Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a number of women who would be living with a y - chromosome who don't even realise it, in all walks of life. They have vaginas, fallopian tubes and uteruses and can have children. The reason they have the female phenotype is because the y chromosome isn't expressed, due to other upstream genetic differences. It really isn't as simple as xx = female and xy = male. Is the expression of the y chromosome which causes masculine phenotypes.

If they did these DNA tests before the Olympics as like a requirement of entry and said if you have a Y chromosome it disqualifies you to compete in women's events, would that solve some problems?
It’s all up to the sports apparently.
I heard James Magnusson saying if she was a swimmer she wouldn’t be allowed to compete.

If they did these DNA tests before the Olympics as like a requirement of entry and said if you have a Y chromosome it disqualifies you to compete in women's events, would that solve some problems?
Would be hard on the women with y chromosomes, which is why they stopped testing in the first place and went to phenotypical assessment instead.

Individual intersex conditions are individually very rare, but overall being intersex is more common than having red hair. And a huge number wouldn't realise and would live their life as a man or woman.

There’s be hundreds of triathlons events in Brisbane each year. I think with Paris they wanted it in the river to make a statement which has kinda backfired.
Their river has pretty cool backdrops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be hard on the women with y chromosomes, which is why they stopped testing in the first place and went to phenotypical assessment instead.

Individual intersex conditions are individually very rare, but overall being intersex is more common than having red hair. And a huge number wouldn't realise and would live their life as a man or woman.
So you’re saying ban red heads?

I’m asking a question, as it could give someone a significant advantage.
Having bigger lungs or more muscular thighs or webbed feet are an advantage in some things too. Everyone at the Olympics is genetically gifted

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back