No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pretty disturbing. You wonder how this can be true, but then if it is true how the hell can people act like that?

Unless the allegations are proven to be untrue or exaggerated I can't see how those mentioned survive, no matter how prominent they are. Will be following this closely.

Russel Jackson is reportedly a really good journalist and has seen the emails.

Think Josh might get some first hand education that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and that things can come unstuck quickly.

There isn’t some utopia football club where everything runs smoothly. They are all putting out spotfires regularly.
Fixed it for ya D16

Geez just read the article, that is bloody terrible stuff - I really can’t see how Clarko & Fagan keep their jobs.

I think us & WCE would have to be a bit worried too to see what else comes out in the fallout, any involvement/knowledge whatsoever would be the last thing we need whilst trying to rebuild our image/relationship with Indigenous people - you just bloody know the likes of Caro & Damo will be wetting themselves with joy at the potential of digging something up on Bevo

Geez just read the article, that is bloody terrible stuff - I really can’t see how Clarko & Fagan keep their jobs.

I think us & WCE would have to be a bit worried too to see what else comes out in the fallout, any involvement/knowledge whatsoever would be the last thing we need whilst trying to rebuild our image/relationship with Indigenous people - you just bloody know the likes of Caro & Damo will be wetting themselves with joy at the potential of digging something up on Bevo
Bevo was at Hawthorn for 3 seasons between 2012-14. Simpson from 2010-13.

The 3 mentioned in the story were at the club for different tenures but were all there at the same time between 2008-16. There might have been crossover with Bevo's time but not necessarily.

Bevo was at Hawthorn for 3 seasons between 2012-14. Simpson from 2010-13.

The 3 mentioned in the story were at the club for different tenures but were all there at the same time between 2008-16. There might have been crossover with Bevo's time but not necessarily.
Also, Clarko was senior coach and Fagan was head development coach and then general manager of football, so they'd be dealing with players off-field stuff.

Bevo was more of a line coach and dealing with on field stuff specifically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sincerely hope the club commits to investigating any involvement Bevo may have had in the incidents outlined in the report. The stories are heartbreaking and stink of systemic racism - we can't continue to abide by Indigenous players being profiled, exploited, and manipulated. I have always held Bevo in high regard but he has to stand up to scrutiny in this case, it's too important.

Why?

They'll just deny the allegation and it will get swept under the rug. This is the AFL boys club after all.

Willingly had Wayne Carey in commentary for many years.

I doubt the media and the public will let this all go away.

Seems like James Albert may have a new rival in the whatever-it-takes arena...

there’s something rotten in AFL house ….

This brings back memories of the all-boys Grammar school I attended in the 80s . Powerful middle aged male figures can normalise behaviour that’s completely screwed up. I’m not talking about sexual abuse ( though there was a bit of that ) ; more coercement into following norms.

It’s only when you leave the walls that you realise the behaviour wasn’t right at all. When you’re in the middle of it, you don’t complain because you’re too scared & you don’t even realise how disgusting it is.

That said , we still operate on the basis of innocent until proven guilty and the perpetrators have a right of reply . I’d like to see a court case ; maybe a public effort at restorative justice would be more appropriate if someone could bring the parties together.

I doubt the media and the public will let this all go away.

Seems like James Albert may have a new rival in the whatever-it-takes arena...
I'll be shocked if this isn't swept under the rug by the start of next season.

It's a cynical take that I don't like, but I'm just being realistic.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if this isn't swept under the rug by the start of next season.
You can't win in this industry.

If it's not swept under the rug, there will be some people who say, "I'm sick of hearing about it."

But if it's under reported or ignored, the same group of people will complain that it's swept under the rug.

You can't win in this industry.

If it's not swept under the rug, there will be some people who say, "I'm sick of hearing about it."

But if it's under reported or ignored, the same group of people will complain that it's swept under the rug.
I'm just being realistic. Ideally there's a full investigation and the perpetrators involved are stood down immediately and then sacked if it's true, but squashing scandal at a big club is on brand for the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back