Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez they are honestly the best team in the league the second half of the season..their run of form has been insane. 10 goal + wins on a regular basis for a while now. Percentage has gone from something like in the low 90’s to 118.

They could easily go all the way

They will run out of puff as they have too many kids that dont know finals heat but long term they are really good.

They need a complete clean out from the top. Clarkson was always the wrong choice. List manager and recruiting is shocking. Let there key back walk when it was a position with no coverage and no attempt to find a real replacement - just a complete mess of a club

Clarkson is neither here or there their list mgt is the real issue.

I think a finance guru would go into the marginal value add of pickett over sweating the current assets and conclude the investment was an inefficient use of capital
It depends on how much capital was being used.

He is the rare small forward who is also a highly competent midfielder.

Value add is material.

Wonder what the record is for the highest average winning margin for a round.

Thus far this weekend we've had:

• Collingwood by 46.
  • Hawthorn by 124.
  • Geelong by 93.
  • Gold Coast by 28.

Currently the Swans are ahead by 51 midway through the 3rd term, and Brisbane by 46 at 3/4 time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man that is going to be a roller-coaster memoir. Playing alongside TK in the WAFL, seeing TK drafted to the Cats, getting picked up by Richmond and debuting in a GF, having a stellar start to a career go slowly downhill until you're winning the spoon on retirement, then you're answering awkward questions in front of a magistrate

"you might have been wondering how I got into this situation" intro to series goes here
He was answering awkward questions in front of a magistrate before footy, too

I just think the value add depends hugely on the player you force out and I don't think that would meet the marginal cost of the trade when we have other priorities
Do you mean the player forced out of the team? Or player forced off the list?

I always just assume that injuries and form drops are going to happen and that you will always find a place on your team for quality players.

Pickett is like a better and younger version of Mannagh. Imagine those 2 working together, switching between mid and forward. It would be dynamic.

I always just assume that injuries and form drops are going to happen and that you will always find a place on your team for quality players.

Pickett is like a better and uounger version of Mannagh. Imagine those 2 working together, switching between mid and forward. It would be dynamic.
Out of the team but could be both if someone loses opportunity.

Pickett is like a better and younger version of Mannagh. Imagine those 2 working together, switching between mid and forward. It would be dynamic.

We're stacked for small forward who can get up the ground. You'd be forcing one of Mannagh or Close out of the 22. The benefit is the difference between lets say Close and Pickett, but you'd be paying the full price to get him, especially as he is contracted and young.

We're stacked for small forward who can get up the ground. You'd be forcing one of Mannagh or Close out of the 22. The benefit is the difference between lets say Close and Pickett, but you'd be paying the full price to get him, especially as he is contracted and young.
Pickett is a way better midfielder than all of our small forwards. He wouldn’t force out any of them, he would play a lot of midfield and also be dangerous up forward.

Pickett is a way better midfielder than all of our small forwards. He wouldn’t force out any of them, he would play a lot of midfield and also be dangerous up forward.
I would prefer to recruit a midfielder with the resources that Pickett would require as it is something we need.

And no not a part time mid like Pickett a full time mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back