Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well add Bolton to the outs for a few weeks and Rioli.

only positive is will probably get to see Maurice and Stack come in

i think maybe we are being stubborn about the stand rule bullshit.
until this year our man on the mark was a big part of forcing them long down the line, cue turnover game and the structures are in place to capitalise.
it's true that midfield pressure will be down with gut runners out injured, but to me we almost simulate this with the way we don't prevent these 15m kicks out of our backline.
week in week out i am watching oppos get it to their forward wing with tiny precise kicks and we haven't manned up one of them, it's stupid. freezing the mark has opened up the short inside kick and we seem to not have woken up. by the time the oppo is at forward wing they have a frozen zombie on the mark and all the time in the world [having taken a mark there] to pinpoint one of their leading forwards, who are expecting the kick.
i know its passe and all that, but geez we need to make them kick long out of their defence by manning up the short inside diagonal option. relying on the turnover game when its already deep in their 50 is chancey at best.

This is another issue as well. I think there was a great quote Wilt Chamberlain said to MJ, once upon a time.....

"The difference between you and me is that they had to change the rules, so I couldn't dominate. They changed the rules for you so that you could dominate"

In this situation, we are Wilt. The AFL effectively has made game changes over the past 5 years which seem to always result in a negative to our game style. be it 50m penalties, 6, 6, 6 rule, shorter quarters & now the man standing the mark rule - the new rule always seems to play against our current style of play.

Each time we adjust, but it's always on the fly, not so much "design"... I personally think that is why our current list seems a little rudderless - outside of our starting 18, i am not really sure where most of these other players are meant to fit into our style of play .This latest rule change is probably one of the more obvious attempts ive seen in any sport to try & tamper with the games fairness to try and "encourage" onfield equality. The standing the mark rule only exist IMO due to our style and dominance. It is without a doubt the worst rule change i can recall, effectively making the team without the ball play 1 man down while their "mark stander" becomes a scarecrow. It has resulted in a short game ruled by boring uncontested 15m marks - Watching the AFL has become very tedious - i barely watch any other teams play now, despite having Kayo. If anything, i reckon i watch more "classic" game replays than anything else.

Can’t take a trick

9e586d4db92832fb6a138522d08dc51b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with Bolton?

seriously, put a fork in us, we are done.

After the Stack and CCJ incident - how on earth do these 2 find themselves in this situation.

Bolton, broken wrist - same week the media are celebrating him as an $800k a season player. unbelievable.

I take it all back, we would be no chance against the Lions now

Can anyone do me a massive favour?

Last year, when Tom Hawkins pushed off Balta and Soldo did his ACL, someone posted other GIFs of Hawkins blatantly pushing his man into oncoming blokes on purpose.

I can't seem to find the right thread though, but I'm debating with a Geelong supporting mate who doesn't reckon Hawkins does it.

EDIT: I have the footage of the Soldo incident already, but I remember there being footage/GIFs of other times Hawkins has done it.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, all good!
Just get video of any game Hawkins plays in .... he does it all the time ... don’t know how this prick has gotten away with it for so long

This latest issue really underlines another issue we have which i think is also really hurting us.

After Cotchin, where is our next level of leadership?

Without knowing the details of what happened, these guys could have been fighting against some real pieces of shit who were very rude to Dan's GF.

But, getting into fights is not the answer at anytime, especially when you are earning between $300-800k based on you being physically capable.

I hope they at least won the fight, as the incident might cost them a lot of money & us a chance at a 3peat.

Just get video of any game Hawkins plays in .... he does it all the time ... don’t know how this prick has gotten away with it for so long

I honestly don't know how Geelong have gotten away with heaps of their shit for years. onfield, offield - they have always scooted through as media darlings.

Have to line up Selwood the next time we play.
Bruce is due attention in future too, for concussing Grimes.
If it's not our year, hope an interstate team wins.
Would devastate the Dees, Cats and Doggies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the kids are gonna have a good chance to show us what they have

Not ideal circumstances but who knows we might unearth another gem or two

That's 3 aberrations out of our 4 losses. We start well then completely fall apart. At this rate we'll be doing well just to make the 8.
Two of them we started well then lost it. One we got blasted from the start.
3 of our wins we started slow and came home strong. There’s no real pattern to it.

Outs:
- Edwards, Bolton, Rioli

Ins:
- CCJ, Caddy, Stack

CCJ to play second ruck/full forward, Caddy to play full forward/on ball, Stack to play small forward and push through the midfield if needed. Dusty to play as a genuine on baller, which is basically where he predominately played during his brownlow year and Lynch to push up the ground and play to his strengths for a change, rather than sitting it on his head.

This latest issue really underlines another issue we have which i think is also really hurting us.

After Cotchin, where is our next level of leadership?

Without knowing the details of what happened, these guys could have been fighting against some real pieces of sh*t who were very rude to Dan's GF.

But, getting into fights is not the answer at anytime, especially when you are earning between $300-800k based on you being physically capable.

I hope they at least won the fight, as the incident might cost them a lot of money & us a chance at a 3peat.
dusty, grimes, astbury, jackg, jackr, vloss, lambert, sheds, meatball
i find some of your posts annoying and doubt your tiger loyalties

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back