Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game. Thought the dees almost deserved to hold on. Gallant effort. Brissy a bit underwhelming again, after looking so impressive last week.

I think Lions are a top 4 team, so this is a critical 4 points. Relying on other teams for our ladder position doesn't interest me.

That game was a calamity of skill errors.

Either neither of the teams tonight are contenders or if either is the standard of the league has way fallen.

Good game. Thought the dees almost deserved to hold on. Gallant effort. Brissy a bit underwhelming again, after looking so impressive last week.
With Viney and Kosi, Demons were in the game, but the better team that dominated most facets, won the game

With Viney and Kosi, Demons were in the game, but the better team that dominated most facets, won the game
Thought it was pretty even and thought brissy a bit disappointing actually. Expected them to win comfortably. I thought they were coming but not sure- their run home is a mixed bag.

That game was a calamity of skill errors.

Either neither of the teams tonight are contenders or if either is the standard of the league has way fallen.
You have been consistently saying that since preseason. Maybe true. Nevertheless, these are teams we will struggle to beat the way we are performing, so it's a moot point. In the last 7 weeks, we are the 15th best team, so let's fix us before canning teams above us. We are still above Demons at present.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was pretty even and thought brissy a bit disappointing actually. Expected them to win comfortably. I thought they were coming but not sure.
High pressure game, lots at stake, mistakes bound to happen. They have been poor at home.

You have been consistently saying that since preseason. Maybe true. Nevertheless, these are teams we will struggle to beat the way we are performing, so it's a moot point. In the last 7 weeks, we are the 15th best team, so let's fix us before canning teams above us. We are still above Demons at present.

We will struggle to beat them unless we play better thats for sure.

Im just saying even the good teams this year seem to be all effort and a lack of skill. The quality of the league seems to have flattened out a lot to my eye.

We will struggle to beat them unless we play better thats for sure.

Im just saying even the good teams this year seem to be all effort and a lack of skill. The quality of the league seems to have flattened out a lot to my eye.

It's been on a downward trend for a few years now...too many teams the obvious answer. It's also no coincidence some teams have fallen in a heap since the rule changes a month or so ago. Us in particular...training all preseason one way, having to stop and then play catch-up. Crazy way to run a comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back