Preview Pre season 2012/13 starts....now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys have always had one of the best Strength & Conditioning departments in the AFL. Every year, im in awe of just how good your players look :thumbsu:

Sorry to butt in :)

That's OK but please bear in mind that all Crows supporters are just as buff as our players and it's natural to feel intiminated. In fact I'm carrying a spare tyre just now.

A favor

Anyone going to training over the next couple of weeks can you please report on Kerridge, I' keep hearing that Kerridge is flying and it would be good to get an update on Kerridge through training reports

I was all pumped to head down tomorrow, but then the weather forecast happened. And after how burnt I got last time I went to training, I'm gonna give it a miss.

Was all ready to use my new camera too :(

Will likely go next week if the weather cools down.
You don't like standing under the trees?

Adelaide Crows (@Adelaide_FC):
Sloaney out in front in a 5-minute run which was eventually won by Tim McIntyre #gocrows #icevestsoutinforce

Adelaide Crows (@Adelaide_FC):
For those asking, 1st year players are at the AFLPA induction & the coach is on his honeymoon - probably tracking the GPS numbers! #gocrows

VB didn't win the 5 minute run? Well I'll be...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe He's holding back to give some of the others some confidence? :p

He hasn't even started yet. When he does, he will go so fast he'll travel back in time and beat McIntyre.

Ok ladies and gents I headed down as it was my last day of holidays and I stood in the shade all 3 hours they were slugging it out on the track.
I didn't bring my camera today as I wanted to pay more attention to drills this time.

All the new recruits added to the list this year were missing as they had the AFL player induction day in Melbourne.

A few players were on light duties Danger, VB, LT, Gus, Joyce, Shaw. In a mini game JJ got crunched in a pack (probably winded) and although he continued on for a while, he left the track early to head back inside the rooms.

It looked like Bicks and Bailey were incharge today as Sando is still away.

Near the end of the session the players were broken up into 3 groups (defence, midfield, forward). These groups should give a fair indication on where the players are likely to play this year when in the team.

DEFENCE- Bling, Radar, DT, Brown, Otto, Truck, CEY, Smith

FORWARD - LJ, Tex, Bernie, Pup, Lynch, Smack, Nutter, Hendo, Tmac, Orval

MIDS - Crouch, Thomo, Sloane, Sauce, Dougy, Keg, Lyons, Riley, Wrighty, Dowdell

The players not named are the ones I can't recall what group they were in.

I was really impressed with the way Bling went about it today. It was the first time I can remember seeing him use his pace and really back himself in. There was one passage of play that excited me and what I have wanted to see him do since we recruited him. In the mini game he marked the ball about 70 metres out from his goal in the middle. He had his back to the goal and he had Dowdell running next to him for the handball recieve (which Bling will normally give off). Instead he quickly turned around and burst toward goal and kicked the goal from about 55m. Through out the entire session his kicking was precise and his voice to demanded the ball and encourage others really stood out.

Feel free to ask any questions

I was really impressed with the way Bling went about it today. It was the first time I can remember seeing him use his pace and really back himself in. There was one passage of play that excited me and what I have wanted to see him do since we recruited him. In the mini game he marked the ball about 70 metres out from his goal in the middle. He had his back to the goal and he had Dowdell running next to him for the handball recieve (which Bling will normally give off). Instead he quickly turned around and burst toward goal and kicked the goal from about 55m. Through out the entire session his kicking was precise and his voice to demanded the ball and encourage others really stood out.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: been a long wait for Bling

Many thanks for report ......any other standouts? ....Riley, Kerridge, Lyons??

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: been a long wait for Bling

Many thanks for report ......any other standouts? ....Riley, Kerridge, Lyons??

Riley and Lyons didn't do anything wrong but I can't say I really noticed anything that made me keep a eye on them. Keg looked good again, Always toward the front in the running and he has such a good voice on the track for only a second year player.

While I think about it JJ really stood out with his leadership and want to encourage his team mates. Early on the squad were broken into 2 groups for the 5 min run. JJ was in the 1st group, but as the second group finished and were heading back toward the vans for drinks he made a point to get to most players in that group just to give them a little encouragement for the effort they put in.

Ok ladies and gents I headed down as it was my last day of holidays and I stood in the shade all 3 hours they were slugging it out on the track.
I didn't bring my camera today as I wanted to pay more attention to drills this time.

All the new recruits added to the list this year were missing as they had the AFL player induction day in Melbourne.

A few players were on light duties Danger, VB, LT, Gus, Joyce, Shaw. In a mini game JJ got crunched in a pack (probably winded) and although he continued on for a while, he left the track early to head back inside the rooms.

It looked like Bicks and Bailey were incharge today as Sando is still away.

Near the end of the session the players were broken up into 3 groups (defence, midfield, forward). These groups should give a fair indication on where the players are likely to play this year when in the team.

DEFENCE- Bling, Radar, DT, Brown, Otto, Truck, CEY, Smith

FORWARD - LJ, Tex, Bernie, Pup, Lynch, Smack, Nutter, Hendo, Tmac, Orval

MIDS - Crouch, Thomo, Sloane, Sauce, Dougy, Keg, Lyons, Riley, Wrighty, Dowdell

The players not named are the ones I can't recall what group they were in.

Thanks so much.

Good on Bling....its pre season and he has as much right as anyone to stake his claim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre season 2012/13 starts....now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back