News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

No, seriously, what's a FOGO bin?

backyard-bbq-meat-grilling-guide-850x600_850x.jpg
Huh??

This is a FOGO kitchen caddy that Randwick Council decided we needed. I don’t mind it now. It goes in the Green FOGO bin with garden waste and gets collected each week. The red bin for all other rubbish gets collected every second week. We also have a yellow bin for recycling.

1727993142361.jpeg

Sad it's come to that, hopefully something amicable can be done for all parties.

It may be amicable.

I certainly don't know if it is but it may be in our interest to be sued as opposed to settle. I don't know if this is the case at all but I guess one scenario possible is a settlement for a football injury could come out of our soft cap or salary cap (that feels unlikely) but a damages order in court doesn't? It could also be covered by our insurance for an order of damages but not a settlement etc. etc.

With Venners i thought the club was ultra cautious with him after that head knock?

I think his immediate incident post-care left a fair bit to be desired IIRC. Sent home and suffered like 7 brain bleeds or something?

I think the rehab etc afterward was done to a high standard but the severity of his injury may have been impacted by the care he received in the first X hours type of thing.

I think his immediate incident post-care left a fair bit to be desired IIRC. Sent home and suffered like 7 brain bleeds or something?

I think the rehab etc afterward was done to a high standard but the severity of his injury may have been impacted by the care he received in the first X hours type of thing.
Mate that’s not even close to correct, probably not a great thing to speculate on without knowing the facts.

It was a horrendous injury and he was up against it from the outset which was 100% recognised at the time of the injury.

Whatever care he received was under direct advice from the AFL's concussion 'expert', who since turned out to be a complete fraud.

Mate that’s not even close to correct, probably not a great thing to speculate on without knowing the facts.

It was a horrendous injury and he was up against it from the outset which was 100% recognised at the time of the injury.

It's obviously a generalisation of the event...given I wasn't there but I think I have a reasonable basis for what I wrote.

Daniel suffered seven brain bleeds following a marking contest in round nine, 2019, against Melbourne at Optus Stadium, just months after he was, at 19, the youngest member of the 2018 premiership side. He went home that night but rang his parents in distress in the middle of the night. Peter recalled him saying: “My brain is going to explode”. The trauma was not diagnosed until the following day.

I'll wait for my apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won’t be getting an apology this is cannon fodder and you’re clearly out of your depth if your comments are based on that article.

Where in that article quoting his father does it say any of those “seven bleeds” occurred in the immediate phase after the event?

Where does it say an abnormality was demonstrated on the CT or MRI after the event but he was sent home anyway?

Have you seen the initial imaging and/or did you examine Daniel and are you in a position to make an informed comment on whether the initial assessment and treatment was reasonable?

You won’t be getting an apology this is cannon fodder and you’re clearly out of your depth if your comments are based on that article.

Where in that article quoting his father does it say any of those “seven bleeds” occurred in the immediate phase after the event?

Where does it say an abnormality was demonstrated on the CT or MRI after the event but he was sent home anyway?

Have you seen the initial imaging and/or did you examine Daniel and are you in a position to make an informed comment on whether the initial assessment and treatment was reasonable?

Nice melt.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back