Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Best

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My opinion is he didnt intentionally hit Dion in the head and set out to knock him out.
BUT he did choose to bump, he did choose to run past the ball, he did choose to use excessive physical pressure on Dion.

The result being Dion knocked out and in a world of hurt.

So “why” he did it is irrelevant. If he is a shit campaigner or the pope is irrelevant.

It’s a dog act end of. What he chose to do is a dog act on the footy field and more importantly could have very sad mental repercussions down the track for Dion.

Another great example of wokeism. I'm now somehow told I said the AFL was comparable to Nazi Germany which I never did.
Speaking of which, Wokeism is comparable to the Mass formation which occured in Nazi Germany in the 1930's, that is for certain.
I mean you did.........

You can't argue dissent. A coach can't argue it. You can't hold your hands up in the air to remonstrate a decision. The major press are in support of it as so are the fanatical younger generation.
What don't you understand about Totalitarianism? Have you studied Nazi Germany early 30s or Stalin Russia 30s?

WAKE UP!!!!

STEWART'S GOOD CHARACTER

Geelong is now arguing the Tribunal should consider the remorse shown by Stewart and his good character.
His counsel Ben Ihle says the level of remorse in the quarter-time huddle, by Chris Scott post-match and in a doorstop interview yesterday were all noteworthy.
"He has expressed his genuine concern for Prestia and genuine disappointment in his decision."
He also says Stewart was happy to accept the "severe" classification of the impact and not argue it as high.

STEWART'S GOOD CHARACTER

Geelong is now arguing the Tribunal should consider the remorse shown by Stewart and his good character.
His counsel Ben Ihle says the level of remorse in the quarter-time huddle, by Chris Scott post-match and in a doorstop interview yesterday were all noteworthy.
"He has expressed his genuine concern for Prestia and genuine disappointment in his decision."
He also says Stewart was happy to accept the "severe" classification of the impact and not argue it as high.

What a joke what about Basha Houli"s good character. HYPCRITES. Afl hate the tiges.

WTF has woke got to do with anything?

The umpiring was garbage because they paid Geelong frees that we didn't get.

Is woke the term of insult used by people that listen to Murdoch news and don't know what it means.

Woke means "alert to injustice in society, especially racism." Not sure how that applies to umpiring.
I liked his post except for the use of woke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOUR WEEKS FOR STEWART

And it's four weeks for Tom Stewart.
Tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson said:
"The bump was late. He (Prestia) was wide open, exposed and vulnerable.
"Stewart had sufficient time to see Prestia had not taken possession.
"He ran past the ball and made a conscious, albeit split-second, decision to bump Presita at speed.
"The degree of carelessness was high.
"He breached his duty of care by some margin."

Last 8 games. 6-2. Losses by 6 and 3 against 6th and 2nd. Not bad.

Losses hurt and may cost us top 4, but this isn't anything new. We learn a lot from our losses and the regular season is where you want to learn those lessons. (Hopefully one of those lessons is how to close out a game)Just remember 2017 we lost 3 in a row by under a goal.

Not only that but we generally have lost our regular season games against the teams we beat in finals.

2017 - 1-3 against our finals opponents in the home and away season.
2018 - 3-0
2019 - 2-2
2020 - 2-2

Our 2 finals losses were against teams that we beat during the season. 2-0 over the Pies in 2018. 1-0 over the Lions in 2020.

So yeh, can be looked at as a positive. Only thing is if these cost us top 4, but if we make it chuck us behind the Dees as second favorite tbh.

We need to step it up this week and give West Coast an almighty flogging.

I want us to make the 8 and have a chance of playing Geelong again. Sorry West Coast but you guys are unfortunately standing in our way for a rematch with the cats.
I thought I did a fairly balanced ladder predictor. Admittedly, I had us winning every game. I think our form justifies that.

The only teams we play currently above us are Melbourne games against interstaters. The toughest games I think, are the visits to Port and Gold Coast.

Teams above us play each other a lot (see below). I favoured home teams. I also had Geelong dropping games and Melbourne winning all their’s.

End result was Melbourne on top. Us second, Sydney 3rd and Geelong ninth (probably won’t happen).

These are, to my way of thinking, close to 50/50 games. If teams share them they are going to struggle to finish above us (this obviously assumes we do what we should). The team/s that pinch an extra few of these will be our challenger to top 2 - 4.

That bit of luck can be significant, as we’ve seen with where Collingwood sit. Narrow wins against Carlton, Hawthorn and GWS have them in a great spot. Those games could have gone differently, and so would their season.

Anyway, these 50/50 (imo) games that don’t feature us will shape how high we can go. Let’s hope for an even spread of winners.

Also, Adelaide with two late home games against contenders could be interesting as well.

Bris v Bulldogs
Carlton v St Kilda
GC v Collingwood
Geel v Melbourne
Syd v Bulldogs
St K v Freo
Bulldogs v St K
Carlton v Geel
Freo v Syd
Port v Geel
Bris v GC
Freo v Melbourne
Collingwood v Port
Syd v GWS
Geel v Bulldogs
Bulldogs v Freo
Geel v St K
Bris v Carlton
St K v Bris
GC v Geel
Melbourne v Carlton
Syd v Collingwood
Bris v Melbourne
Carlton v Collingwood
St K v Syd
GWS v Freo

And of course the 'deliberate out of bounds' 12:40 minutes to go when Short sharked the tap from Nank 60m from goal, was tackled and spun 360º dumped and blindly kicking it forward, and was given out of bound deliberately. I mean why would any player deliberately kick a ball out of bounds when you are 60m from your own goal. Of course they went down the other end and kicked a goal. So add that to the goal when Prestia was down. Moronic decision.
Add the ridiculous 50m penalty against HRS that ended in a goal against too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Back