AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Cold Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the switch from resting ruck to Caddy was a much bigger factor in our improved forward pressure than Hind being sub.
Just for me, the game against WC our forward pressure was abysmal with basically the same forward line as tonight less Hind.

Knowing Collingwood, I couldn’t relax until there was only 30 seconds left, then it was like:

IMB-k8-NKJ2.gif

Lots to like. Surprised noone has mentioned Cox's stint in the ruck? Gave Wright a chop out as 2nd. Against the right opposition he should be used tactically as a ruck imo, was pretty impressed.

Merret was unbelievable, true captain and you csn tell thr lads love him. A noticeable difference for me was the ruck work looked so much better because it had shiel in there driving the clearances. It let all the other role players fall back into their positions all across the ground.

Also the fact that heppell and Goldstein were dropped and the ability to run the game out was improved significantly. Only decision I wasn't a fan of is rhe lack of respect for hind! Would have rather seen Wright subbed earlier and hind in before we started trying to ice the game in the 4th.

Lots to like. Surprised noone has mentioned Cox's stint in the ruck? Gave Wright a chop out as 2nd. Against the right opposition he should be used tactically as a ruck imo, was pretty impressed.

Merret was unbelievable, true captain and you csn tell thr lads love him. A noticeable difference for me was the ruck work looked so much better because it had shiel in there driving the clearances. It let all the other role players fall back into their positions all across the ground.

Also the fact that heppell and Goldstein were dropped and the ability to run the game out was improved significantly. Only decision I wasn't a fan of is rhe lack of respect for hind! Would have rather seen Wright subbed earlier and hind in before we started trying to ice the game in the 4th.
Thought Cox did well in the ruck- had thought we were testing it out to see if he could cope well and we'd sub wright.

Looked pretty good at times.

Team is still a work in progress but there were some good signs.

Wing marking has really improved with Jones there. Too many talls flying for marks and not enough staying down for the ground ball, but something easy to work on.

Caddy was immense looked great even if he wasn’t converting his shots.

Though the game turned when Essendon started being more abrasive physically. We’re trying to rely on perceived pressure early in the game and Collingwood didn’t respect their tackling at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted on the main board but all week people have been blasting us for not beating a top eight team.

If results go the expected way then we still would not have beaten a top eight team.
Such a load of crap. We've beaten Bulldogs, Pies, GWS and Hawks, all who will either make the 8 or miss narrowly. We also have the chance to knock off Melbourne and Freo in the next few weeks.

A win and a draw against the reigning premiers.

How good is it waking up after a win?

I sat behind the goals last night so didn’t see everything, but what I did see:

- Nathaniel Caddy will tear up a game sooner than later (touch wood)
-Pressure is back…Pies had no room to move much in 2nd or 3rd
  • Jones on the wing is one of the best moves this season
  • Draper is back
  • Marking around the ground has improved heaps,
  • Last 10 mins we let them get going again
  • Should have won by more
  • The resolve in getting back in the match after that 1st quarter proves we’ve turned a corner this year

It was a perfect winter’s night for footy.

I might actually watch a replay this time…

Agree with Hind. 4 minutes is easy money for him I suposse!

Inject Hind in the third we may have broke them completely. Even in 4 minutes he added energy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back