Autopsy Roast and toast vs West Coast and changes for Gold Coast round 17

Best vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pickett was my best. Baker doing baker like things. Rioli Dan.
We need to persist with Gibby.
I am turning the torch up on one of my fabourite players- graham. Got caught 3 times today. really poor game. Would like dow or someone to come in for him. Our centre clearances are an embarrassment, time to do something coaching staff.

Can we get Gibcus back in the seconds to hopefully build some confidence? He had three shocking kicks two of which resulted in goals. He wasn't doing that earlier in the year so I think he just needs to dominate to get his tail back up.

I couldn’t go to game today but was Gibcus on Darling all game? If so then after a shaky start when everyone on BF was screaming for him to be moved off Darling he did a great defensive job. Yes, he made a few howlers but they can easily be rectified by keeping things simple with his ball use and don’t bite off across goal kicks. But Darling was ineffectual after 1/4 time, and Gibcus allows Grimes to be played on smaller players that he can easily zone off as they are not targeted with inside-50’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would be getting paid more than both of them, he is their first choice key position forward and they are generally top 5 players in terms of money

Of course it would of been handy but we couldn’t of afforded to pay him best 22 type money when he would of been still a depth option
I know Chol was inconsistent but his performances were improving and remember Dimma saying in one of his pressers last year that he had plenty more improvement in him. I think he was heading for something better than a depth player

But I’m not blaming the club for letting him go , I think list management has been pretty good overall ( apart from rewarding a couple of role players with longer contracts than warranted). And Chol had family in QLD.

Yep. With recent ins they're a lot better than their ladder position suggests.

Will be interesting to see what they do to Carlton next week.

Thought we did okay especially with Prestia out.

Lots of room for improvement and short of major injuries I think we only get better going into finals.
Remember it was a tough game last round/week too..

I thought Ross was a bit disappointing and probably leaving him out to include Prestia.

Pickett I would be looking to include in the inside mid mix with him playing so well and we are thin in there, especially for big bodies. But he is going so well on the wing it is not ideal.

If Balta is not ready then Miller needs to come in for either Soldo or Gibcus, take your pick. Big fan of Soldo but a run of 3-4 consecutive in the VFL where he is a dominant ruckman will help him longer term. Balta to replace the other of the pair when he is right to go. Miller worries me in the contest still but is in great form and uses the ball well. We need to use these guys over a long season.

Mansell is playing very well in the VFL and I am probably slotting him into the team for Ralphsmith, especially with the Suns having very dangerous small forwards.

In: Mansell Prestia Miller

Out: Ralphsmith Soldo/Gibcus Ross

Miller might be worth some thought, but he’s had zero time in that role in the 2s. If they want to consider that they probably should give him some time in the guts and up forward in the Reserves. They certainly throw the magnets around re other players- Stack, Mansell for example

Gibcus needs a spell. Bring in Miller against GC. He’d be a good match up on Chol. I’d probably give him a couple games, play him against north also.

Gibcus played more games this year already than what I thought he would. So it’s been a win and great for his development. We were probably a bit lucky Kennedy didn’t play, the guy always seems to play a blinder against us

I couldn’t go to game today but was Gibcus on Darling all game? If so then after a shaky start when everyone on BF was screaming for him to be moved off Darling he did a great defensive job. Yes, he made a few howlers but they can easily be rectified by keeping things simple with his ball use and don’t bite off across goal kicks. But Darling was ineffectual after 1/4 time, and Gibcus allows Grimes to be played on smaller players that he can easily zone off as they are not targeted with inside-50’s.

Na he got moved off darling after first quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Chol was inconsistent but his performances were improving and remember Dimma saying in one of his pressers last year that he had plenty more improvement in him. I think he was heading for something better than a depth player

But I’m not blaming the club for letting him go , I think list management has been pretty good overall ( apart from rewarding a couple of role players with longer contracts than warranted). And Chol had family in QLD.
Love Marbs but for some reason can’t imagine him as part of a premiership team photo

Who played on him after 1/4 time? I saw him doing plenty of spoils but was he going 3rd man up and Grimes was onto Darling ?

Seemed like more of a team focus on him after the 1st instead of that traditional match up
Taz took him for a little, Gibcus had a few later contests along with Grimes and Broad

Gibcus needs a spell. Bring in Miller against GC. He’d be a good match up on Chol. I’d probably give him a couple games, play him against north also.

Gibcus played more games this year already than what I thought he would. So it’s been a win and great for his development. We were probably a bit lucky Kennedy didn’t play, the guy always seems to play a blinder against us
Agree re Miller. Think he has size/ athleticism to play on Chol. Gibcus way undersized at this stage of his career to play on Chol.

Very glad Kennedy didn’t line up, he always seems to play well against us.

Thought we had a lot of flat players today, reckon the big come from behind effort against Cats took its toll

Soldo has to go. The problem is who becomes the 2nd ruck with Balta out. It seems weve gone to Riewoldt lately, but he is awful in the ruck and too slow around the contest. Cant really go back to Pickett as hes playing too well.
One word...Samson...

I am turning the torch up on one of my fabourite players- graham. Got caught 3 times today. really poor game. Would like dow or someone to come in for him.
Yep. I thought he was close to our worst. Apart from the 3 completely unnecessary holding the ball howlers, he was constantly slipping and fumbling the ball.

He won't play that bad again.

Big shout out to KMac. Become a big fan of his lately.
Reckon he’s one of the more quiet achievers in the side that flies under the radar
His massive runs up and down the wings, contested marks and long goals deserve more praise.

4D48D53F-EAAA-4719-B1D5-5BFA98701FD4.jpeg

Yep. I thought he was close to our worst. Apart from the 3 completely unnecessary holding the ball howlers, he was constantly slipping and fumbling the ball.

He won't play that bad again.
mate there are things that seem to be catching up with him. he needs to really hit targets. he is not fast. he gets caught. he monsters the ball. I am just not sure what we can do with him.

Disagree. Can't recall Gaspar slotting one from 55 off one step.. ever.

Gibcus can kick. Just needs confidence and experience. Early days Rance used to make all sorts of errors. So much so he would play in the VFL, and that was when our AFL team was ordinary.
Only at the moment Tiger08. We have a good one here. He'll be far better than Gaspar in a few years from now. I'm interested in whether those turnovers get in the way of his nomination for Rising Star from this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back