No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon press is dumbass badmouthing ESADA - not going to help their cause. Good comments from Johnno re him saying their main concern is the welfare of the players, but what about their concern when they were being given the drugs??

Last edited:

Essendon press is dumbass badmouthing ESADA - not going to help their cause. Good comments about Johnno re him saying their main concern is the welfare of the players, but what about their concern when they were being given the drugs??
It was moronic to come out as Little did and spew up all that 'backs against the wall' and 'hung out to dry' rubbish. They're creating a myth that is only fooling their diehards and it's going to come down like a ton of bricks when the illusion is shattered.

But seriously, have to feel sorry for the players. I wouldn't give a damn if their club burned to the ground and their officials went to jail, but the players would be that rattled at the moment. Hope they can all pull through alright, it's a shit situation they've ended up in through so little fault of their own.

At the beginning of this saga i was hoping for some hard penalties for Essendon. I just don't care anymore and just want it over, I'm sick of hearing about it.
Especially when we have to watch their crap during OUR game.

I honestly just stop watching/listening/reading when it comes to ASADA nowadays, couldn't tell you anything about the current situation, I'm just sick to death of it. Get all the officials out of there, fire them, complete cleanout, get new people that weren't involved in it, leave the players alone because it wasn't their fault.

But it was a good Sunday. Collingwood lost, Saints lost, Essendon lost, Dogs won :D

I honestly just stop watching/listening/reading when it comes to ASADA nowadays, couldn't tell you anything about the current situation, I'm just sick to death of it. Get all the officials out of there, fire them, complete cleanout, get new people that weren't involved in it, leave the players alone because it wasn't their fault.

But it was a good Sunday. Collingwood lost, Saints lost, Essendon lost, Dogs won :D
It's been the best weekend. Watching the World Cup is good, win or loss (And 8am was the earliest I'd been up in about 7 months), Footscray knocked off ladder leaders Port, Honey kicked 5, I had my first nap in about 5 years after that, Norf imploded, St Kilda got walloped, Essendon lost and we ****ing won!

Nothing makes a weekend like a few good footy results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgraceful form by Channel 7 in naming Majak Daw in the sexual assault case that has just come out. If he did the crime then by all means he should be punished to the full extent of the law, but Channel 7 are simply after a headline and in doing so have completely tarnished an innocent man's name (by the letter of the law, innocent until proven guilty). Completely unnecessary, the guy hasn't even been charged with anything yet let alone trialled and convicted.

Guaranteed it's a cash grab by the girl who's crying out.

Especially since Majak would've just turned 17 at the time.
I wouldn't say that, nobody really knows and until you know facts it would be unfair to take any side. Terrible situation though, either he's done it and a young girl has suffered or he hasn't done it and his name has been dragged through the mud by headline grabbing journalists. Nobody wins. Why couldn't they just keep it out of the papers until he was actually charged (or even be found guilty)?

I wouldn't say that, nobody really knows and until you know facts it would be unfair to take any side. Terrible situation though, either he's done it and a young girl has suffered or he hasn't done it and his name has been dragged through the mud by headline grabbing journalists. Nobody wins. Why couldn't they just keep it out of the papers until he was actually charged (or even be found guilty)?
Unfortunately I think we all know the answer to this. In today's social-media obsessed society, you seem more reputable if you're the first to break a story, which will lead to better jobs and, the same thing that fuels a lot of people, more money.

Unfortunately I think we all know the answer to this. In today's social-media obsessed society, you seem more reputable if you're the first to break a story, which will lead to better jobs and, the same thing that fuels a lot of people, more money.
I think the main issue is that nobody holds them accountable to what they report. Majak was interviewed on May 25, that's over 3 weeks ago. The media knew about it then (having spoken to him in the days beforehand) but didn't report it at the time, obviously Channel 7 ratings must be down since.

EFC goes bang

THE Victorian WorkCover Authority has been asked to investigate the supplement programs at all Victorian AFL clubs over claims that players’ health has been put at risk.
Documents sent to the workplace authority accuse the clubs of failing to protect players’ welfare. The documents list Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...essendon-scandal/story-fni0fit3-1226957776752

Asked by who? Essendon?

Seems their entire case is based on deflecting all responsibility and instead challenging the legality of the investigation and making claims that other clubs are doing it. Unbelievable.

If I see even one of their supporters make some triumphant comment because other clubs are doing it, I'll spew up. Just encouraging a culture of denial. Be interesting to see what comes of this if any of it's true, anyway.

Wow, if that really is EFC behind that move it will make them the long term bitter enemies of 9 AFL clubs.

It would be a very low and petty thing to do, especially after an AFL audit has already cleared those clubs. Very poorly thought out, I'd suggest.

It's like some naughty kid at school who gets caught ratting on all his supposed mates just to dilute the blame a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back