports Talk this morning it’s hard to believe that his son is on the list but he’s still so negative about the club.

I’ve heard him a bit lately and he’s been ok - he said this morning re Darling leaving that it would be good for him to have a fresh start after what’s been a few difficult years for him and other players. Which is fair

At other times he’s said, in relation to the new coach, that people are underestimating the talent already at West Coast and they’re not as far from turning it around as some might think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen fairly regularly (am doing so now)

What's he said? Haven't heard anything at all that would make you say that tbh

I’ve heard him a bit lately and he’s been ok - he said this morning re Darling leaving that it would be good for him to have a fresh start after what’s been a few difficult years for him and other players. Which is fair

At other times he’s said, in relation to the new coach, that people are underestimating the talent already at West Coast and they’re not as far from turning it around as some might think

How's the saying go? Things aren't always as good/bad as it seems? While I still think we're a year or two away from anything I hope bringing in some new, highly talented youngsters around number 9 and new fresh voice/coach that'll actually hold the players below average efforts accountable will definitely be a breath of fresh air the club needs.

The 2011 season will never be duplicated but I just wanna see the end of scoreless quarters/40 point games and players walking around while the oppo are streaming past in numbers. Hope the new coach flogs them in pre-season.

Those snippets weren’t too bad but he also said that the environment at the club hasn’t been great for the past few seasons, which puts Jake in an awkward situation as it implies he’s been feeding his dad information about internal disharmony, whether Jake’s own or others.

Then he said the club needs to drop the arrogance about thinking players are going to want to come to the club or something along those lines.

By all means he doesn’t have to be a cheerleader but reckon some of his opinions seem to have a tinge of bitterness remaining from his view the club didn’t handle Jake’s illness well last year. Snake himself seems to have forgiven the club, maybe a bit harder for his old man to do so.

I didn’t find him like that at all. Positive if anything. Said Darling would have found the last couple of years difficult.
Well that’s hardly surprising.

I find Will Schofield very negative but not Muddy Waterman.

Those snippets weren’t too bad but he also said that the environment at the club hasn’t been great for the past few seasons, which puts Jake in an awkward situation as it implies he’s been feeding his dad information about internal disharmony, whether Jake’s own or others.

Then he said the club needs to drop the arrogance about thinking players are going to want to come to the club or something along those lines.

By all means he doesn’t have to be a cheerleader but reckon some of his opinions seem to have a tinge of bitterness remaining from his view the club didn’t handle Jake’s illness well last year. Snake himself seems to have forgiven the club, maybe a bit harder for his old man to do so.
I think you’re reading too much into it. I didn’t detect his tone as bitter at all.

I thought he was speaking from concern not anger.

Can anyone jailbreak this which is no doubt non specific dribble coming from woodCOCK
West Coast having meetings early this week which could decide players fates. Nothing else remotely new in there.

Can anyone jailbreak this which is no doubt non specific dribble coming from woodCOCK

West Coast having meetings early this week which could decide players fates. Nothing else remotely new in there.

What Ochre said

Nothing new - still running with Culley being in negotiations for a new deal

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back