Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Will the Crouch brothers be ins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke dropped vb after round 1 where it was obvious to everyone apart from the selection committee we needed another tall.

Apart from this admission they made a mistake which other senior player has felt the wrath of our last 4 poor midfield performances?

Surely they've felt the wrath behind closed doors...... I agree with you though. More heads should have rolled at selection. Laird healthy will mean someone will have to go anyway. That someone will be VB.

Still doesn't mean he can't be a leader. He's still in the group, he's a former skipper and a respected clubman. As for him 'being embarrassed', I reckon there'd be a few ahead of him in that sense.

I've no problem with him being a leader, he was voted by his team mates preseason. I object to him sliding it into an interview as if to remind the listeners of his status. What he effectively did was to identify him and Talia as being something different to the rest of the defensive group. I've heard players refer to others in these capacities but this is the first time I've heard a player remind everyone of their own status. Especially when they've spent the best part of 2 months in the 2's and only got a gig due to injuries.

Tex tells us he's skipper all the time, alot of players mention how they're seen as leaders in their groups.

Tex tells us he's skipper all the time, alot of players mention how they're seen as leaders in their groups.
I think the point is that it might be a good time for Nathan to reflect on his poor season to date and focus on just keeping his spot, rather than focussing on any elevated status he might enjoy as a leader

I think the point is that it might be a good time for Nathan to reflect on his poor season to date and focus on just keeping his spot, rather than focussing on any elevated status he might enjoy as a leader
I dont see it as an issue. I think people love to nitpick, we all do.

Maybe. I think it's a well made point though.
Maybe, again I dont see it as a huge issue in isolation. If we keep hearing it as justification should he stay in the side thats when we have an issue.

What have the crouch brothers done? Have they told campo to **** off as well?
Without knowing, I doubt the two of them and Campo are best buddies.

Say what you will about Wrighty, VB and D-Mac - I'm sure they know which side their bread is buttered on. They have smarts the Crouch brothers almost certainly lack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The beauty of it is you can't see or measure leadership. So no one will know afterwards if he did a good job or not.

You can see finger pointing and there will be lots of that no doubt.
Can't imagine where we would have been without his leadership in defence against North. Those young, frustrated players would given away even more goals than they did.

The beauty of it is you can't see or measure leadership.
I reckon you can in many ways; but it would appear NvB agrees with you because he hasn't shown anything tangible since he kicked that clutch goal from the boundary over in the west few years back.
Smacking in harder for the ball in the first few plays shows leadership and sets the standard for the rest of the night and team. I just want to see him do it once.

I don't think the selection is unreasonable. If you're going to bring either of the Crouches in then who are you going to leave out?
It can't be VB or Henderson because they're defenders.
Can't be Sloane. Can't be Douglas he was in the Best Players last week.
Can't be Lyons he deserves his spot.
Dropping Thompson is tricky - there's got to be some leeway for someone approaching 300 games.
If you want to drop VB or Henderson then you've got to bring in a defender and they are the two best options.
Kelly and the Crouches are emergencies and Bob's your uncle.

When the 2 Crouch boys went out, the ins were VB and Lyons. You can't logically argue that one of them cannot replace VB.

Henderson should not be in the side because he's not worth a second thought as a defender and he's the 5th best wingman in our current 22. That's a slightly separate issue.

Sloane stays. I've got no issues with Thommo in either.

Lyons adds something with his clearance ability and good ball use.

Why not Milera at half back? His ability with the ball has been his calling card in his brief AFL career; his ability to find it enough needs work. Why not let him loose to follow a smart small forward to bring him to the contest?

Why not Douglas to use his ability to run a straight line at the back of the square? Or drop him altogether?

There are options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not many mention anything positive about Cheney, but he seemed to win every one-on-one against him who must not be mentioned in the Geelong match! One of the main problems is that the team defence means he has many different opponents in the same match, some of them complete physical mismatches.
That's his main problem. Gets bucketloads of goals kicked on him. Has 3 or 4 excellent efforts a game. But still gets a mountain of goals kicked on him every week.

I don't care about your sexuality because thats your business and noone elses but because you're the simpleton questioning my intelligence if you could read between the lines, van Berlos biceps would be the only thing worth looking at for 4 quarters because it doesn't look like he is playing football.

Think twice before you call someone a homophobe when they aren't.

That's not your best work

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Back