Review R16: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather 2024 be a massive failure with 2025 getting us back on the path to success, than have 2024 and 2025 as moderate failures.

Everything coming out of the club points to the latter
Maybe the right path to success doesn't require us to be a massive failure this year?

Cheering for a massive failure of a year is wanting us to tear it down and start another six to ten years of rebuild.

GWS are a very talented side, and our best beat them. Sydney are the best in the comp, and our best was more than competitive with them. Same with Collingwood.

Maybe we should be looking to improve and see winning as what we want to do, instead of looking to nuke it all?

I never get this happy clapper logic.

I’d much rather see Nicks hold the cup than be right that he’s a dud. The latter is what we’re dealing with though.
No, people are actively cheering for losses. The only question is why.

And if wanting to win is now happy clappers behaviour, then we might as well f***ing give up.

The reality is we're going to finish with probably 7.5-8.5 wins. We should beat the Saints, Showdown 50/50 and maybe one of the Hawks or Dogs ,(especially if the Hyde version of the Dogs show up).

This will result in 14th and pick #5. If we continue to pump games into Dowling, Taylor bring in Curtin and Ryan, phase out Murphy and TT ends the season strongly, then getting a couple of wins while still maintaining a strong hand isn't a bad thing, at least it gives us something looking forward to moving ahead.

The main downside is maintaining Nicks, but the reality is he wasn't going anywhere.

The reality is we're going to finish with probably 7.5-8.5 wins. We should beat the Saints, Showdown 50/50 and maybe one of the Hawks or Dogs ,(especially if the Hyde version of the Dogs show up).

This will result in 14th and pick #5. If we continue to pump games into Dowling, Taylor bring in Curtin and Ryan, phase out Murphy and TT ends the season strongly, then getting a couple of wins while still maintaining a strong hand isn't a bad thing, at least it gives us something looking forward to moving ahead.

The main downside is maintaining Nicks, but the reality is he wasn't going anywhere.
Playing the kids could result in more wins....

Murphy out and Taylor a full game is an upgrade....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem is the club have shown that a 34% win rate isn't shit enough to make a change.

So the question is how many losses will it take?
My worry is if you run a team too low it's hard to turn around quickly even with a coaching change. I'd hope that a competent football club could see what we see without bottoming out ( again)

Maybe the right path to success doesn't require us to be a massive failure this year?

Cheering for a massive failure of a year is wanting us to tear it down and start another six to ten years of rebuild.

GWS are a very talented side, and our best beat them. Sydney are the best in the comp, and our best was more than competitive with them. Same with Collingwood.

Maybe we should be looking to improve and see winning as what we want to do, instead of looking to nuke it all?
No it is not. A massive failure which leads us to a change of coach and bring in a highly talented young mid could see a reasonable rebound. Stop making stuff up.

There seems to be some sort of strategy where Nicks thinks putting Laird in the middle I'm the last quarter to lock things up is a good idea.

This is a terrible strategy as not only has it failed every time, but it creates a negative mindset.

Please stop doing this and keep Laird at HB.

Not sure why you would say he went into middle in last qr. when he had 20 cba for day

Give credit where it’s due he had 23 touches at 83% efficiency with 7 score involvements including 2 centre clearances where he KICKED long to ff from centre clearance with Fog and tex kicking goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't watch the game until this arvo. Somehow managed to miss any spoilers and missed the shit fight on here.

Thought we played pretty well, especially considering our horrible recent form. We really should have won that by 40 points had we not missed so many shots. Winning the centre clearances against that midfield was a great return after we had been getting pantsed in there in recent times.

We also held up and didn't turn to custard when they came at us. Dawson was huge getting back to help out.

Such a wasted year though.

Wheelo compehensive stats for the game.

If you click on the header for each stat column you get how each player rated from top to bottom in that stat.

Interestingly, Adelaide was the least experienced side in the league this week, and equal youngest (tied with Freo). Nobody was even particularly close in terms of experience - Adelaide had 75.9 average games played, Freo and North had 82 and 83 respectively and everyone else was 90+.

This was also true the round before the bye, but I assumed some experienced players coming back might have dragged us up a bit more.

Interestingly, Adelaide was the least experienced side in the league this week, and equal youngest (tied with Freo). Nobody was even particularly close in terms of experience - Adelaide had 75.9 average games played, Freo and North had 82 and 83 respectively and everyone else was 90+.

This was also true the round before the bye, but I assumed some experienced players coming back might have dragged us up a bit more.
And yet we played brilliantly until we started to tire

Imagine that - huh playing the kids doesnt mean loss after loss like some have cried

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R16: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back