Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Will the Crouch brothers be ins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though we won that game by a decent margin, a number of players were exposed and they deserve to be dropped.

Out: Van Berlo, Henderson, Thompson, Brown (if injured)
In: Laird, M. Crouch, B. Crouch, Wigg (if Brown is injured)

• Van Berlo confirmed today he is not AFL standard. I suspect he will stay in the team with his 20+ disposals though :(. I'd bring in Laird for him
  • Henderson is just shit. Get him out for a proper midfielder. B. Crouch shouldn't have been dropped and has once again torn up the SANFL so I'd bring him in. He can play outside (or Sloane can or Douglas can) instead of Hendo
  • Thompson is cooked. Looked slow and several steps off the pace against a terrible Gold Coast side. He should be rested for M. Crouch
  • Cheney was garbage. Kelly has had nearly 30 touches in the SANFL. Lets bring him back in.
  • If Brown is injured we can bring Wigg in.
Chopping Block: Cheney. If Kelly can reproduce his SANFL form in the future we could see Cheney gone.

Of course we're never going to make 5 changes to a winning side. The only change we're going to see is:

Out: Brown (ankle)
In: Laird

Last edited:

Whoever dropped Brad Crouch is a ****ing moron. He's clearly too good for SANFL and there's no reason to play him there.

Today he had 36 touches, (19 kicks 17 handballs), 6 marks, 5 tackles, 11 clearances, 3 inside 50s. And he will continue to do so from now until eternity if he remains there.

On top of that we have a bye next week and we just have to keep getting Brad Crouch into good, AFL form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though we won that game by a decent margin, a number of players were exposed and they deserve to be dropped.

Out: Van Berlo, Henderson, Thompson, Cheney, Brown (if injured)
In: Laird, M. Crouch, B. Crouch, Kelly, Wigg (if Brown is injured)

• Van Berlo confirmed today he is not AFL standard. I suspect he will stay in the team with his 20+ disposals though :(. I'd bring in Laird for him
  • Henderson is just shit. Get him out for a proper midfielder. B. Crouch shouldn't have been dropped and has once again torn up the SANFL so I'd bring him in. He can play outside (or Sloane can or Douglas can) instead of Hendo
  • Thompson is cooked. Looked slow and several steps off the pace against a terrible Gold Coast side. He should be rested for M. Crouch
  • Cheney was garbage. Kelly has had nearly 30 touches in the SANFL. Lets bring him back in.
  • If Brown is injured we can bring Wigg in.
Chopping Block: No one. Everyone that was poor gets dropped.

Of course we're never going to make 5 changes to a winning side. The only change we're going to see is:

Out: Brown (ankle)
In: Laird

4 changes down back unlikely

B.Crouch must come in, dropping him was the dumbest thing this club has done this season. Dominating the SANFL won't achieve anything he needs to play constiently at afl level under afl intensity, today would have been a perfect opportunity with errors not as costly...

In - B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Laird

Out - Henderson, Cheney, Thompson (Rested)

I know the changes aren't 100% like for like but Henderson does **** all defensively anyway. VB moves into cheneys role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Back