Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Will the Crouch brothers be ins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thompson needs a rest and should have been rested this week
M crouch should be back, so could replace thommo, but I doubt it will happen.

Hopefully Laird is ok to replace vb. Think it may be time to try Kelly instead of Cheney.

Hopefully Brown isn't injured so if he isnt.....

OUT

VB- Was nowhere near as bad as some here would have us believe but Laird is star quality.

Henderson- If you combined the aboves toughness and willingness to put his body on the line with Hendos footskill and speed you have a passable footballer

Thommo- Stuck in the mud today and just looks like he's teetering on the edge.

IN

Laird- Toughness and composure.... no, really.

Mrouch- If fit he comes in for Thommo.

Kelly- Deserves a shot to see whether he's good enough.

I'll probably chop and change my thoughts during the week and theres a number of others who are walking the tightrope.

Outs
Thommo ( managed), VB, Cheney
Ins
B Crouch Laird Kelly

Matt Crouch unlucky but Lyons needs to stay
20 disposals against a severely depleted midfield and only 3 clearances??

Matt could do that in his sleep against such poor opposition.

Only way Lyons plays before Matt Crouch [if fit] is if Thommo is rested.

Out of about 10 attempts Henderson gave the required effort ONCE (last quarter members side)…pathetic. Not hurting the opposition with run or disposal….Wigg would be a massive improvement.

van Berlo was putrid for 3 quarters, then got some junk time stats. But honestly those first 3 quarters were laughable….if we are not willing to restructure then he must be replaced by a defender. Obviously Laird if fit and ready. If not then Kelly or Doedee come in. Why the hell are we wasting time?

The midfield was still pretty poor. Thompson should be dropped (but won't). I'd bring in Brad Crouch but yeah it won't happen. So CEY for me.

IN: Wigg, Laird, B Crouch
OUT: Henderson, van Berlo, Thompson

B.Crouch must come in, dropping him was the dumbest thing this club has done this season. Dominating the SANFL won't achieve anything he needs to play constiently at afl level under afl intensity, today would have been a perfect opportunity with errors not as costly...

In - B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Laird

Out - Henderson, Cheney, Thompson (Rested)

I know the changes aren't 100% like for like but Henderson does **** all defensively anyway. VB moves into cheneys role.
No way! But agree re Hendo sadly.

Do the coaches see this and just ignore it? Its baffling.

I honestly don't know. We don't need Henderson in the side as a run and carry player: we have plenty of them already (Smith, Seedsman, Atkins, Cameron, Milera) so he needs to provide something else, which he doesn't.

Lyons disposal was very effective (I don't have the stats but it looks very constructive to me)…in that respect he differs from Crouch and Thompson.

Lyons disposal was very effective (I don't have the stats but it looks very constructive to me)…in that respect he differs from Crouch and Thompson.
Yeah, like he'll have the time and space to execute against the GWS....Not

Big difference between the today's midfield opposition and the Bulldogs and Cats mids surely you get that??

Didn't play exact same role

And he kicks well rather than handballs - a real difference to our ball movement

Matt crouch unlucky but Lyons been unlucky in the past , I'd be just as happy if they dropped Douglas instead but won't happen

Henderson for Brad Crouch probably won't happen, but Henderson was average and Crouch needs the game time. Crouch could get 35+ in his sleep in the SANFL at this point and with no game this week, he needs to get time under his belt.
Out
VB
Thompson
Henderson

In
Laird
M Crouch
B Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VB, Hendo, Thommo and Cheney. Brown if injured.

Matt Crouch will probably come straight back in, Laird too if he's ready. Can't see us bringing Brad straight back in, but if we do then should be for Thommo and not Lyons. Wigg in if Brown is injured, jelly will probably need more than one good game to get a call up.

In: BOB, Laird

Out: Van Berlo, Henderson

I doubt we'd bring both Crouch brothers back at once. One of them in with either Milera, Lyons or Douglas making way. Hopefully Douglas. Was very hopeful that Dougie would step up this season in the absence of Dangerfield but it's been the opposite. Looks slow and has lost his kicking penetration, which was a strength.

Hopefully Laird for VB but it seemed from Noble's interview on 5aa that the following week is more likely.

Absolute must find a way to get Henderson out of the team. He doesn't even pretend to try defensively.

Chopping Block: Cheney. If Kelly can reproduce his SANFL form in the future we could see Cheney gone.

Of course we're never going to make 5 changes to a winning side. The only change we're going to see is:

Out: Brown (ankle)
In: Laird
Kelly had a ripper game today in the SANFL going by the stats .....all time possession count ....wonder if he played a different role?

Didn't play exact same role

And he kicks well rather than handballs - a real difference to our ball movement

Matt crouch unlucky but Lyons been unlucky in the past , I'd be just as happy if they dropped Douglas instead but won't happen
And how many of those kicks were actually in the heat of the midfield contest??

People people people VB will not be dropped, even with my VB hate glasses I thought he played OK, as he should of. Therefore using my powers of deduction, and seeing as he played way worse and was kept/brought in he wont be dropped. Think Hendo or Cheney for Laird/Brouch. BTW great decision playing Brouch in the SANFL, causal BOG meaning absolutley F-ALL. Good one again campo/noble...another master-stroke in our vanilla match comittee as shown below.
upload_2016-5-21_17-42-57.jpeg upload_2016-5-21_17-43-7.jpeg

Whoever dropped Brad Crouch is a ******* moron. He's clearly too good for SANFL and there's no reason to play him there.

Today he had 36 touches, (19 kicks 17 handballs), 6 marks, 5 tackles, 11 clearances, 3 inside 50s. And he will continue to do so from now until eternity if he remains there.

On top of that we have a bye next week and we just have to keep getting Brad Crouch into good, AFL form
blame Kane McGoodwin .....he demanded it

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Back