Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

And another one.

Nick’s given you a lot of confidence this year he knows what he’s doing? Do I really need to list his errors again?

But when the week leading up to Taylor’s late call up he’s saying he’s got stuff to work on and yet plays due to injury, shows he belongs and keeps his place, you know Nicks doesn’t have a clue.

But let’s look at what you’ve said, you think he’s just happened to time the playing of each kid just as they are ready, they weren’t ready a few weeks before but just that week. Is that what you’re really suggesting?
I don’t know any different, and frankly, neither do you.

I don’t know any different, and frankly, neither do you.
But there is a clearly consistent pattern where there is no planned debut just a run of injuries that conveniently allow the debut

But there is a clearly consistent pattern where there is no planned debut just a run of injuries that conveniently allow the debut
You don’t know wtf is going on behind the scenes. Stop pretending you do.

Stop swallowing the bs fed to you
Im not fed any ****ing thing. Just sick of the herd mentality in here. Nicks has made some monumental mistakes, never said he didnt. I’d prefer Buckley as coach going forward. But the way you lot carry on is ridiculous. You all think you know better, but the fact is, you don’t have a clue. You harp on every tiny little thing as if it’s the end of the world. Injuries happened, kids got played, kids do well so end up playing some more. Nicks made mistakes, learns from them and hopefully will be better in the future.

Im not fed any ****ing thing. Just sick of the herd mentality in here. Nicks has made some monumental mistakes, never said he didnt. I’d prefer Buckley as coach going forward. But the way you lot carry on is ridiculous. You all think you know better, but the fact is, you don’t have a clue. You harp on every tiny little thing as if it’s the end of the world. Injuries happened, kids got played, kids do well so end up playing some more. Nicks made mistakes, learns from them and hopefully will be better in the future.
Any comment on the consistent pattern of injury debuts?

We all know your position but you always defer to the club. Nicks does learn but its a slow slow process.

I really wish someone at the club would publicly call out the horrendous pathetic umpiring we've copped, particularly in last few weeks.

Chris Scott calls it out all the time.

Sick of the club being weak in this regard.

Not a game to remember, but a promising performance in tough conditions.

Good:

Thilthorpe: Did Nicks deserve that to work as a sub? Absolutely not. Did Thilthorpe show something to say the hype of him having a breakout year pre-injury was legit. Yup. Looked legit.
Soligos class really shone through that game with his movement. Another good preseason and he could push himself into being an elite 3rd mid.
I was happy with Fogarty game. Not one for key forwards - mostly - but competed hard and was a menace as a target. Ditto Walker, who looks like he should get another contract.
Dowling takes another big moment. Kids got ice in his veins.
I had a lot of time for both Berry and Taylors games. 7 clearances to both in the wet and both seemed to be rather instrumental in putting the game on Adelaides term in the second quarter. Taylor in particular, that kids star is rising.
Keays was brilliant - minus the goal kicking, but fair enough this week.
The defensive unit of Keane, Murray and Butts did serious yeoman work. That Murray hit as well was ~chefs kiss~.
Bond handled his debut well, and beat Higgins silly. I think he'll get axed for Hinge next week - as someone needs to - but did himself no harm with that effort.
Dawson had a big bounceback. Keep him behind the football more!
Sholl done a pretty bang up job saving his career this year and has morphed into a solid winger.
Nankervis keeps on looking like a neat and tough footballer.

Eh?

I thought Rachele was good in the first half and faded badly in the second half (with one or two bad moments to boot). I thought Cook was invisible in the first half and owned his moments in the second well. Considering the position can be hot and cold, willing to shrug and move on.
Laird was good, but getting done multiple times with the soccers to the boundary is just dumb football if you know the umpires are hot on it.

Sad:

Yeah, that game showed that the end has come for Smith. Just seemed a step too slow for heat the Saints brung.

Love the club because we are backing in the kids and they are showing good signs but I think it’s time for Rachelle to get dropped to sanfl. He has no confidence and is not having a positive impact right now. Some time in the 2s to get confidence back, he’s a real concern. He seems a bit soft and doesn’t go back hard enough in my eyes. Compare him to Sholl who went back hard, no knowing was was behind him. Rash needs to improve

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or maybe he's played them at the right time, and not rushed them in and ruined their careers? He might have learned something from McAsey.
Remember, those who wanted these kids in aren't actually watching the SANFL games

No but despite those monumental mistakes youre now claiming he’s timed playing the kids exactly when they were ready 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any comment on the consistent pattern of injury debuts?

We all know your position but you always defer to the club. Nicks does learn but its a slow slow process.
As long as he learns! I don’t always defer to the club at all, but i recognise that those who are at the club and working with the players every day, are at a distinct advantage over those of us who are armchair critics (or keyboard warriors).

Stop swallowing the bs fed to you

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s a football club. You’ve come to the GBU thread, with many of the other usual suspects & moaners yelling at clouds, to take pot shots at Nicks after….A WIN

Enjoy it, or maybe go into hibernation for a few years..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s a football club. You’ve come to the GBU thread, with many of the other usual suspects & moaners yelling at clouds, to take pot shots at Nicks after….A WIN

Enjoy it, or maybe go into hibernation for a few years..
Lol

I know its a football club and football clubs make mistakes and supporters will defend those mistakes until the club makes changes

Oh and go back and read MY posts in this thread before YOU get accused of starting conspiracies

Yes one in which Nicks times playing the kids just when they are ready 🤣🤣

Now given the Taylor example, do you think your alternative is realistic?

Everyone knows your view. Jenny gave hers. You disagree. No need to turn this into another 10 page back and forth which achieves nothing.

At this point, no. Needs more, of course, but it's in a much healthier spot compared to last year. Last year was Dawson and Laird as a two man wrecking ball, alongside a hope and a prayer.

This year, we've seen Rankine has come in and right now, is a top 10 player in the comp as a mid--forward. Dawson has backed up last year quite well, though not to the same heights. Soligo has come on and done a solid job as a third mid. Laird is still putting up respectable numbers, ditto Matt Crouch pre-injury. The base is there for a rather solid and well rounded group in 2025, though it probably requires Soligo to take the next step without any genuine additions - or a big in and under clearance winner to come forth. A new ruck, and one that could help out with ground work, would go a long way as well.

The area that's killing Adelaide at the moment is at half back. Sure, injuries with Milera have hurt - as we lost a genuine playmaker - but we've had a lot of issues transitioning the ball from defense to midfield. It's likely using Dawson more defensively would help alleviate it seeing as it stands, with Milera wiped and Smith finding the cliff, it is looking dire with just Hinge.

I do think there is wisdom in saying lets not get ahead of ourselves with the kids though. Plenty have come through, looked a million dollars in a debut period and disappeared once the momentum faded.
Two words for you Golumless Oscar Ryan. In terms of run off half back

Two words for you Golumless Oscar Ryan. In terms of run off half back

I hope we give Ryan and Curtin at least... AT LEAST 2 full games before end of year, even if they are not quite ready they can at least be motivated over summer to know what they need to do.

Simple basic coaching... But then again, even that might be too much for Nicksy. :$

FMD that umpiring was ugly.

Lots of good, esp the kids. Who knew playing the kids might reveal something? None should be dropped and all look ready for it.

So ****ing good to see Thilthorpe back. He is going to dominate the game
The kids are great, but how do we fit Hinge, Worral and Rankine back in the side? Who goes out? It won't be Smith or Laird.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back