Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not often we flog the purples, go 2 games clear in the top 4, and I feel depressed.

Today is just one big, massive, f**k off negative. On par with NicNat's knee the other week.
probably the dirtiest incident involving an Eagles player ever. Maybe Judds eye-gouges were worse but Gaffs punch will never be forgotten and its put a dark cloud over the rest of our season and what was a cracking weekend of footy.

probably the dirtiest incident involving an Eagles player ever. Maybe Judds eye-gouges were worse but Gaffs punch will never be forgotten and its put a dark cloud over the rest of our season and what was a cracking weekend of footy.

He was 2 inches away from a fine. Dude was an idiot for even thinking it was ok to throw it. Stupid stupid boy.

He was 2 inches away from a fine. Dude was an idiot for even thinking it was ok to throw it. Stupid stupid boy.
You could say that about any horrific strike that lands people in trouble. 2 inches away doesnt change the outcome or the intent. Gaff's in deep shit.

Positives:
Win
Vardy and Lycett getting 4 goals combined good stuff.
Rioli and Ryan both looked dangerous and the forward line was very good today without Kennedy.
Negatives.
Gaff. Why did you do that? I don't know what we are going to do now with our midfield again. Crazy stuff.

You could say that about any horrific strike that lands people in trouble. 2 inches away doesnt change the outcome or the intent. Gaff's in deep shit.

It doesn't change the outcome, but i don't think the intent was as anywhere near as malicious as the outcome.

But you clench a fist and swing it and you wear the consequences.

+ Forward line looks good but it was against a shambles defense.
+ Ball movement was ok.
+ Got some value from the 2 rucks with 4 goals between them.
+ Our defense was solid, again.
+ Love beating the purples.
+ People have already forgotten about Sam Mitchell and why he is leaving.

- Shep had his 150 over shaddowed.
- Our contested game was quite poor. Do that in the finals and we exit early.
- I'm really flat, flatter than the NN injury because our fairest player just put a kid in hospital. I mean who isn't confused and sad at the moment?
- Get ready to brace for the media shitstorm attacking the culture at the WCE. They must be chomping at the bit to bum**** us so close to the finals.

It doesn't change the outcome, but i don't think the intent was as anywhere near as malicious as the outcome.

But you clench a fist and swing it and you wear the consequences.
Watching slo-mo it looks like an attempted punch to the chest which instead landed flush on Brayshaws chin. You can see Gaffs fist is much lower than his shoulder on impact, but with Brayshaw lowering down simultaneously the end result is broken jaw and missing teeth. It’s like speeding on the road and having a traumatic accident. Gaff took a risk and now he’s gonna pay the consequences.

Maybe this will kick the AFL into action to outlaw any closed fists strikes. It’s a strange loophole that it’s ok to punch a bloke in the arm or chest without tribunal consequences. If you outlaw all strikes to the body this type of accident won’t happen again.

IMHO it's in Gaff's interests for the tribunal not to watch it in slo-mo. In real time he can make the argument that he didn't expect Brayshaw to be that low down, but in slow motion it looks more intentional.
I don’t think the tribunal will care about any argument. The end result is a teenager in hospital with a broken jaw and missing teeth. Gaffs goneski whether he intended to punch his head or not. Dont think any leniency will be afforded.

I don’t think the tribunal will care about any argument. The end result is a teenager in hospital with a broken jaw and missing teeth. Gaffs goneski whether he intended to punch his head or not. Dont think any leniency will be afforded.
The teenager angle really shits me - it's all over the place on twitter, "he was only 18, disgusting!!!!". So AFL players should temper their playing style based on the age and experience of their opponents? It's the Naitanui tackle all over again - players shouldn't be expected to make split second decisions based on the perceived abilities of other players.

Here's footage of Gaff himself as a teenager getting cleaned up unnecessarily, I don't remember anyone having a sook about it then.

Hopefully you never have to wintness one of your kids getting a broken jaw...

Feel bad for Andrew and the Brayshaw clan.

Also feel bad for gaff because I really don't think he meant it, but he will rightly so cop a lengthy spell. I just hope the AFL media don't go after his character.
His brother Hamish Brayshaw is on West Coast's playing list. Hmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he is 18. Without an ounce of malice in his bones. There was just no reason for gaff to do it. It was just weird. And it might have just derailed your finals campaign. For a player whos moving to melbourne anyway. I think he has done you an incredible disservice. You will be booing him next year.

Yeah he is 18. Without an ounce of malice in his bones. There was just no reason for gaff to do it. It was just weird. And it might have just derailed your finals campaign. For a player whos moving to melbourne anyway. I think he has done you an incredible disservice. You will be booing him next year.
we need to deal with facts he was slap punching gaff to stop his run - its illegal and he was coached to do it - gaff retaliated without is usually control. they both pay the price

Ryan's best game today I reckon. Got front and centre and worked hard up the park. I think his stint at East **** has done him well

Personally i just think Gaff horrifically misjudged one of those sharp chips to the chest or shoulder players do :handfist:

Our fairest and meekest player randomly goes BANG onto a kids jaw when we're cruising 5 goals up without any hint of provocation?

I mean shit, he runs for charity each game and was wearing a barista hat this week and serving coffees to do his part for Dig Deep Round. Makes no sense.

The only conclusion i can draw, is that he was genuinely possessed by the devil :shrug:

So much hate towards us on the main board. Will be awesome to win a flag and stick it to those aresholes.

His brother Hamish Brayshaw is on West Coast's playing list. Hmm
Yeah what a shit position for Hamish. I would be filthy if someone did that to my family member, regardless of intention.

And I imagine the boys would get around gaff and support him which would just be a very tough few days for Hamish.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for young Andy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back